Name Crisis Solution

Discussion in 'General' started by Sonoma, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    Hello, Im 1nvestor, right now, and some of you may know me by this name, or some of you may know me by my other 5000 names I have had.
    Ever since mc name changes game out, I have been in a crisis for a name, I couldn't decide, and to this day I haven't been able to decide on one, which makes me look bad that Im constantly changing my names.
    I have come to a final name, to put an end to this.

When I was about 9 years old I made my first Minecraft account, I couldn't think of a name so at the time I asked my Nan, she said "Sonoma" and it was taken so I got mad, and then she asked "whats your favorite number" I said "8" and she said "lets make it sonoma8"
    Up until name changes I was sonoma8 and on all my old servers thats what everyone knew me by.
    For the longest time I looked past this name as it was "noob" name in my opinion for the longest time, and I was constantly looking for cooler names on mcnames....etc. "OG" but I slowly started to realized, I needed to pick a name that has meaning to me, which was "sonoma8"

Starting August 20th, I will go by sonoma8 and I am going to force myself to stick by it for good.

Im tired of constantly having to reintroduce myself to every1.
    This is my fault lol and its annoying
    https://namemc.com/profile/1nvestor.1
    40 names
    https://namemc.com/profile/Richt0fen.2
    original account

I know this seems like a useless thread to make but I don't feel like making a new introduction post so here it is.
    I go by sonoma now.

2. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    You had the name 'lmfao' ?!?!??

Keeping to one name is always good, I had my last name for roughly 5 years before changing it to Cloudeh_ which just kinda stuck.

3. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    Picking one name is hard, I managed to find one that spoke to me aesthetically and piqued an interest I have super early on in my life.

Hopefully, if all goes well, you can indeed stick to sonoma8, but if you don't that's all good. Minecraft is a game of infinite fun and presenting yourself with a different name is most likely very enjoyable to a huge part of the Minecraft community.

I find the origin story of your new (and old) name is very heartwarming and sweet. Hope to see you around, Sonoma.

4. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    I have been known by many names on Minecraft. I truly did love MildSawss when I thought of it though. I sometimes change my name, but I find myself always returning back to MildSawss. It seems to be my go to now.

5. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    Hah yea I had that name, it was before I knew what OG names were and I just randomly typed something in and it worked, I was like 10 or 11 and didn’t know how good it was then changed it.
    One of my biggest regrets lol

6. Vindigo

Vindigo Well-Known Member

Vindigo
    God
    I've been going by Vindigo or Vin for years, even irl but my previous name will always hold a dear place in my heart. Try to keep a name that has meaning, but don't stress about name changes, we get it.

7. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    I've just tried to keep mine simple (apart from Remoteness, which was a song I like from Soundcloud, and Reconditus, a synonym for concealed) by using Dartino and then the age. It nicely lines up with the year too since I am a 2000s baby lol.