• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Factions Make Factions Great Again

Rievous

Reactions
    My fellow Bectonians,

Factions as you know it now, was not always this way. Once, it was a proud, victorious place. Filled to the brim with server activity. A booming economy, raids and wars galore.
    But I'm afraid those days have long since passed. And I fear they may never return.

As most of you may know, Factions has been the victim of several clans of hackers, and bug abusers through out these past few seasons.
    Vile barbarians who created some of the worst exploits the server has ever seen, introducing bugs the likes no other server has seen before.

Thankfully, the heretics who introduced these exploits have long since been obliterated. Wiped from the face of Becto.

But the exploits they created still linger on to this very day.

These clans drove many players away through their exploits, and barbaric tactics against the free peoples of Becto.

I am aware that these bugs are currently being worked on, and that this current season is simply to fix bugs and other horrendous exploits that were created.

But if we are to bring Factions back to the glory days, more must be done.

Today, I have for you a list of suggestions that will help save our beloved realm.

I have interviewed many Factions players both old and new. Experienced Veterans to those who just joined.

This list has been compiled from all of their suggestions, our own included.

-Spawn: Our current spawn map is severely outdated, we have had it for many years. A brand new spawn would be widely popular, and a welcome addition to Becto's Factions. (The Koth pvp pit however, is quite literally absolute perfection. Whoever did the koth pit this season, props to you my good man.)

-Map: We have had the same custom biome for about as long as we've had the spawn. The desert wastelands of molten ash and obsidian pillars, the abandon desert rock formations, the orange, dry, and barren badlands of clay, the seemingly endless savanna of tall grass and dragon skulls, to the tropic rock formations high in the mountains.

It is a dreary sight to most players, and a death sentence for farmers seeking to plant on fertile land. A new map is what we need.

-Overall bug fixes: I know these are being worked on as I speak, so I thank you for this, as a matter of fact, a thank you from all Becto Players for this.

-Cannons: Currently, cannons do not work, we do not know why this is, but we would very much appreciate it if we could get those fixed.

-Withers: Currently, you cannot hit Withers with snowballs. Which is a key part to raiding, along with cannons. We do not know why snowballs do not impact the wither, but at the current time, they do not.

-Elytras: Elytras were once a key part to factions back in the day. From scouting missions with your faction members, to all out air raids and orbital bombardments. They were often time used to explore the world and find the perfect place to build, or search for your enemies from above.

Once we dominated the skies of Becto. Flying into battle and engaging our foes mid air was an experience that no other server can provide, even to this day.

They were removed due to a player exploiting them, an exploit that has long since been fixed. Myself and many others feel it is high time to bring our dearest Elytras back.

Some of you may disagree, stating "people could just fly out of fights". Which did happen yes, but, that's when you dawn your own elytra and pursue them. Engaging in air combat. It was truly, a remarkable experience. And I hope you all get to experience it as we have.

-Better starting gear for new players: Many newcomers feel at a massive disadvantage when it comes to other factions and players.
    They are given the absolute bare minimum, and are then expected to fend for themselves against factions which often time are loaded on store sets and weapons.

We are in need of a solution to this dilemma.

-Better commands for ranked players/donators:
    A complaint I have received from players is that there isn't much to do once they buy a rank.

Some people would be interested in more commands, name customization/colors, pets, etc.
    I was also told that a /tnt command for God ranks and Ultras would be a welcome addition.

/Tnt spawning a single lit block of tnt, with a 5 to 10 minute cooldown.

I believe this is everything, but please. If you yourselves have any suggestions leave them down below.
    We'd love to hear from you as well.

Your voice matters.

I thank you for your time today, and bid thee farewell.

Til' next we meet.

-King Rievous, King of the North

"Freedom shall never die"
    IMG_Tokyo_20200323_192406_processed.jpg

DietherisCool

Reactions
    You cant hit withers with a snowball when it's half health bc its the normal game design haha

Yaqoob9999

Helper
    Reactions
    Hey!

King i really liked these suggestions! I really would like a new map and more commands for us donators.

Thanks

ROSIE_

Mod
    ROSlE_
    ROSlE_
    MOD
    Reactions
    I like the idea of getting a new map, a new spawn, and some new custom biomes, if this is something that could be implemented. As for the player starting gear, I do believe it is pretty consistent with what most other factions servers give out, and I honestly never viewed it as much of a problem. It's not too tricky to get gear on factions, so I honestly don't think the starting gear makes much of a difference to new players. God ranks also receive TNT in their /kit god, so I don't think a /tnt command is necessary. I'm not very familiar with eletrya in factions, and I'm hesitant that adding them might negatively impact the dynamics of faction fights or raids. I'm really happy to see the effort you put into this post, and I can see that much of the factions community shares your sentiment.

