KitPVP Last Man Standing

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by w0lves, Jun 4, 2019.

1. w0lves

w0lves Active Member

stund
    Raider
    I think right before kitpvp resets, like maybe a day or 2, there should be a sort of last man standing event. I don't know if they did this last map but I think it would be really cool and entertaining if they did one this map. Basically, once they allowed the event to start, there would be no more safezones. PvP would be enabled everywhere. Teaming would still be allowed and everything that goes on kitpvp would stay the same, except when you die, you get whitelisted or banned until the reset happens. I also think that letting the world be griefable would be pretty cool, but I really don't know if that would be a good idea or not. I would like to hear from other people and see what they think of this.
    -thanks, w0lves

2. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    What would the point be?

A reward?

Bragging rights?

Just wondering what you had in mind as far as what the point of the event would be.

Also, is there a way to whitelist people for ONLY kitpvp, because it wouldn’t work it people aren’t allowed to play on the server in general after they die.

Sounds like a fun idea tho.

3. w0lves

w0lves Active Member

stund
    Raider
    I haven't really thought about what the person would win. I think it could be anything from a title for the next kitpvp map like [LMS] or a store voucher card. As for the whitelisting problem, They could make another room where you get tped if you die and you would just be stuck in there until the reset, like a spectator room.

4. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    Like factions, you will probably get a coupon for the store. Whitelisting specific gamemodes is definitely possible, but I don't think it should be done and, instead, just put people into spectator mode to watch the rest of the fight.

As the map is quite large and there are many places to hide, I think there should be an arena for this event. It does not make sense to enable griefing since no one has tools, we should be concentrating people in an arena to fight and not enable them to escape the map and avoid the fighting altogether.

I'm not sure if this will work or be very fair. If people team up I think the largest team would win easily, as having more players against others is definitely advantageous in KitPvP as people die a lot quicker. We do not have overpowered armour like factions does, and the whole event would be quite quick. I don't think teaming should be allowed, which is difficult to enforce as scenarios can easily be misinterpreted. Instead, I think a gang versus gang or 1 versus 1 tournament would be more appropriate, removing players who lose, and moving the survivors up. Eventually, it will be two final gangs or players against each other which is a lot more appropriate for KitPvP in my opinion.

5. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Sounds like a lot of work for a server that doesn't reset often.

6. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    Yeah as I ready @Cloudy response, I was thinking the same thing as boopaloop.

I would rather them release the update earlier than take more time to reset because of this event... it’s a good idea but it’s gonna take too long and something’s bound to go wrong.

Anyway, the fact that there’s real money involved is just going to be toxic. People are going to get mad and complain and a lot of new players won’t even have the chance to win. I don’t like it when people complain about not having good stuff in kitpvp because other people have better stuff, but, in this case there’s no point in new players even trying to compete.

TLDR:

The effort it will take isn’t worth the toxicity it will produce. People will get mad and it’s not worth one person getting in-store credit. Good idea for factions, but it won’t work in kitpvp even though it would be cool.

7. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    That's why I think we need monthly tournaments for either this season or the next one, it would definitely be worth the work as it will entice a lot more people to play competitively and against each other.

Besides, I don't remember much or any toxicity from Factions when Jetpuffed won two times in a row, everyone was pretty happy and fine with the result despite it being harder for new players to obtain equivalent gear.

8. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    You're wrong with people not being salty with purges take season 4's for example. It was extremely toxic everyone was foaming at the mouth because of blindness. It was terrible I think I could see about 5% of the time during that purge. Also knock back was just dumb for it, didn't really make it a fight just people spamming with their knockback 2 sword so you'd go out of bounds and take heavy damage/die, and if you had enough people on you doing that it was impossible to get back into the safe zone. Let's not forget the next purge season 5's where you had someone who is currently permanently banned and was still at this time use an alt account and hack like crazy during it single handily ruining the purge for almost everyone since he went unchecked for too long, it was honestly a joke.

So to your point it was toxic and has been for factions, making it a monthly thing on kitpvp is just a lot of work and will just be a waste of time as it makes the game more toxic, and there will be several people ruining it with hacks more so on this gamemode where it's plagued with at least one every day. You've got to be stupid to add in something that will add toxicity on a monthly basis as after a tournament that toxicity stays for a very long time.

9. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    Don't really play factions so I wasn't sure.

Cheaters would be a lot more noticeable because tournaments are controlled fights. Staff would be spectating to watch both teams or players to see if either of them cheat. If properly managed, the toxicity from it would be reasonable, and could be improved if we gave second and third placements rewards. KitPvP is very boring at the moment, because no one is fighting each other. We need whatever competition that many occur in the tournaments to carry on in the normal arena so as people start fighting each other more. I talked about this in my post on the suggestions thread: https://becto.net/threads/kitpvp-reset-suggestions.4570/page-7#post-40361

10. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    not a good idea
    the gear u can have on kitpvp is very unbalanced
    a p2w could easily win this with just alot of gaps and store sets

so its not really a fair event for everyone.

11. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    People can make better sets than that on the store. We could always put people into equal kits with no god apples or custom enchants.

12. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    We can look at season 5 as I mentioned 1 hacker went unchecked with a ton of staff on for the purge, so expecting a monthly event to be properly managed where more players are likely using cheats is just wishful thinking. As far as the toxicity you will always have that in a competitive environment and seeing as kitpvp is single handily the most toxic server it will obviously be worse. Players will always be salty over losing to whoever and it will cause a massive amount of trouble or toxicity and that's the absolute last thing we need for kitpvp. I understand that people aren't fighting each other as much as they have in the past but a simple revamp and reset to kitpvp will solve all that for several months to a year or possibly years. The simple problem that kitpvp or any server that Becto hasn't updated being void of players and content is simply because players are bored of it. It isn't just an issue for kitpvp but all servers that haven't been updated, look at prison for example. Then you can also look at survival with it's new revamp and the change from before and after as far as player activity.

13. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    basically EOTW

14. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    more like a few /rg commands

15. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned