Kurrency

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Wavery, Oct 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wavery

Wavery Active Member

Kurrency
    God
    Intro
    So as many of you may know, this is my second application. Hello to everyone who has known me, and everyone that I am sure will get to know me. My old IGN's on the server include theEmeraldmage, Wavery, Feyr, and now finally settling on Kurrency. So I'm back, and here goes nothing.

How long have you been playing on Becto.net?
    I started playing Becto during the end of July 2019 and fell in love. Summer was a couple days away from entering its final month and my friends and I were looking for a Skyblock server to play. I checked server lists and found Becto, not too large, player shops, and a good economy lead us to start there. One day I was bored and hopped on Factions, a game mode I was addicted to when I was a younger MC player in 2011-12. This little adventure into Factions led me to ditch all my friends on Skyblock for Factions. Since my join date of approximately July 29th, I have amassed almost 3 weeks of play time. I am incredibly passionate about the server and have enjoyed interacting with all of the communities...minus Prison, as I only really go there to talk to some friends I have made and surf around.
    Screenshot of /Level and the info:
    [​IMG]
    How often are you online?
    Because of the love I have for the server, I have made Becto part of my every day schedule. I am usually on for an hour in the morning from 7 to 8 am (North American Central Time Zone) as well as after I come home from school, around 3-4 hours, from 4-8pm. On weekends however it is almost certain I will be on 5-6 hours a day, and possibly more. I pull the occasional all-nighter. I have been active with the forums in the past month and even when I am not online, I always have my Discord notifications on! I feel as though I have a very consistent play time, as well as I am usually on when no other staff is present, especially the mornings.

What game modes are you most active on?
    I can not lie that I am a Factions main at heart, I also play survival a lot because sometimes the Factions grind as well as the community can be...overwhelming. I occasionally hop on Skyblock with one of my close irl friends, he is thinking of quitting however so if anyone sees this, I am a Skyblock free-agent! Once I get settled into my school year, I will be attempting to build on Creative, I was on a build team for 2 full years and love designing magical and mystical, wizard-esque creations.

Why are you right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?
    I believe I am right for the job based on how much I have grown to care about the server, its community, and more importantly, its future. I have had experience staffing on another server, albeit little experience considering I was a builder. I work as a caregiver at a nursing home. Through this opportunity I feel as though I have matured and learned valuable skills in assisting others and mitigating issues.

I can really contribute with the little knowledge I already posses. I have played Minecraft since the end of 2011 and have seen how clients have developed. This may seem quite trivial but I really believe I can pinpoint someone who is hacking from someone who is just a legend at PvP. I have been around X-ray and free-camming since the day I started playing factions for the first time way back in 2014 and are also easily recognizable.

Next, I believe I can set an example. I believe I have a decent outreach in the community and I am ready to take that next step and actually lead. Being a leader, especially on a Minecraft server, is not about being friends with everyone, but rather, commanding respect. Enforcing the rules and listening to the community is what I really hope to accomplish on a daily basis. In my eyes I can be the person for Becto, and the staff team, that is essentially your spirit, and your Swiss army knife.

I know that I will get flack for only being on the server for around 4 months, as well as some may bring up situations around my previous staff application that I am certainly not proud of. I believe in the time since my last application I have not only matured as a player but as a person, and I am ready to further that through becoming part of the staff team. The whole reason I chose to, again, take on the challenge of applying for the Becto staff team is to make a difference, however small it may be. I really love this place and I want it to grow and withstand the test of time.

So, this is for everyone! I really would love to talk to everyone involved in the community and build a relationship with them. So if I haven't already met you, feel free to approach me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord. I am serious about this, and I have, and will continue to try my best.

Have you ever received any restrictions? Ban or mute?
    I have never received any restriction and I try to be as active as I can in the support channel when I see something that should be addressed.

About me!
    Hey everyone! My name is Bryn Østby and I will be turning 18 in March of 2020. In real life I am currently in the process of being accepted into Georgetown University. As well as, going through the progressions of getting an acceptance letter from 9 other Universities around the United States. I plan to study political science and law after next year and continue on my journey to become a lobbyist. I live in the Heartland of the United States, MAD town, Madison Wisconsin. I play 3 varsity sports including Soccer, Swimming and Golf, But I am most involved in Golf, it's my true passion. In the Winters I travel with friends and family to different places around the world to downhill ski. You can check out the pictures on my Instagram, ask me any time. I am a very open person and would love to continue expanding my connections with others inside of Becto. Just hit me up in game when you see me. I am sure you will.
    Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed,

-Wave
    P.S. Feedback highly encouraged, love you guys. :-D

2. Allehsaur

Allehsaur Well-Known Member

Allegg
    God
    Firstly, if you compare this app to your last, without even going into all the promotion you did for the last, you can see that this is basically just a rewording of it. That's not necessarily a bad thing except when it's basically just the same app months later just reworded to make it seem more detailed this time.

If you look at the promotion you did last time, while you may have not did that this time (from what I know), from our conversation about it only a few weeks ago you don't seem to understand that it was the wrong way to go about applying. I don't have any screens from it as it didn't cross my mind to but you seemed refuse to see it from another point of view and still disagree with what others think of how you handled it. You also bad mouthed feli and dym in this conversation then tried to go back on what you say and asked for proof of you doing such (from this conversation and from after your first app.) You'll most likely try to twist what I said from the conversation (as this is what you tried to do during it) and this around to try to prove your point but I'm just stating my point of view.

Now if you look at how you handled yourself after the situation you can see you were immature before the app (the promoting) and after denial (trashing staff and the server) which we also talked about and you didn't seem to understand how people see that as immature. You also said during our conversation how becto is a dead server and how staff aren't doing anything to help it. That may be a little different from how you phrased it but that's the gist of what I understood so not 100 percent on this one. One situation I saw happen multiple times is when you would trash or almost harass dym. I think this happened because he got accepted around the time you got denied. I saw you (and others who supported you in your last app) would say something rude towards him most of the times he hopped on factions and say something snarky when he would leave. I also saw one time you followed him to kit after he left facs to keep saying things to him. Other people will most likely go into the immaturity more so I won't as I don't have many screens, except for one example I do have a screen of which is you bad mouthing dell (QuiteShallow) which happened only a month ago. https://imgur.com/a/zP6HOpr

Another situation I think is worth mentioning is you had an item you assumed was a glitched item that you shouldn't have had. From what I gathered on this you kept it in your inventory so admins wouldn't take it as you thought it was a glitched item players shouldn't have. You then died with it and when someone else was selling it on ah you tried to report it. This is a problem because if you yourself won't report an item because you think it gives you an advantage you aren't fit for staff in my opinion. Here's some screens from that https://imgur.com/a/GV9wIbK I'm open to see what you say about this situation though.

Overall -1 I don't think you're ready or mature enough to handle being staff. You don't seem to understand the goal of helping players and the server, not representing players as you put it. You don't seem to handle yourself well with criticism which doesn't bode well for you being staff as they face a lot of trashing and criticism (such as what you did towards them.) It'll be nice to see what you have to say and also see how it differs from the way you talked during our conversation.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Post Great Post x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Helper
    I dont feel like writing much so ill only point out a few of the more important points.

Firstly, your playtime. Since your last application is august, you were only able to get another week and a bit of playtime. This shows that are you not really active, and not active enough to moderate the server.

Secondly, I do not think you have learned from your mistakes from your last application. What you did is very immature, and not acceptable at all. It was not something insignificant and definitely showed us who really are as a person.

I dont think you should apply for quite sometime.

4. Wavery

Wavery Active Member

Kurrency
    God
    I will respond to you first Alleh. The conversation we had prior was barely a conversation. Merely me saying what I did to achieve my position as builder on Mythcraft for so long was to promote myself. I thought that would work here as well, I of course, was very wrong about that. Thus, I believe I have conducted myself in such a way over the past 2 months that merits the qualities a staff member should have.

Second, that is a very unfortunate screenshot, and to have anything to say for myself would sound like excuses. I was truly fed up with the lack of response I received from QuiteShallow regarding our discord messages, not believing they stayed on topic, as well as ending with never responding to a message I sent. I believe with any shred of integrity I may have left in your eyes that these comments are upheld by only my passion for the community I want to help so much. Through my time on Becto I have wanted nothing more than to help the community which I have engrossed myself so deeply inside of. however, controversy has surrounded me and I find that very unfortunate. Nonetheless, with the position I am in now, I want to continue to be a community leader.

Lastly, Alleh, this item was entirely a flex. Yes the enchant was removed, it also doesn't work. But Factions is like the wild west, and if you have something people want, ideally something rare or one of a kind, it is worth a lot. I pride myself on making the most money I can on Factions and have pushed to implement a ./bal command, although I know that will not be implemented for other reasons. Illegal item is much more appealing than broken item, and lying, however you may view that, is part of the game mode I cherish so much.

