Laurensweet79

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Laurensweet79, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Laurensweet79

Laurensweet79 Member

Laurensweet79
    VIP
    Staff Application - Laurensweet79

How long you have been playing on Becto.net?
    I have recently found this server and have been online for hours at a time for a few days now, however my in game time is about 17 hours I believe. I recognize the disadvantage this puts my application at. However, I have been playing Minecraft since Alpha and have been an admin on 4 other servers prior to this one which has allowed me to garner a lot of experience from an administrative standpoint. In addition, I am not an admin on any other server currently, meaning my time will not be taken away from tasks on Becto should I be chosen to become a staff member.
    How often you are online for?
    I much prefer to play at night and early morning hours, from 8-2 AM mostly. I think this will be a valuable attribute to my application because many people from different time zones will be active at different times. Having a staff member active late at night will ensure that there will be staff presence at all times whenever it is necessary. However, I have used discord on other servers and have been called on to handle situations in the past, so my play time is flexible for the most part.
    What game modes you are most active on?
    My personal preference is survival. I have been on skyblock before and have tried different game modes on other servers however survival is more like home for me after almost 10 years of playing it! I am more than willing to learn the other game modes should there be a need for a staff member in other parts of the server, however I have already read through the rules for all game modes when I joined the server originally.
    Why you are right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?
    I believe that my experience in the game as well as my administrative experience from other servers would be very beneficial for the team. In addition, I work as a Resident Advisor in a college dorm and I am trained in mediation skills, among other valuable skills, in order to quickly and calmly solve disputes between students. I believe that my maturity and objective perspective will greatly benefit the server and will make me a good fit as a staff member on Becto.
    Have you ever been banned or muted?
    In all my 10 years playing Minecraft I have never been banned or muted. I have never been one to cause an issue that would merit such a response.
    A little about yourself (Where are you from, do you study... etc.):
    My name is Lauren, I am a 21 year old college senior that will graduate this coming May with a Bachelors of Science in Biology as well as with a psychology minor. I aam from the USA, hailing from NY. To be completely honest I do not know what else to put into this section!

Thank you for reading through and considering my application!

2. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Helper

schottler3
    Helper
    17 hours of playtime is no where near close enough to the amount of time required to understand the server and its community. -1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Laurensweet79

Laurensweet79 Member

Laurensweet79
    VIP
    I completely understand your rationale, thank you for looking at my application!

4. Boneknapper

Boneknapper Helper

VenomMayCherie
    Helper
    • List
  5. Laurensweet79

Laurensweet79 Member

Laurensweet79
    VIP
    I am sorry it posed an issue, is there a way I can remedy this issue for the future? And yes, I know my lack of playtime is a concern. Thank you for reading my application!

6. Boneknapper

Boneknapper Helper

VenomMayCherie
    Helper
    I would say work on your play time, while also getting abit for familiar with the forums, discord, and the server. If your can do this while you are waiting 2 months to apply again I know you'll get it once your 2 month wait has ended. Just don't lose faith. :)

• List
  7. Laurensweet79

Laurensweet79 Member

Laurensweet79
    VIP
    Thank you very much! Have a great night!! :)

8. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    The application looks good, my only concern is your playtime. Like Cherie said, if you increase you in-game time, get to know the discord and forums better, I'm sure you can get become a Staff member in two months. Its nice to see a survival player applying :-D I'm a survival player myself
    -1 due to gameplay and lack of forum knowledge

9. Laurensweet79

Laurensweet79 Member

Laurensweet79
    VIP
  10. Flavourful

Flavourful Well-Known Member

flav0urful
    God
    -1 just for playtime, sorry. love the signature though :_)

11. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Veteran
    I mean common sense who applues with 17 hrs of playtime. -1 Short,under 72 hours of playtime,

12. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Your low playtime severely hinders you, 17 hours is not enough time to properly know even 1 server and it's community. As staff you are required to moderate all of Becto's servers and this requires knowing every servers rules. At this time you are unable to properly staff even a third of the servers. -1 from me.

13. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidden_Hawkins
    God
    Yep -1

14. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    VIP
    Playtime is way too low to apply for staff, increase this and get to know the server better before applying again. -1

15. Laminae

Laminae Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    You seem like you would be a good asset in the future, however for now, -1.

16. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

Fleenstone
    God
    Well written application, I could tell you put time in. I’m only doing -1 because of your playtime. If this gets denied, I’m hoping you will get your playtime up and reapply when that happens!

17. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    Your application is a bit short but it is well written. Play time is a big problem though, as you have now seen. -1 For now, but I think you could make a good staff member in the future.

18. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Active Member

Pigasaur
    God
    All the reasons above -1

19. sonoma

sonoma Well-Known Member

CEOPanda
    God
    + 1 Insane Swimmer

20. Boogie

Boogie Admin

_Boogie
    Admin
    I pretty much already agree with everything above. If this gets denied I hope to see you reapply when you get more familiar with the community. -1