Mk52

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by MVKay52, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auttumnnn

Auttumnnn Well-Known Member

Auttumnnn
    God
    While you seem like a nice person, I don't think you would be fit for staff on Becto quite yet.
    • Your forums activity is low. A staff member needs to know their way around the forums to answer support tickets, get to know the community, etc. Same with discord.
    • Your playtime is also low, which isn't that big of a deal. However, it does indicate that you don't know the server or the community very well.
    • The application is quite short and lacks detail. You're applying for a staff position, it's okay to show off your qualities in detail to prove that you're fit for it.
    I'm giving this application a -1, but I hope to see more activity from you in the future. :)

2. Meddi

Meddi Builder

Meddi
    Builder
    I learned more in your "about me" section than your "why are you right for the job" section. The latter should definitely be more elaborate. All that I've learned, like Peepsibabe said earlier, is that you can catch hackers. There's more to being staff than catching hackers.

3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Has not been toxic since the one incident a while back. Has been active and helpful. Needs to ggettin forum activity up but I am changing my input to NEUTRAL

4. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    I agree that catching hackers shouldn't be the only thing he can contribute to the team. However, I also believe catching cheaters is what this server is in desperate need of at the moment which happens to be one of his strengths. Even if the only thing he could do was catch hackers I believe he would still be worth having on the team.

5. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    How do we know he is competent enough to actually catch hackers? Is there any proof to back this claim as it's the only reason given in his "Why are you right for the job" section of his application? You have someone with next to no activity anywhere despite his forum account being from 2017. Just over 3 days of playtime is not good enough especially since his join date is years ago. Now you can bring up how other staff received it at a lower playtime but that's false and I'll tell you why. The staff in question did apply with low playtime but at the end of their application process they proved themselves and gained over a week of playtime, not only that but they raised their overall activity on the forums, discord basically every single Becto platform. Using a blanket statement that just isn't true in an attempt to justify another persons application is just dishonest. Realistically he's lacking the very basics to even be considered a staff member. We also have no way to judge when he even earned that 3 days of playtime was it days ago, months ago, years ago? There's just too many questions. I originally didn't plan on replying and just gave agree's but since I have my vote's a -1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  6. Dymethius

Dymethius Well-Known Member

Dymethius
    Veteran
    You go girl!

7. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Well-Known Member

Green_Fred
    Invader
    I really disagree with the discord crap I mean most of the people on there don’t even play becto at all so I don’t think he gotta waste his time knowing people on there and interacting besides posting some stuff in support. It’s nothing that should affect how he acts and what he does as a staff member. I might just end up making a thread on what I said because I really don’t like how people are -1 to people that don’t interact much on the discord yet tons of people on there barely play becto if at all

8. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I never said that discord activity was necessary to be a staff member. I'm assuming you're going off my reply on why other staff members who applied with reasonably low playtime received staff. Here is a quote of my reply which I think you're going off of -
    "The staff in question did apply with low playtime but at the end of their application process they proved themselves and gained over a week of playtime, not only that but they raised their overall activity on the forums, discord basically every single Becto platform. "

If you took a look at my original reply or just this quote I state that they gained a huge amount of activity through every single Becto platform while also gaining over a week of playtime which would correct their low playtime. Being active on multiple of Becto's platforms while raising your ingame time will obviously increase your chances to be accepted. You're showing more of yourself while also fixing the negatives to the application. This has not worked for all who have tried it but for the ones that did they put in a lot of work.

TLDR: In case you don't understand again I'll simplify. Put in the effort, show you're trying and fix your negatives aka playtime and you have a higher chance of success to be accepted. This goes for almost anything in life.

9. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Well-Known Member

Green_Fred
    Invader
    Yeah aight I went a lil off topic on that so I’m sorry but like it’s still something I wanna address with people -1 cuz of that

10. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Mk52 has gotten playtime up recently and I have seen them online for multiple hours each day. Neutral

11. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    I agree with you they should definitely test him on his ability to catch hackers like all staff should be tested on before being accepted. He's spent the majority of his time on kitpvp, so he probably knows a lot about combat and what a hacker looks like. That is what has led me to give him the benefit of the doubt. On my post I just meant if that was his only talent I would still think that he would be worth having on the staff team. You're second point makes no sense because it seems you are uninformed. He is literally doing the same thing as all of those other staff. Before +1ing this app, I've been keeping track of his playtime and from 3 days it has risen to 5 1/2 days. This is in what, 6 days? Sounds pretty active to me. I can't confirm whether this is all legit or not, although his kills/deaths count has gone up massively. I'm inclined to believe that he has been putting in a lot of effort to raise up his playtime and increase his activity.

12. TheDragonKillerz

TheDragonKillerz Well-Known Member

Pluji
    Veteran
    Playtime and Forum activity is low, but you are a very ambitious player. So I will be neutral for now! Keep it trucking for more playtime!

13. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    Thank your concern, and for elaborating!

14. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    Thanks for seeing that my play time has gone up and changing your rating.

15. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    Indeed I have! Thanks for the invested interest in my app.

16. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    -1 For reasons stated above.

17. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    Auttumnnn has basically said it all, if you become more active in the discord, and on the server I'll change my vote to a +1
    Good luck!

18. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran

19. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    From this reply it doesn't seem that you know how to use the forums quite correctly. -1

20. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    I was just trying to be polite? My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.