Creative More "freedom" in creative

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by idontknw, Apr 10, 2019.

?

Should creative have more "freedom"?

1. Nah, it's fine

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yeah, it should!

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. idontknw

idontknw Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    I like the creative server, but it seems like we don't really have that much access to things. Here's a list of some things I think need to be changed:
    1. Access to more blocks in worldedit. It's annoying to not be able to do simple things like place hoppers.
    2. Give /enchant to all ranks. This doesn't seem that big, but the Plus rank really has no advantages in creative, which is very annoying. /enchant would be nice.
    3. Allow items to be dropped. I get that this can cause lag, but you could have a system like other servers where items are cleared every 10 minutes or so.
    4. Allow spawning mobs. Again, the problem could be lag, and you can't exactly just kill all mobs. But you could have a system, for example a max of 20 mobs per plot.
    5. Let crops grow. I would love to use creative to design automatic farms, but obviously I can't if nothing grows.
    6. Allow maps. I've spoken about this before, but it would be really cool to be able to make "custom paintings"

I think many other creative players and I would like to see these changes, and they really don't seem that big.

2. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    Some comments in order of your suggestions:
    1. What "more" blocks do you suggest?
    2. I think this is a good suggestion as it allows all ranks to test enchantments - but adding the custom enchants too would be nice to help with testing across all servers.
    3. I'm on the fence on this one - on one hand, it would be a lot more efficient when players want to/have to drop items instead of using chests (like in roleplays) but it could be abused and cause FPS lag due to a lot of entities.
    4. Again, i'm on the fence - would allow mob farm testing for the different servers but can be used to troll players if they were spawned on players plots when they weren't expecting it.
    5. Crops growing naturally is a good idea, but I guess bonemeal is an intermediate solution right now.
    6. Maps were disabled due to some reason (I was told why, but I can't remember the said reason).
    I feel like 4 would fit a test server more than the current creative server.

3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Add potions, and also add regular and custom enchantments. Add hoppers especially. +1 don't allow dropped items though.

4. TheDragonKillerz

TheDragonKillerz Well-Known Member

Pluji
    Veteran
    Simple solution to dropping items is placing a chest, and giving the other player the item that way.

5. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    maps also lag i believe

6. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    1. adding custom paintings to Creative will be abused and used inappropriately.

2. adding mobs causes lag to the server, no matter how many.

3. dropping items do cause lag and resetting Creative constantly will just make everything worse and annoy others.

4. "Letting crops grow." it's not a bad suggestion but it's Creative, not survival. you can make the crops look like they're growing by using bone meal.

5. ranks have their privileges and just letting everyone use it will probably make people think they wasted money if they bought the rank just for that. and not to mention if you're letting everyone use it then ranks are basically useless in Creative.

7. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    can we move this to declined suggestions?

8. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    I believe this is a good suggestion, but as @Dartino15 asks, what blocks do you suggest to be added?

I think /enchant is good where it stands (an Invader+ perk). Imo PLUS has one of the most useful (excluding WorldEdit) commands, /tp.

I don't entirely see the point of this being added, you can still design farms without plants naturally growing. Additionally, this would stop the creative use of half-grown crops.

These will not be added since they have a possibility of creating mass amounts of lag.

9. MrKittle

MrKittle Well-Known Member

Lord_Coffee
    God
    Add carpets to world edit.

10. idontknw

idontknw Member

idontknw
    Veteran
    How do maps create lag? And they have all of those on other servers so...

11. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    there's a difference between Creative and all the other servers. if anything, Creative is probably the server that can cause lag a lot more often than any other server in Becto.

Felicette, can you move this to the declined suggestion box?

12. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Banned

Green_Fred
    Invader
    Can you please stop being impatient and let the dude just give his thoughts out?

13. Dymethius

Dymethius Well-Known Member

DankerMemes
    Veteran
    I agree with @Green_Fred. Be patient. Some of the suggestions might not be added, but who knows. Some of the others might.

14. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    I guess I just assumed that you meant maps in item frames, which are entities and could cause fps lag. But, if you mean just maps? I don't really see a problem with them, other than maybe being used to bypass the filter or mutes?

15. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Staff will move it when they feel it's been thoroughly thought of, I still want to hear what blocks could be added. As @MrKittle suggested, carpets seem to be a good addition.

16. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    i'm sorry if you think it's "impatient", but i personally think it's a bad suggestion and that it should be declined. if i want to think that then let me. i'm not trying to be impatient, i'm just trying to let others know that from my perspective it's a bad idea. i'm asking if it could be declined because i thought this post was unnecessary for someone who knows that everything he/she just listed and asked that could be added to Creative causes lag.

17. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

dinonugget14
    God
    i personally think your name is bad. :kappa:

18. CakeAndTea

CakeAndTea Member

LovingJames
    Plus
    i personally think you coming on a Suggestion to just say my name is bad is simple minded, bUt tHaT's nOnE oF mY bUsInEsS [​IMG]

19. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Keep discussion on topic please. If you don't support a suggestion just say so, don't ask for the thread to be moved to declined, that's it.

20. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Banned

Green_Fred
    Invader
    Well, you don't have to be so rude about it. Let everyone give out there thoughts and opinions, it shouldn't be denied only because you think its a bad idea. Be respectful when you respond to threads like these again. Thanks