Map Art Guide

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by LordCoffee, Dec 31, 2019.

1. LordCoffee

LordCoffee Well-Known Member

Lord_Coffee
    God
    Guess who's back

Back again

Coffee's back

With a thread.

Welcome players to another abomination I call "Guide". Today I will go over the uses of maps for decoration purposes and how I make them. Let's begin shall we.

For beginners. What is a map art exactly?

Map art is a cultural movement that has it's roots in the ancient times, back when caveman used to paint hunting scenes on the walls of caves, now we're painting 2D women in Lego video-games, evolution is wonderful. Over the years map art got easier to make with the help of programs, allowing for more intricate imagery.

Minecraft maps mirror 128x128 (blocks) areas meaning that if you place blocks in a specific pattern the map is able to be turned into a picture, neat huh.

Some of the uses include:

-Posters for garages and rooms
    [​IMG]

-Road signs
    [​IMG]

-Paintings and modern art?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -Computer screensaver
    [​IMG]
    (Map made by AngelHunt1991)

-PROPAGANDA TO REPRESENT THE GREAT LEADER OF THE MOTHERLAND!!1!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry went off a tangent there. Obviously there are many more uses these are the one’s I’ve used so far, but im also planning on creating fake vents, electric panels, garage doors and god knows what else, the possibilities are endless. All pictures are taken from the Becto survival server proving it’s entirely possible to use maps to your advantage even when resources are theoretically limited ( let’s be honest we all use /shop).

[​IMG]

(Early concept of garage doors)

You may wonder how does a map look like in-game, well here it is, one of the more complicated types, this kind of map uses terrain variations to create unique shades of colors, but maps can also be made 2 dimensional to save time and … sanity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now you may say, but that’s so much work for such a small detail, and you’re right, you’re so right it actually hurts. But I enjoy little details and that’s all that matters >:( .

And on that note I will conclude my little guide on how to use the maps effectively, from small details all the way to spreading state ideals. This thread is more of a proof of concept idea rather than a guide but oh well, I thought it would be fun to share my brainstorming with others, in hope that maybe I can inspire someone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 2
    • List
  2. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Nice, I have went all over becto survival map by flying, seen that several times!

3. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    I would never have the patience to make something like this. Although, I may have to try it out sometime, as it is very unique, and would something cool to have.

4. WebPlayz

WebPlayz Well-Known Member

WebPlayz
    God
    ._. this is just op how did you do this

5. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless16_
    Veteran
    It's great tho but I can't /fly so it's almost impossible for me .-.

6. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    Lord Coffee is the legend.

7. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    this is cool af