Factions My suggestions for Factions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by AkaneKaimetsu, Jul 10, 2019.

1. AkaneKaimetsu

AkaneKaimetsu Active Member

phaxiuss
    Invader
    My in game name is phaxiuss and have played Becto for a good 2+ years now. Here I am going to talk about my opinion on Factions current state. I am going to write my opinions, please comment on whatever you feel was inaccurate. I really don't know why I am writing this. Anyways...

If you've played any Factions, you know that PvP is a major factor. Factions as of right now is like a Survival server as of the lack of pvp. Players take heaps of time to grind up decent gear yet the pvp experience on the server isn't that great. I myself have rarely had a decent fight on Factions as mostly the fights occur in the pit. How the pit works is that it's hard to escape from it, meaning the group with the most players often win. Then when the occasional raid happens there is pvp, but rarely results in someone actually dying. The main reason for it being hard to kill someone is the style of PvP in Becto. I think these things certainly need improvements to help the server grow. In the list below I will explain each aspect of Becto combat that is poor:

• Gapple pvp - in my opinion this style of fights is extremely boring, easy and does not feel rewarding. The only way you can die in gapple pvp is if you run out of apples, run out of sets or forget to eat an apple. If you believe that gapple pvp requires skill, please die in a trap outside of factions spawn. Gapple is just eat and hit. Factions is meant to be competetive and when PvP does not have a huge skill gap, it cannot be rewarding to the best. In my opinion the pvp style should be changed to where pots are used, and gaps are on a cooldown when used.
    • McMMo - whoever donates the most money to get the best possible grinder has greater chances to win every fight. This is because your armor will break 2 minutes into a fight with a person that has high levels of axes. I know it is possible to gather money to make a grinder, but the people that buy crate keys have a head start, and are the ones that sell most of the spawners used for grinding. And it's not only axes that can be leveled, your damage can be made way higher by grinding your swords. This also really tightens the skill gap to where the worst of the worst players have a high chance at beating the best. Grinding these levels is not easy, but as a Factions player you don't want to be spending weeks on this as there are better things to do to benefit your faction. I have played Factions on Becto for a good 2 years now and felt that it was required for me to grind these levels, as pvping was impossible without. This plugin does not belong on a Factions server and hope you can all agree with me on this.
    • Custom enchants - when I started playing Factions custom enchants actually worked, I don't know what they actually do now. I really do not like the idea of custom enchants because they are able to be bought on the web shop and can make pvp one sided. Grinding for the custom enchants is not a problem although, they most certainly have to be balanced. The custom enchants jump boost, blindness, slowness, sentimental and others should never belong on a Factions server. I really liked the update where sentimental had a % on working, yet I still think this enchant should be removed as a whole. Working hard for killing someone and not obtaining their best item feels really un-rewarding. I think that custom enchants should only be grindable and never on sale on the web store. The idea of selling tokens, God gear and god pickaxes is incredibly pay to win and cancels the entire aspect of grinding. Factions is a huge grind and the server needs to always have things to do. There is a token system in Becto, but some servers have XP level system where you get a random enchant for a certain amount of levels. Overall statement, I think custom enchants need working on.
    After talking about my points, I believe having pot PvP is better than gapple pvp as it is certainly more rewarding and skill based.

Server events should be a huge centre of attention for Factions servers. Things like Koth (King of the Hill), LMS (Last man standing) and community hosted events by staff are great things that can bring a lot of fun to the server having these once a day. For a start Factions already has a koth event and this event is really rewarding as it provides keys. However, I think that the Koth event has to have it's own warp that is made specifically for the koth. This is a huge topic and too much to talk about. In conclusion, new events would be a great addition to Factions if made accurately.

I think raiding on Factions is awful. For playing the server for a good 2 years, I have realised that raiding is not fun on Becto as it is really slow and near impossible to do when enemies are online. Wither raiding is incredibly slow and can be easily stopped if the enemies because the wither gets killed really quickly and, it is hard to kill people in general. And to be honest, to raid a huge base with a wither it takes a huge amount of skill. Working the wither is really hard and respect to the Klan boys for being amazing at it. I have built many cannons on Becto, to see most of them not function properly, or the occasional cannon that worked to be incredibly slow and have problems shooting past some obsidian that was placed intentionally (made to stop cannons from progressing and made them completely useless I don't know what its called). When I said that cannons are slow, this is because only one stackers seem to work, making it take time for cannons to get through a load of sand walls that are sky limit high. I don't know much about cannon plugins allowing them to work, but the server needs to have better raiding. For cannons also, they could lag the server, so the machine would be to be upgraded if cannoning was developed.

