Lord_Guthix

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by guthixUll, Jul 14, 2018.

1. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    My Staff Application for Becto.net

Age, Name & POB

Hello my name is Josh short for Joshua & my IGN is Lord_Guthix. I am 20 years old turning 21 in December. Place of birth is Canada Ontario (EST).

playtime and what it looks like

I am always online everyday for more than 2 hours. Becto is my home & I will always gladly play on the server.

what is some Previous Staffing Experience you can share?

My most recent staff experience was on Becto.net I became staff in Late November & resigned due to personal issues shortly after the New year had passed in 2018; My current rank at that time was Sr.Mod. I would say fairly I did my job well & I was one of, if not the most active staff member on Becto.

My other staff experience was being a player based mod on an MMORPG, Runescape 3 ran by JAGEX Ltd. This required basic chat monitoring and restricting players who advertise spam or talk inappropriately similar to Becto. I was a player moderator on Runescape for 3 years this ranged from ages 15 to 19.

Why should I be staff, what makes me good?

Becto has been my home, I have over 11 weeks playtime, a note to mention I mostly afk'd on my alt account & when I was staff I wasn't allowed to afk on my main account anyways so I would say most of my playtime is dedicated time I have put into the game without afking.

- I do have 1 chat restriction that was placed on me for 24 hours due to the heat of the moment. I regret most of what I said & I do wish I could of proven my point in a much more mature way.

-Being staff suited me, I was 'chill' but still encouraged players to follow the rules and regulations that are enforced on Becto. I would once again lay down the law like I used to before & follow proper staff protocol.

-I am kind to players & I treat them how I would like to be treated. If players feel to troll me or disrespect me I would follow protocol as intended. I am fair whenever possible & most of all I know what I'm doing when it comes to staff.

-I have a great amount of knowledge in Survival, Kitpvp & Skyblock. My knowledge withing Factions Is limited and I would say I have a moderate understanding of Prison.

- I would say I can easily recognize multiple hacks such as Kill-Aura, b-hopping, auto-armor, anti-KB, reach, etc.

What unique traits would consider you have?

-I am wise when it comes to narrow & difficult decision making.

-I consider myself a leader & not a follower.

-I am fair, I have a creative mindset, and I believe everyone deserves to be treated fairly according to their behavior & actions.

- I can adjust my attitude towards certain types of players to suit the situation.

-I am equipped to learn quickly & adaptable to new surroundings.

Tell us about yourself

I've always been a gamer at heart I love survival and adventure themed games like Minecraft, runescape, ARK Survival evolved etc. I went to a high school in Kingston Ontario named Queen Elizabeth Coligate Vocational Institute for 5 years. I was an honor Roll student & plan to study in Biology. I would say I'm not a master in anything particular but good in most things; a jack of all trades I suppose.

A brief thank you for your time

I hope I have handled the bases I need to accomplish to make a solid and acceptable application. I really admire Becto and once again would like to express that. Thank you for your time and effort on this server to anyone reading :)!

- Kind Regards,

Lord_Guthix

#1 guthixUll, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. Nickolai

Nickolai Active Member

WesternRanger
    Invader
    From what I've seen of him, Lord_Guthix and by extension Josh, is one of the most passionate and dedicate players I've ever seen, on any game. He's kind, fair and funny, but he also knows when it's time to get serious. He would make an excellent re-addition to the Staff team.

+1

3. Toasti

Toasti Member

He all good. Very nice. Allow him to start staffing (again).

4. ItzNicx

ItzNicx Active Member

Maced
    Plus
    I think you have a great personality and a desire to help others, i believe that you overall a great person and are well suited to be staff.... well again :-P
    +1

5. Boogie

Boogie Guest

I believe Guthix is fit for Staff again. He's a very dedicated player to becto with a great mind who can stay calm in certain situations where others may not be able to stay calm, his past experience as staff proves he should be staff again. +1

6. TKRoyal232

TKRoyal232 Well-Known Member

TKRoyal
    Veteran
    Josh has been a very close friend of mine for the majority of my time on Becto. He was the one who inspired me to apply! He has all the tools needed to become a great staff member and I believe he should. +1 from me.

7. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    While everyone is doing +1 I would like to give some insight and ask a few questions. While my time as staff Josh was very helpful, very active, but he could have a bit of a temper sometimes. This is not an issue at all, however Josh with your previous mute have you learned from that? Another thing is being positive, my time spent in your gangs discord I saw a lot of bashing, and all around negative behavior toward the server and others (From the entire gang). While this might have changed, I ask if there has been a change in attitude there and an increase in being positive? I am staying neutral for right now.