Finally, I wish above all else you could be apart of the community we have created within ourselves as Breakfast over all of the Becto servers (again excluding Prison, but we are looking to expand). We have knit together more than a group of friends and tried to help out in any ways we can. I know the incident with Kollector is why you may view us, and maybe even me, in a bad light, but I assure you he was not entirely endorsed, nor right in his decision making.

I just want to be someone people can relate to, and look to for guidance on Becto, I believe a staff position is the most logical next step. However you frame the passion I have for the community to be revived, thrive, and be strong on Becto, I would like to say that above all else, all controversy that may surround me stems from that passion. I truly enjoy playing here and believe that I am the right person for the position.

Thank you for the criticism, and I will attempt to make the changes necessary to become a better member inside of the Becto community.

5. Allehsaur

Allehsaur Well-Known Member

Allegg
    God
    You're right the conversation was barely one but not the way you describe it. The conversation turned more into an argument as you tried to twist what I said around to fit your narrative and kept repeating your same points over instead of trying to discuss what you did wrong which is all I was interested in doing. You also threw a few insults I would say during this conversation/argument towards me which is what prompted me ending the discussion rudely. This was not just you stating how you applied on another server (even though we did talk about that during the conversation) it was you not seeing that staff is not a campaign among other things. You also don't address this in your response or address the bad mouthing you did to staff members (other than dell).

Again, as I said above, nothing addressing how you treated feli or dym during this. Your "passion for the community" as you put it means nothing when you're seen treating the existing staff this way. Talking bad behind staff's back is one thing (as most players who have problems with a staff member tend to do that) but you went out of your way to treat them disrespectfully in public. Controversy surrounded you because of your actions and the way you try to dismiss that isn't shocking.

This section makes no sense to me. You did not want admins to take it because you viewed it as a glitched item. The person who killed you might have been "flexing" it but you were not. You reported him because in your eyes it was a glitched item that should be removed yet when you had it you didn't report it. Your sentence about /bal has no part here and means nothing to me. Nothing was about you lying so that also means nothing. The problem is not that you had it or that I think it should be removed or whatever you were trying to make this out to be because I really don't understand what this section is. The problem is that in the screenshots provided you had this item, you thought it was glitched so you were "hiding" it so admins wouldn't take it, someone got it when you died and /ah'd it, and you reported it because of what you thought. Again if you would not report an item that you personally have but will report someone who got it from you, you do not show signs of a good staff member.

This has no reason to be in your response. All you're doing is making yourself seem defensive and push the blame onto someone else. Our factions have nothing to do with your actions and your application. Additionally, even though this has no part in your application, the way I view you and your faction is solely dependent on you and your factions actions with how you treated my members. My response to your application has nothing to do with how I see you or your faction, it is completely about you and how you acted (and still act) as this is an application for you. My response has nothing to do with me disliking you or your faction, it is about seeing someone who I think (from personal experience with that person) is not ready and has not grown from their last downfall. I'd also like to add this section just shows (at least in my view) that you are still treating this as a campaign.

Having a passion for becto and wanting to help out the community/server by staffing is fine. Trashing the existing staff and the server is not. You can not be on both ends of the spectrum. If you truly believe in helping becto and had the right intentions for being staff, you should not be bad mouthing the server by saying it is dead (among the others situations I've pointed out). You do not show signs of truly wanting to help, you only show signs of wanting to be in a position of power.

Again staffing is not a campaign, many people have told you this from your last app to the times in between that and this one. You still treat it as one from the way you talk about it and the way you talk about the "community" you're grown. Having a community of friends and players is a great thing, but it is wrong to try to use them as an advantage in staffing. Being a well known player is a good thing for an upcoming staff member to be, I think it is disingenuous to brag about it basically when you're applying. All it makes me think is that you're using them as a pawn in your staffing campaign. The way you replied is different than our conversation/argument which is a nice thing to see, except when there are a few points where at least I can see it getting to you. Lastly, again it is not about whether I like you or not, it is about the actions you've done and how you haven't shown any true signs of change. I don't just reply with -1 on people I dislike, I reply on those who I have had experiences with that show they do not fit for staff. If I was making a -1 solely for the reason of disliking you, then it would be disingenuous and staff would (and should) disregard it, just as I told you the +1's in your last app mostly were.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  6. hackerboy123

