Global Let us say Hack in chat

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Nestastic, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Nestastic

Nestastic Well-Known Member

diversely
    God
    The filter will not allow players to say the word hack in chat. If you attempt to say any sentence that has the word "hack" in it, then the filter will not allow you to send the message.

This is annoying because a lot of the time players joke around either saying they hack, or their friends hack. What makes this even more annoying is that you can go back and edit your message, however the filter won't let you send the message if you replace the word "hack" with something else. This is because the filter doesn't let you send similar messages twice, even though you couldn't send the original message in the first place.

The word "hack" is harmless, and is often thrown around and used as a joke. I believe that this word should not be filtered out. Even if the word is used to accuse people of hacking, the accusers can easily go back and edit their message to send it. Bypassing the word "hack" has no consequences, and is not against the rules. This leaves me wondering why the word was filtered out in the first place, considering it's not even punishable to bypass.

2. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    Staff can see filtered messages, if you say "_ is hacking" in game we will be able to see the report without needing to be messaged, especially since messages don't always work in vanish. It's useful to communicate with all staff online for a report like that.

It was filtered originally because hackusations can become toxic and/or lead to toxicity.

I wouldn't really mind it staying filtered as it's helpful for staff, but I can see the want for it not to be filtered. Let me know what you (the reader/person replying) think.

3. Nestastic

Nestastic Well-Known Member

diversely
    God
    As I've mentioned before, filtering this word doesn't prevent toxicity. Players can easily bypass the filter by saying "hax/hac/etc". Just thought it would be better to remove the filter as it doesn't prevent toxicity, and it's annoying to deal with if you're trying to joke around with friends. Maybe if bypassing the filter to say "hax" was punishable, I can see why this filter has a purpose. I do not believe that this word should be punishable, and I do not think it should be filtered either.

4. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    It's probably the #1 most bypassed word. I still to this date have yet to see anyone get a warning or punishment for bypassing the filter over the word "hack". If it's clearly okay to bypass the filter with the word then it shouldn't be in the filter at all.

5. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Hax, hucker, haxer, [email protected], [email protected]
    +1, the above is kind of ridiculous, but i can see how it is helpful for a staff member. Maybe a /report [ign] with a cooldown of 15ish minutes or so would also be nice.

6. hackerboy123

hackerboy123 Active Member

Hackerboy123
    Veteran
    It would be great if the word Hack can be in filtered because my name has the work hack and I can’t name things in public chat I have to name things in direct msg or PMs and people always try to say my name and keep telling me to change it when I don’t want to so it would be a good idea to in filter the word hack or hacker