**EDIT** +1 due to reply

#7 Skizzles, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. guthixUll

Lord_Guthix
    God
    I like being questioned because my time being staff and running a large gang wasn't always great at times, Mentioning this happened almost 4 months ago with all this negativity and bashing & so on has subsided I've kicked key antagonists that created and stirred up trouble even I myself have taken some time to think of my behavior within the community.
    The relationship I previously was in took a large part of my temper it wasn't healthy but that has all passed and again I have learned from it. Being muted sucked I still regret the arguing and wished it could've been handled better and more privately but it didn't and that's how it turned out. My gang on the other hand has been pruned clean and is for the most part very helpful within survival.

I do mention there will always be conflict and toxicity, and so on & that is why I feel I'm fit for staff; to deal with this kind if stuff. I treat everyone equally and my gang and the community knows that now. thank you for this question. my resurgence will be great & that's a promise if I become staff once again :)

9. Lisa Hunt

Lisa Hunt Well-Known Member

AngelHunt1991
    Ultra
    I've never left input on becto before so I'm new to this, O:) So I would like to say I remember Josh being staff and in my opinion he helped a lot of people, he was always active and was always there when people needed him. I honestly believe Josh would make a great addition to staff. From what I have seen survival hasn't been the same. There's been a lot of toxic people and I know staff is busy but there's no need for toxic people in becto, no?. I do think Josh puts his foot down when it comes to the rules, I'm not saying some staff doesn't enforce rules, I'm saying that becto need more staff. Lol sorry being honest here since I play survival ALOT. And lately I don't really want to be on since it just seems like there's a lot of drama, it aggravating you know. So yes Josh being staff I believe would make a impact on the toxic and bad things that are slipping through the cracks. Thanks for listening. <3Becto #Lord_GuthixForStaff
    O:)(y)
    -Angel:XD:

10. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    No Comment Really ;-; Neutral

11. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Changed to +1 good response and goodluck m8

12. somerandy

somerandy Active Member

You have a few errors and a few things I wouldn't personally include in my application. Parts of your application seem a bit informal as well.

From the times I've seen you in-game, I would consider you a hot-headed person. Although I haven't seen you in-game recently, I can't say that you still act the same.

I'll remain neutral, Good luck.

13. Venerg

Venerg Well-Known Member

Venerg
    God
    I always found Guthix/Josh a active and friendly player and I believe he would be able to dedicate his time and experience to the server once again +1.

14. guthixUll

Lord_Guthix
    God
    Hey somerandy, I like to be myself & I suppose you could consider that a downfall when it comes to formality.
    but as I mentioned on my application I'm a very chill person when it comes down to it. I have had a temper in the past which I do work on a daily bases to the point where I am today & that is why I am reapplying :) I feel I'm ready to continue as staff.

I would like to mention if you're going to give constructive criticism you kindly include some examples so I could possibly learn in the future what I managed to get wrong. You mentioned I had a few errors in my application what are they :)?

I hope you reconsider a decision because I know I am fit for Becto staff as I was before! If you want to keep tabs on me and how my in game attitude is you could always join survival, that's where I spend most of my time :)!

thanks for the reply in all due respect

- Guthix

15. Anoppe

Anoppe Well-Known Member

anoppe
    Invader
    pretty cool guy +1

16. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    over the time in between you resting and now I have noticed your maturity and actions have improved even more, good luck guthiccc it’s a +1 from ya girl

17. VulpinNoctem

VulpinNoctem Well-Known Member

VulpinNoctem
    God
    10/10 would accept as staff infinitely many times.
    +1

18. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

reprisql
    God
    To players giving feedback on application, please keep to the following rules:
    • Do not post 'good luck!', if you don't have anything to add, please don't reply

19. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    I'm leaving feedback of idek what to say for other players to see my response for a reason. Even if you dont day something you're saying something. People may see a neutral and listen to the public opinion. Peer pressure is a heavy weight in today's society. I'm allowed to post this. Its giving information, even though I didnt say anything. Maybe it's just me m, but un every conversation I'm trying to figure out the secret meanings of what people are actually saying...

20. guthixUll

Lord_Guthix
    God
    you mentioned you had no comment so it wasnt necessary to leave one at all. if you want to listen to the public listen, there is no need to post a comment where theres no value or opinion this doesnt help anyone determine if im suited for staff or not. please keep my application in relation to what its for. thanks
    - guthix