hackerboy123 Well-Known Member

Hackerman12301
    Invader

First, i want to say your play time and yes I shouldn’t be talking about play time because I’m not on that much. Therefore that was one of the reasons why my staff application got denied. And I want to send you good luck of getting into a university and I hope you get accepted but if you do get accepted you will be focusing on more in university than being staff In becto. Second, you mentioned that you played factions a lot or mostly because you are in the top faction, as well u play survival and skyblock but prison, kitpvp are left out and most problems are in kitpvp because of people using unfair advantages against other players. And you should’ve put your discord name so staff can contact you but someone replied to you that gave a screen shot of something you did with staff. Well that’s all from me and I hope this at least gave you a little bit Of a think and again good luck.

7. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan Well-Known Member

QuiteShallow
    Invader
    I see that the other concerns regarding your application have been brough up by others, but I want to mainly address that screenshot and our discord direct messages. I would like to think I stayed on topic regarding our conversation as I answered every question you had as well as told you where I got my information from. I was also lenient and said I won't hold the campaigning against you as it was not specified in the rules at the time. The reason I did not respond to your last message was that there was no reason to respond to it, I got the message I wanted to across and you said you understood what I said, therefore, I believed the conversation was over.

I won't send our Discord chats here as I respect the privacy of others. Regardless of how our conversation in direct messages went you still had ample opportunity to message me and tell me you still wanted to continue the discussion, you were not blocked and nothing stopped you. You can say that the screenshot is a testament to the ambition and love you have to Becto and its community but I see it as sheer immaturity, there is a quote that goes "Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% how you react to it" now applying that quote to the situation the correct action was to put aside your frustration and anger and speak to me directly not lashing out and ruining your public image especially if you plan on applying for a staff position again.

I'll say it again if you have any questions regarding anything feel free to dm me on discord @ QuiteShallow#6801

8. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless16_
    Veteran
    First hi and I am happy u are still trying to improve and be helpful but ... I read ur last application and here is the link for the lazy people https://becto.net/threads/wavery.5758/

1. I didn't see a big progress in your play time that is still considered as '' low '' because u just added like 1 week and I don't think that's enough especially it was in summer
    2. Your application was pretty long and contains some details that's are not that important
    3. The last point is that its looking like u were waiting for the 2 months to end and reapply again and u didn't focus on the mains other points .. because as u started playing in 2019 u are still new in the server and I am not sure if u got enough experience for that ...
    Sry but I will say -1
    Last thing I wanna say .. just take your time... Don't give up even ur application was declined just reapply again when you rly feel u are ready .. I'll be the first one to encourage you then ... Good luck anyway

9. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless16_
    Veteran
    I didnt understand what u mean with just '' good luck '' lol

10. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Helper
    Hes saying good luck to the applicant? Not hard to understand

11. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless16_
    Veteran
    Lol I mean just like people always giving critics or something like that here seeing that was pretty weird for me

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Knowing who is hacking and who isn't is not a very hard thing to understand, and I believe you don't have enough playtime. I rarely see you somewhere other than factions, and yet I rarely see you there, even though I have been on it at all different times, since b4 you came to becto. Will give you a neutral, you got things to work on, and I believe you could be a legitimate candidate some day.

13. RON8810

RON8810 Well-Known Member

RON8810
    Veteran
    Just saying good luck to the application

14. DietherisCool

DietherisCool Well-Known Member

First of all, you're a good guy fit for staff but 2 weeks of playtime can't give you the info of the server. You're only seen in factions and sometimes in kitpvp, but we could use some staff on other game modes too, and from chat discussion that we had spoken for itself that you are immature for this. -1 Gl!

15. MildSawss

MildSawss Mod

MildSawss
    Mod
    Next time, make sure you give a reasoning and not just "good luck" please. Its in our rating applicants rules. (: We appreciate the time you take to review them but remember to stick to the guidelines!

16. RON8810

RON8810 Well-Known Member

RON8810
    Veteran
    okay

17. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan Well-Known Member

QuiteShallow
    Invader
    Hey Wavery,

Unfortunately due to the following reasons, I will be declining this staff application:
    - The immaturity you displayed publically.
    - The hypocrisy that was pointed out by @Allehsaur
    - Immaturity and Toxicity in general
    - Things we discussed regarding your past application (we can discuss this privately)

Nonetheless, thank you for taking the time to apply.
    Feel free to re-apply in two months time.

If you have any questions feel free to dm me on discord at QuiteShallow#6801

Application Declined

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.