Mk52

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by MVKay52, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVKay52

MVKay52 Active Member

Mk52
    Opening-

Hi! My name is Marcus. I have been looking for a summer job and i love Minecraft and also this server!

How long have you been playing on Becto.net and how often are you online for?

I started playing in 2017 I think?? I forgot about Minecraft for a while and got my grades up in school but i recently got back into Minecraft and remembered this server. I am online for a good 3-4 hours on weekends and around 2 on weekdays because of school. That could definitely change if I had a position as my parents would be cool with me being a staff member

What game modes are you most active on?

I am only active on kitpvp at the moment but i know I used to play all of them!

Why are you right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?

I don't mean to undermine the work that the wonderful staff has obviously been doing on this server but I know there are a lot of hackers and I would love to be able to handle that problem as a person who has resented Minecraft at times because of hacking. I would love to be able to prevent others from feeling the same.

I know this is a video game but I understand that there are a lot of younger kids on this server and on Minecraft in general and I am looking forward to a career in education and I feel like this might be a cool opportunity to gain some experience working with younger kids!

Have you ever been banned or muted?

No, im not to sure about my younger days here but i doubt it!

A little about yourself. (Where are you from, do you study… etc.)
    I am 16 and I am from Illinois. As I said I seriously considering majoring in some form of education or communication in college. I am into basketball, drawing, and video games (specifically this one). I volunteer at an Arboretum near me teaching kids about nature during the summer and I am currently employed at a middle school hanging out with the kids in the after school day care department. I appreciate all the work that this staff does for this server and I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks for your time!

2. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

krustyborder
    God
    Neutral. Get your forum activity up please.

3. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

krustytree
    God
    -1 Your forums activity and play time are both very low.

4. Dymethius

Dymethius Well-Known Member

Dymethius
    Veteran
    You join December 2017, yet this is your first forum post. You also only have 3 days of playtime, which doesn't portion out to the time you joined Becto. So unless you took way too many breaks, or you barely get on, I'm taking it as you weren't active enough.

It's a -1 from me. Best of luck.

5. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Well-Known Member

Green_Fred
    Invader
    Nice guy, knows lots about KitPVP. I think he’d a good add +1

6. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    - The whole 'I hope it's ok with my parents' thing really is a shut down. Shows that you're not necessarily that independent.
    - Low activity on the forums.
    - Low playtime.

7. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Toxic, my guy and inactive -1

8. Starlynnn

Starlynnn Helper

Starlynnn
    Helper
    I do see you online a bit on KitPVP, but you're playtime is still low. My encounters with you have been positive so far and I don't really have a problem with you. Although, due to the lack of staffing requirements I am going to stay neutral.

9. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    You seem like a genuine guy and definitely have the personality for staff. I'm not quite sure why everyone is giving you crap about playtime and forums activity as many staff (some even admin now) were accepted with little to no playtime and no forums activity like you. I generally like KitPvp players getting staff because they (usually) know what a hacker looks like and how to catch one which is something a lot of the current staff team is lacking and is why I think you'd be a great addition. If I were staff, I would move this into pending and see if you could keep the consistent 3-4 hours on weekends and 2 hours on weekdays like you promised for about 1-2 weeks and then accept you.
    +1

10. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    activity on server, forums & discord is low. to have 3 days of playtime with barely any forum or discord activity shows me that you aren't involved enough with the community to be staff at this current time. -1

11. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Invader
    Server playtime is low
    You probably aren't active on the discord (Probably I don't know)
    You haven't taken the 52 seconds out of your time to change your profile picture on the forums
    You haven't put effort into putting your opinion out there on the forums or gotten to know the forums community
    Your application look's really short / not detailed enough (for me other's may have a different opinion)
    If this does get denied I'd say take the next 2 months to write out a solid application or whenever you think you want to "Re-apply" take your time with the next application :shrug:

Sorry If I was blatant

But good luck
    [​IMG]

12. Lurf

Lurf Helper

LOAFTHELOAF
    Helper
    You seem like a good person, but as Lucas S. said, your comment on the parents does show a lack of independence. I can tell you would love helping people on the server, but I dont believe you're ready to just yet. Your in game activity is very low which is a deal breaker for me. Becto needs active staff members. If this gets denied, I'd suggest playing the game a lot more and using the forums as a tool to get to know the community and be more up to date with things. You seem like a good person, just not fit to be a staff member yet. -1

13. MrKittle

MrKittle Active Member

Lord_Coffee
    God
    The application feels rushed and composed of bullet points. As other mentioned , low activity overall and if what others said is true that you have 3 days playtime, I begin to doubt the statement that you joined in 2017. Its a -1 from me , but theres room for improvement

14. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    Why do you doubt the statement that he joined in 2017? Lmao it literally says on his forums account "joined on December 25th, 2017." I'm assuming he just took a lot of breaks but if he's willing to come back and play as much as he says he will, based on his personality and skill I don't see why he shouldn't get staff. I believe the suggestion I made in my previous post is a great way to see whether he will be active or not.

15. MrKittle

MrKittle Active Member

Lord_Coffee
    God
    Excuse my amateur mistake. But I'm not convinced by his application that he would be a good staff member. Promises of activity dont do much for me as I let actions speak, in my point of view he should've applied onece he had a decent playtime and activiry overall. As for the "skills" and "character traits" I simply cannot judge him for that, since I never met him, thats why you have to vouch for him on that, so that the menegment will take into consideration your recomandation aswell when deciding wether he gets a position or not.

16. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    How does that make him not independent? I'm sure at least half of the staff team lives with their parents and he obviously wants to obey them. I don't understand how that conflicts with being a staff member. I'm not quite sure if you read the entire thing but he clearly said: "that could definitely change as my parents would be cool with me being staff member." Meaning he is sure that his parents would support him with the decision allowing him to put even more time into the server. Not "I hope it's ok with my parents." I'm assuming he said that because his parents would want him to get more experience working with children so they would be fine with him playing more Becto. As for your other concerns, I believe my suggestion above could definitely solve them.

17. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    I agree he should have shown some decent playtime and activity before applying. However, I don't think it makes sense to decline him and make him wait another 2 months before applying. Instead, as I said in my previous post, we should move him to pending or just leave the staff app alone for about 2 weeks and see if he has been having the playtime that he promised then go from there.

18. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    You don't have enough activity anywhere, and your application lacks detail. -1

19. MVKay52

MVKay52 Active Member

Mk52
    Thank you everyone for the criticism. My statement about my independence and play time was meant to suggest that my ability to play the game would increase if I were staff. I will try to keep active and post more and I will apply again in June. as Showy_Dudy suggested above I have taken a lot of breaks to improve in school(as I said in my application), but I plan on committing to this server and being active on the social platforms. Thanks all

20. MVKay52

MVKay52 Active Member

Mk52
    Could you specify which details you would like me to elaborate on in the future?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.