KitPVP KitPVP Reset Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Jetpuffed, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    kit presets

2. AkaneKaimetsu

AkaneKaimetsu Active Member

phaxiuss
    Invader
    Make loot drop

3. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    Another suggestion I have is to get rid of beheading if you aren’t planning on it already

4. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Useless, other than to brag you farm players for there heads lol.

5. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    Okay, entirely new mindset to reworking KitPvP and making it fun again.

KitPvP was imagined as a fast-paced and competitive game mode for those that have a front in PvP and want to prove their worth in the arena.

It is none of this. It is just people in diamond gear waiting for new players to be fed into them, at which they have no chance of having a good and fair fight. I used to argue that they could just accumulate gear over time and eventually they'll be equipped to fight those farmers, but I never knew how stubborn I was. I, honestly, have never seen this happen. The only way new players have this chance is via attrition. Keep jumping and letting the farmers kill you until they let you into the giant network of indivisible diamond-geared players and maybe you can gather up some armour to do nothing with it, a part from join the zombies that farm players too. Where's the fun in that?

After playing anomalously on an alt as a default (resteasypeasy), I realised how quick and mindless it is to be killed by those simply with better gear. Only fun I found was with those who didn't wear gear and, like me and a friend, just wanted to PvP. The only reason there is a substantial amount of players on KitPvP is because that massive network of diamond players just talk to each other about the good days of how KitPvP used to be fun, when gangs used to fight each other and there were multiple god/gang fights everyday. There's literally none of that now. The only glimpse of it is when one god-forbidden player dare rise up in a diamond set to then be hunted down by possibly multiple others in much better god sets.

Now, I love Becto's version of the KitPvP game mode, I do not want it to change into a server where you're given classes, with no other progression other than unlocking more classes. This does mean balancing the server is very difficult other than simply switching it to that sort of KitPvP. These are my suggestions that I feel need to be done in order to make KitPvP great again:

• Remove or seriously nerf custom enchants. A PvP focused game mode should not be reliant on one's capability to get lucky or fortunate enough to have custom enchants that inhibit a good fight. I believe the only enchants that somewhat work with KitPvP are venom, withering, life leech, plasma and beheading. Slowness and blindness only reduce a good PvP-based battle to whoever can get a good few hits in until someone dies, somehow.
    • Increase the price and rarity of gear. I believe in order for farmers to reduce there needs to be an increased demand for armour so they treasure it more, and only use it for fights when others have the same gear.
    • Promote solo and gang tournaments, divide the community. It's what PvP thrives on. If the community is not actively given chances to prove themselves in tournaments and fight for rewards, they'll just fall into a loop where they're bored out of their minds and can only team with the rest of the server. It's weird for me to say this, but KitPvP has become distressingly friendly and non-toxic, only toxicity I've seen derives from new players getting rightfully annoyed when they're confronted by this unimpeachable wall. Adding tournaments will break the loop and extend the competition from the tournaments to the common battleground.
    • Remove God Apples. They are only a privilege to those who should die (okay that sounded really bad but i hope u know what i meant).
    • Remove the donator kits altogether and just provide a compromise of all the kits combined (iron and chain probably) as the only kit available to everyone. Not one active donor uses the kits. There are other ways to provide benefits to for donors.
    • Have more resets. I think a consistent and competitive environment can be achievable by resetting everyone to their beginnings and providing a competition of gaining gear than can hopefully be used in tournaments, maybe to end each season.
    There are probably more ways, couldn't think of any from the top of my mind.

I'm just trying to put out that Becto's KitPvP has a lot of potential if done right, it has a strong basis. If the reset comes in combination with advertising, I think the game mode could surely thrive.

#MKGA

#125 Cloudy, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    What if Jet also made the leaderboards more noticeable (hologram at spawn) and there was a stat reset at the end of every month? (Not a full reset)

7. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    maybe also a small reward for the top kills/other stat each month...

8. Cloudy

Cloudy Mod

Cloudeh_
    Mod
    That'd be good, but I think there should be different stats that are represented. I don't think highest killstreak and top kills necessarily should as it'll just lead to more farmers. Maybe top tournament wins and top 5 in previous tournaments.

edit: that'd be great if they were only updated once a day so we can bring back baltop and not cause any lag 8-)))

Again, I think that will promote farmers but I'm not sure. What type of rewards? Money, items, tokens or irl prizes?

9. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Okay, another good suggestion which has been brought up and then turned away a few times. Screensharing. This is 100% needed. There have been many many many many many times where players have cheated without being banned by the anti cheat (anti cheats aren't reliable 100%).

With screensharing, staff can look over a player's pc appdata files and other files that clients can be hidden in. This doesn't mean they only go through the files, they can sometimes do simpler things like tell the player to type . in chat, or press f3 and send a screenshot. Either way I have fought many cheaters that either 1. staff can't tell they are actually cheating or 2. they just never get banned even if i make a ticket.

I do understand that privacy is a huge issue that staff used to come across when screensharing. So, my somewhat decent way around it is to just use the built in screenshare that discord uses and tell the player which files to go into (staff don't get access to the pc).

(btw i think ssing would only be nice on kitpvp not any other gamemodes)

10. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Also, maybe considering looking into a better anticheat or a better version of the anticheat. I was told by boogie a little while back that the anticheat is several years old.

11. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Screensharing wasn't a good idea when it was last tried and it isn't now.

You're response with "I have fought many cheaters that either 1. staff can't tell they are actually cheating or 2. they just never get banned even if i make a ticket." in this sentence you're basically implying that you can do a better job than staff because your first point is basically saying staff can't do their job and you follow it up with your 2nd point which basically implies that your proof from a ticket was basically 100% correct and they were cheating. Have you ever considered that maybe just maybe they weren't actually cheating? It's a hard concept I know but if every person you've accused of cheating at one time or another got banned you'd be playing with yourself.

Also if screensharing is added back in it should be for all servers not just kitpvp, it's dumb not to make it allowed across the board. I'm not even sure why you would even suggest it being exclusively added for kitpvp since you seem to see the staff as incompetent and your main server is factions.

12. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    If I’m not mistaken, somewhere, it’s been mentioned that they are looking into a better anti-cheat for the reset

13. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I thought I would just suggest this under the kitpvp suggestions thread and make it a bit more clear.
    for starters, I realize becto isn't a minigames server (this won't be a separate server it would be on kitpvp for fun)

So basically my suggestion is Events.

What type of events you may ask? I think Sumo, and LMS (last man standing) would be appropriate for a kitpvp server.

So how I think this would work if it was added would be only staff and certain ranks (maybe invaded+) could host Events with a specific cooldown (which is in the config of the plugin). An Event Crate could be added and everytime someone won and event the winner would get an Event Key.

Link to the plugin here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mini-game-events-reupload.65155/

It basically gives a simple tutorial in each description, any questions just dm me on discord, i've used this plugin before.

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  14. DHScamo

DHScamo Well-Known Member

TUMUG
    God
    Sumo would be fun

15. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I think adding loot drops around the map every hour or so would be pretty cool. Similar to envoys from factions some can have good loot and have bad loot. (also pls read my events suggestion reply to here)

16. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God

Attached Files:

17. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Border, I use labymod, so I don't have a problem with this, but to me it isn't super needed, most players who would care about this probably have a pvp pack that shows the players health above there head anyways.

18. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Cool. This would help everyone as not everyone uses labymod or a mod pack

19. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    I like the idea, laby mod gets kind of annoying at times, it would be nice to have this in.

20. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    If this happened, and being able to see armor durability with out opening inventory, I wouldn't use labymod, and just use optifine