KitPVP Kitpvp Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BenniBoy22, Sep 27, 2019.

1. BenniBoy22

BenniBoy22 Well-Known Member

BenniBeans
    God
    Hi. This may have been done before, I have spent some time looking to see if there is another thread and I cannot find one.This post is here to allow players and gamers to give off their ideas of the new kitpvp reset. Going forward, this may also help the staff team and builders decide what needs to be done. This post may seem very directed at the staff team but they are the only section of people that can do anything about this problem. So here we go.

I appreciate that the staff team work hard on the server but I think a reset like this needs to be one of their priorities. Previously, the staff team have hyped the server up about a kitpvp reset. Where is it?! Hyping the reset up just to keep players here is the wrong idea. The reset needs to come soon. The staff team keep saying "soon" or "in a while" but everyone has lost hope for it to come soon. I spoke to one of the staff members and they said they weren't involved in the resets. But why are they not involved in the resets if they are the main source of information for the members of this server? I am not blaming it all on staff but why is nothing changing?

Being told a reset is coming and not seeing any change in many weeks is frustrating for a lot of people. This is even more frustrating for the players who have been here for a long time. They have been here a long time and suddenly get told about a reset. This leading them to wanting it, but... nothing happens.

I understand that a reset of one of the 6 servers is hard. But, maybe give the kitpvp player base what they would like to see. That may be easier said than done. Even just a video with a tour round the map and sneak peak of dates would hype everyone up. Everyone wants to know WHEN. Going back to my previous idea of a video, this can also give the staff team and builders an advantage because they can gain feedback of the map before it is fully released. Therefore, being able to change things before the map is released.

A lot of people have simply lost hope in a reset coming. Everyone carries on doing their day to day pvp. The topic of a reset comes up in chat at least once a day. A reset of kitpvp will bring new and old players back to Becto. Surely that's what all staff would like?

Recently the number of players in game have dropped dramatically. Having a reset would boost these numbers which then follows onto my next point which is there will be more sales of rank etc. With more players comes more hackers. Therefore staff need to be on top game.

I would highly encourage anyone to put down below any ideas, thoughts or views on the kitpvp reset.

Any questions or problems, catch me on discord : BenniBeans#4414

2. 4zw

4zw Active Member

Rektah
    Raider
    You guys aren't pushing updates or even doing anything.
    Why tf volunteer for staff if you wont even do anything
    This server is dying and will if nothing changes
    And you guys will miss it when its gone
    Bas prob made somewhere around 100,000$ from this server
    This server has so much potential
    Were so desperate for change that when survival updated the playercount went from
    80-400
    But now it back to 80 and will keep dropping
    You guys are throwing this server away
    Please dont

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. 4zw

4zw Active Member

Rektah
    Raider
    Ive been saying this for so long
    I'm the one who brought up this topic like 6 months ago
    because i noticed this server had potential
    Please
    Listen to us
    Tbh you dont even have to worry about a kit reset
    You should fix the bugs on all the servers before resetting kit

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    You couldn't find this 11 page thread that's 5th down from the kitpvp section in suggestions? ->
    https://becto.net/threads/kitpvp-reset-suggestions.4570/page-11#post-43901

If this is just intended to be another thread about complaining about an update not getting pushed out fast enough you're wasting your breath. The reason for a reset not happening soon has been posted several times on multiple threads, I'll let a staff give the reason again because I can't be bothered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Cloudy

Cloudy Admin

Cloudeh_
    Admin
    When we say that it will be released ‘soon’ consider it with the context that we have only somewhat recently started development, with a small build team and an equally small development team,
    it’ll take time even as our first priority (which it already is). We usually post information and the spawn in a cinematic video near its release, so you can expect that.

We volunteer for staff to moderate and support the server, we don’t usually apply with the intention to directly assist in development and updates. The server decreased in players naturally, as the reworked survival’s hype (and Minecraft in general) normalised, the server continued in normal popularity (now 80-100) not to ignore that it is now September and many people are resuming work and education. We are in no way throwing the server away, I don’t know why you think we are, we take a part out of our lives to staff and work on the server, most of us cannot dedicate all of our lives to it (considering the aforementioned reason too). We’d rather you stop repeating this argument and rather help us by telling us what is wrong; if you are concerned about bugs, most have already been reported to management and will be dealt with in due time, if you think one hasn’t been reported, please feel free to report it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

Sonoh
    God
    Agreed but there is a thread already lol

7. DogMalm

DogMalm Member

Pls reset kitpvp <3

8. 4zw

4zw Active Member

Rektah
    Raider
    I meant like
    Theres hackers and you guys barely come on

9. 4zw

4zw Active Member

Rektah
    Raider
    You guys should at least come on more
    You guys legit played all day until you became staff
    They should recruit some more active people
    Now the server rn is pretty small and doesnt need any more staff
    but 1 staff online all the time would be ideal
    You guys should've recruited bennibeans
    smfh
    He got accepted but then denied bec he got banned by console
    And we all know it was a falseban but you guys just denied him and screwed him over
    Lmao thats just sad
    Anyway im not bashing yall but like most servers have more active staff and push updates way faster

10. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    Hi Benni, I'll reply to all of your concerns.