Rathakir

Reactions
    I've agreed with all of these suggestions every time they've been made, as have many other players. Becto used to be a great server for factions (season 1-3). Season 4 saw a very drastic change and from then on it's been downhill. Everything has shifted to being p2w and mostly only focuses on current players, rather than making the server decent for everyone. Bugs get ignored for too long, there's little to no staff activity on factions, every season there has been issues with duping and severely unbalanced custom enchants/combat. The suggestions people make that would genuinely improve factions always get ignored and that's probably not going to change, but I hope they actually listen this time.

Last edited:

Rathakir

Reactions
    You cant hit withers with a snowball when it's half health bc its the normal game design haha
    In previous seasons you were always able to hit them with snowballs. It may be a vanilla mechanic but if that's the case, whatever they removed that altered that has hindered it severely.

Rathakir

Reactions
    I said this last season too, but the entity limit put in place also hinders newer players. Not everyone can afford spawners, or they're not lucky enough to get one from a crate. What they could have done, though, was breed animals and harvest them. Everything has shifted to be this really boring and grindy version of factions and as I said, it's not very friendly for new players in the slightest.

TwiXeD

I am a simple man, I see pit, I jump in, we fight for 1 hour. Bring back normal repair tokens.
    King said everything else.

ROSIE_

Mod
    ROSlE_
    ROSlE_
    MOD
    Reactions
    I said this last season too, but the entity limit put in place also hinders newer players. Not everyone can afford spawners, or they're not lucky enough to get one from a crate. What they could have done, though, was breed animals and harvest them. Everything has shifted to be this really boring and grindy version of factions and as I said, it's not very friendly for new players in the slightest.

Rath, I'm pretty sure the entity limit is necessary to protect against certain types of dupes. I spent the beginning of my time last season as a solo member faction, and even I was able to get my fair share of spawners from the vote crate or buy them on /ah. I do think it's possible to achieve a not super grindy version of factions on becto, there just needs to be a larger playerbase to encourage players to do so.

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    Thanks for your suggestions, we will be reworking the Factions server very soon and some things are already in progress.

With " A new map is what we need." do you mean another custom generated biome map, or a vanilla minecraft-style map?
    Cannons are a pain, but I will try my best.
    What starter kit do you recommend?

Rievous

Reactions
    Thanks for your suggestions, we will be reworking the Factions server very soon and some things are already in progress.

With " A new map is what we need." do you mean another custom generated biome map, or a vanilla minecraft-style map?
    Cannons are a pain, but I will try my best.
    What starter kit do you recommend?

Honestly, both of those map suggestions sound great. Vanilla style maps are my personal favorite, but I wouldn't mind a new custom generated biome map either. They'd both be welcome additions to Factions.

Been too long since we've had snow capped mountains, swamps, and jungles, etc.

we GREATLY appreciate the cannon support Bass, it means the world too us.

And as for starter kits? This is a suggestion from newer players who are having a really hard time getting started, they liked the idea of better armor, keys, maybe some starter spawners, small essentials like that.

Mostly they talked about armor upgrades.

On behalf of Becto, I thank you Bass.

"Freedom shall never die."
    IMG_Mosaic_20200323_192355_processed.jpg

Rathakir

Reactions
    Honestly, both of those map suggestions sound great. Vanilla style maps are my personal favorite, but I wouldn't mind a new custom generated biome map either. They'd both be welcome additions to Factions.

Been too long since we've had snow capped mountains, swamps, and jungles, etc.

we GREATLY appreciate the cannon support Bass, it means the world too us.

And as for starter kits? This is a suggestion from newer players who are having a really hard time getting started, they liked the idea of better armor, keys, maybe some starter spawners, small essentials like that.

Mostly they talked about armor upgrades.

On behalf of Becto, I thank you Bass.

"Freedom shall never die."View attachment 6827
    I think changing the default gear from iron and a stone sword would be an improvement, and buffing the rank kits. Personally, I think god kit should be p5. Currently the kits are fairly useless. They're mostly used for gathering tnt, that's about it. God kit is only good if you plan on jumping into a quick pit fight and plan on dying most of the time. I think p5 should also be the maximum prot level and I feel it should be more accessible (again, like back in season 1-3). For Ultra, you could always increase the number of gaps and stuff that the kit would give, like the current Invader -> God kit upgrade. I'd really like to see the server get back into a more balanced state and I think armor changes like this would help greatly.

Rathakir

Reactions
    Rath, I'm pretty sure the entity limit is necessary to protect against certain types of dupes. I spent the beginning of my time last season as a solo member faction, and even I was able to get my fair share of spawners from the vote crate or buy them on /ah. I do think it's possible to achieve a not super grindy version of factions on becto, there just needs to be a larger playerbase to encourage players to do so.
    It's definitely possible to do, it's just boring. If it was implemented to prevent dupes then that's a different story. And I do agree that we need a larger playerbase, however the server has been pretty boring and no one wants to sit around on a boring server.

Rievous

Reactions
    It's definitely possible to do, it's just boring. If it was implemented to prevent dupes then that's a different story. And I do agree that we need a larger playerbase, however the server has been pretty boring and no one wants to sit around on a boring server.

we need a L A R G E playerbase, like massive.