As you all probably know by now, most Factions servers now a days have rewards for the top winning Factions. Most big servers have a payout for every week. Becto need a prize for the top Factions. Even as a start just giving the top Factions rewards at the end of the season would attract more players. Example concept that Becto could use to reward top factions:

"End of season Factions rewards
    1st place - $50 buycraft coupon
    2nd place - $35 buycraft coupon
    3rd place - $15 buycraft coupon"

Most of the things that I've talked about that needs changing brings Becto money. Enchant tokens are bought on the web shop. God gear is bought on the web shop. If Becto did listen to my suggestions these things would no longer be a money making method for them on Factions. This is why Becto needs to add other things that can make them money. Such as cosmetics.

All of these points would make the server greater, bringing more players and more competition.

I can understand that Becto is probably busy doing other things as this is a huge network and has many sub servers, but hope you can take some of my points into consideration. I wrote this up because I was bored and hope to get some feedback from the owners. Remember this is my opinion on what Factions needs and most of these things will definitely stay the same due to the way Becto is.

Thanks for reading my garbage post,
    phaxiuss.

2. bubblesnbugs

bubblesnbugs Active Member

Dabears57
    God
    +1(y) I agree

#2 bubblesnbugs, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  3. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    This season of factions was doomed to fail from the start. The beta for it was short and as lazy as you could possibly make a beta for a server that's adding in a huge amount of new features and functions. Community input was all but ignored for a majority of the start of factions and continued to be ignored after.

I'll move on to what you've mentioned,

Gapple pvp is simply what becto is and we have to accept it, it's been in too long and factions is molded around it. With the lag you get on the server no matter how little just make pot pvp a bad idea.

Mcmmo is an extremely popular plugin on a huge amount of factions servers. It also gives you something to work towards, the problem with it is when the proper tuning on when what level the special skills gained from mcmmo stop. This is all adjustable the way things currently are. I'd also like to mention that if mcmmo was removed you'd remove a huge portion of time people would actively play as it provides something to work towards, and is a time sink. The only issue is finding a balance.

Custom enchants will probably never change as far as the plugin being used is concerned. A huge amount of the newly added available enchants are useless and a waste of enchant tokens. The enchants you listed such as blindness, jump boost, slowness, sentimental and I'll add speed to the list shouldn't be a part of factions and should of never been around. Aside from that it is what it is no real use going in depth since it most likely will not change.

Server events are hard to do but would be nice. Obviously the current Koth is trash but no use go in depth about why that is since it's such a huge topic but I do agree it needs it's own area.

Wither raiding is the only actual way to raid a base until the cannons are fixed. Until that happens it's something we just have to deal with. It's annoying that you almost always have to wither raid while the opposing faction is offline. It's not particularly hard to wither raid it's just that so many people are brain dead that it becomes hard for them and it's not just a hur dur youtube video guide. I will say it's confusing when you start out unless your in a faction with experience already with it. It wouldn't be hard for me to guess that currently people only lower to half hp and snowball. I don't want to go too in depth on this subject but I'll end it with this I think the major issue between cannon raiding and wither raiding is a cannon you can make and use and perform just as if you did with any number of people but wither raiding is significantly easier with more people especially if everyone knows what to do.

Seasonal rewards were a thing for seasons 3 and below. You were around when we were livid that there was not going to be an end of season reward for season 4 and we still didn't find out if there was going to be one despite asking several times over several months until the day of the purge. Even after being sabotaged with alts being kicked while we were offline the day before we still managed to raid back a majority of our f top value as majority of it was still left in the over claimed bases. I think we ended that season with upwards of 150mill in value I could be wrong on the exact number, even if you cut our f top in half to account for what we raided off FunnyFish(which wasn't even a third of our value) we still were ahead of everyone else as 2nd was 27mill. Either way stupid situation and decision to not give out a prize but also even stupider to not tell anyone until the day of purge.

Webstore items I doubt will be changed or removed so I won't touch up on any of that.

Some stuff you didn't mention and I might not know of being fixed or changed are faction commands, no limit to faction members, no limit to amount of allies, and gen buckets. What I mean by faction commands are the commands added newly this season that allow you to recruit 100% random people and give them 0 access to use as faction power. No limit to faction members because of what I previously mentioned, a faction with 40+ players but only consisting of 5-10 actual players shouldn't be a thing. No limit to allies I mentioned because of Koth since when I was last online it was what looked like 90% of the server allied together and taking Koth constantly. Gen buckets I know sand gens were taken out but I'm not sure about cobble still being in the game either way neither should of been added in the first place.

Overall you've made some good points we agree and disagree on some but we both can agree a change needs to be made. Season 6 is such a disgrace and unless things change it's looking like the next season will be in the bin as well. I'm not sure who will take over the handling of factions but whoever does I'd highly suggest taking more community suggestions or asking for them on changes and not just listening to a single faction you're friends with like the last person.

4. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Alright, if you are looking for
    - mcmmo changes
    - less p2w custom enchants
    - rewarding pvp
    - pot pvp
    - f top rewards
    You need to go to a different server. These things haven't been integrated since day 1, and doesn't fit with the "becto factions" image.

5. bubblesnbugs

bubblesnbugs Active Member

Dabears57
    God
    The image I get from becto factions is a dead server. The image needs to change.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. AkaneKaimetsu

phaxiuss
    Invader
    I've already spent quite some time writing today so I'll have to make this a short one.

Good point on the server being laggy and then imagining the lag with some of these suggestions. They would definitely require the server to have an upgrade. But yeah, as I stated most of these things would never be changed due to reasons. Just simply stated what I would see Becto as a great server.

McMMo isn't the worst plugin for a Factions server. Said what I thought about it which is that you are forced to grind your levels to do good in a fight and can over power a skilled player.

Cannons do need to be fixed. Thing is with raiding I mentioned that online raids are nearly impossible. With working cannons you could create a little base for your cannon (it's called a cannon box). Enemies would have to raid the cannon to stop the raid with their own cannon set up to prevent this. tbh idk where im going with this, this isn't no top server which would have all the time for this. This is how big fac servers are like. Anyways just need to have cannons that work because wither raiding is almost impossible when enemies are online. I really didn't understand what you thought about the server fixing cannons.

As a small server, I believe gen buckets should not be a thing. If the server was to gain some competition/players then I think it wouldn't be a bad idea as placing 30 sand walls would take heaps of time. Obviously genning while being raided should be disallowed and bannable. For things like this faction warnings should be set up, where if a faction gets a certain amount of warnings they get disqualified, get no ftop prize and are off the ftop list. I also think that Factions should only be allowed to have one ally.

From what you said about season rewards I took it that you were very dissapointed about them not being given out. I'll take it that you agree on rewards.

I forgot about the custom enchant speed. There should never be an enchant that makes you run that fast. And yeah, most of the enchants currently available are useless for the weapons. I realised that blindness, slowness and others had stopped working this season so the God weapons were actually as good as non God.

Becto could possibly even hire someone to work on their Factions server as they really do need someone that can handle these suggestions well. But no doubt they can do this by themselves. Factions as one of the most fun gamemodes to many really does need changes made.

#6 AkaneKaimetsu, Jul 11, 2019 at 1:30 AM
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019 at 1:36 AM
  7. AkaneKaimetsu

phaxiuss
    Invader
    If you aren't going to reply with some reasonable comments, please don't. I am already playing multiple servers and just stating my opinions on what I think needs changing. And as I said, most of these things wont be added/changed, as it is my opinion and might not be of Becto's likings.

8. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    You’re describing a competitive factions server, Becto is not at all competitive some of the things you mentioned won’t be added, they have been suggested before and like stated above, they haven’t been added since day 1, Becto factions is different, although it does need some updating and care.

9. AkaneKaimetsu

phaxiuss
    Invader
    Factions in itself is a competetive gamemode. I have said already that many of these suggestions probably wont be added. Love the useful comment though.

10. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    If most of these things won't be added or changed in your opinion, and you want these things, and you have other servers to play factions on, why are you calling my post unreasonable?

11. AkaneKaimetsu

phaxiuss
    Invader
    All I'm doing is suggesting things off the top of my head, as many of us know the Factions image is dead like Bubblesnugs said. The server really does need changes, and definitely needs to hear what the community thinks. Ofcourse not everything I said is going to be true, but I'm just listing ideas that could be talked about. You are telling me to play different servers which is pretty hateful as I'm only trying to discuss what needs changing.

You literally said the pvp isn't rewarding like it's normal for you on Becto. FTop rewards were a thing just did not continue for whatever reason.

A reasonable post is something with counter arguments, not listing things and saying that they don't belong here without any reasons behind it. Please stop garbage posting as it is getting annoying now.

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Stop being hateful, your so mean. How is this garbage posting? I just reiterated what you said, and then told you it wasn't really in becto to have pot pvp, it is far more a gap pvp server. I don't see this being changed, so I'm not sure how my post is garbage to be perfectly honest. If you want all those things in a factions server, I merely suggest you play on a different one. In my mind you are garbage posting, you post random ideas you threw at the wall, and didn't expect very many of them implemented.

13. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    If you already said most these won’t be added and you already know they won’t, why make the thread and bring those up?

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  14. AkaneKaimetsu

phaxiuss
    Invader
    I'm just discussing what I think is wrong with the server and getting other people's opinions. I never said they have no chance of being added; I said there's a slim chance.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List