The reason we say "soon" or things like that are because that's what we've been told. Bas is currently the only one working on the Kitpvp update and we do not have a set date, the only thing we know is it'll be released as soon as we can. I understand the constant promise of soon is promise but that's all we can really release until we know a date. Keep an eye on the forums the next few weeks.

I actually hope to get Bas to release something so that the community knows that there is an update coming, hopefully you'll see that announcement on the forums in the next few weeks. A video would be pretty cool, something like a build competition winners reveal video but to showcase the new map? I think that'll be possible, I'll let Bas know about the idea. As for when, we cannot give a date as to when until we know when; there may be setbacks to the release of Kit's update which is why we are hesitant to set a date and announce it. I promise you that Bas is indeed working on it, even if he's not online constantly. There are also IRL setbacks that could affect Bas, such as illness or loss of internet, that will push back the update. Again, I understand that it is frustrating but we are indeed working on it. As for feedback before official release, we will be hosting a beta for Kitpvp for suggestions and feedback before it's fully done.

I understand the doubt that some people may have, especially because Bas doesn't like being extra public about updates (he likes surprising the community :) ), but that doesn't mean we don't make progress on it. We definitely do want a reset as much as the community, which is why we've been working on updating Kit as best as possible. Playercount has decreased for more reasons than just players getting tired of waiting; we've pulled advertising as to make sure that players don't join before a reset as well as saving funds so we can dump money into advertising after the reset (we did the same for Survival). That's the biggest reason we've seen less players online. Once we release Kitpvp, we will be putting more money into advertising and, in turn, our playercount will increase. Just please be patient.

Staff will have to be on top of their game, I agree. We will have a new anti-cheat for Kitpvp that will be better than our current one, which I hope takes some pressure off of staff's shoulders, but we will still have to be active and we will be as active as we can be. Keep in mind that staff are human and we cannot always dedicate 8+ hours a day to Becto. To ease pressure on staff, please make sure to be reporting players with sufficient video evidence at https://becto.net/ticket/; this way players are being banned even if staff aren't available to be online and spectate them ourselves.

Keep an eye on the forums for the upcoming weeks and be patient, it'll happen :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    I hope you understand that only managers have influence on updates. Other staff can help out and give suggestions just as much as players, but managers are the only ones to have choices, and even then it's Bas who has these projects and works on them.
    Playercount has decreased for a few reasons, we do have a lot to go to make Becto "perfect", but we're still working towards that.
    Why fix bugs on a server that'll be updated? Kit's in need of an update the most (imo) of any other server.

Staff get bombarded with reports and they have to do a lot more than play when being staff, excuse them if they're not on 24/7 because it's stressful at times.

We have lives.
    We have jobs.
    We have families.
    We are human.
    We cannot dedicate time to Becto how you want, we cannot be online 24/7.

Our goal is definitely to have enough staff to have at least one staff member available. But applicants aren't always acceptable for staff, we cannot just go around and recruit people to be staff. Benni knows why he was denied, I will not go into that.

We just need people to understand what staff are able to give to the server; this is a volunteer position that have no set hours and is based on interest. Some weeks some staff will be less motivated to be online and other weeks they'll want to be online as much as possible. This is because they're human. I understand we need more staff, but it's a matter of waiting until we get good applicants. If you have any more suggestions based on this, DM me on Discord as not to flood this thread.

That being said, staff are human and do make mistakes but staff are also sometimes too controlling or need to be talked to. If you see this, please create an appeal to report staff, that way it's limited to Admin+ individuals.

12. remkosp2

remkosp2 Member

RemkoSp
    Veteran
    Can I please add that, if kitpvp resets, the CONSOLE should work better? Each day people get banned (including me) which obviously don't hack. Sometimes the console actually bans a hacker, but normally it's just another victim who has to spend a lot of time to get an unban... And no, I won't make a new thread for this.

13. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager

14. remkosp2

remkosp2 Member

RemkoSp
    Veteran
    sorry, I just scrolled through the post and missed that.