KitPvP Changes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Dash, Apr 27, 2018.

?

Should there be a KitPvP season reset?

1. There should be a KitPvP season reset.

83.3%
  2. There should not be a KitPvP season reset.

16.7%
  1. Dash

Dash Well-Known Member

SaltyDash
    God
    I’ve been seeing a lot of requests and posts about a new season and other changes to KitPvP, but not a lot being done about it. Today I’m going to go over the pros/cons of some ideas, and suggest new changes that could come if KitPvP had a season restart.
    Firstly a KitPvP season reset would benefit Becto because you would set all the players on a level playing field, and could bring in new PvPers and bring back the old PvPers. Lately KitPvP is one of the least played servers on Becto, a lot of the old players that played all the time have wuit because it was getting boring. But if you had a reset, they might come back for competition again, and you will gain new players because they wont be getting 2 shot by all the gods that play. But Becto could get even more players if they make a few changes in the next season.

A few changes that could be made are;
    • Ranks have actual kits (kit raider, kit plus, kit god, etc.) and new players get 2-4 kits to balance the ranked players
    • Add daily challenges (ex: Kill 50 players) but the challenges change every 24 hrs and are different for most people and have rewards in the form of challenge keys/points/300-600 in game money
    • New map
    • New keys (like streak keys- every streak you have an X % chance to get it, streak end keys- every time you kill a player with a streak you have an X % chance to get it [higher the kill streak, the better the chances for both keys] just to make PvPing more interesting and complex
    • Have an plot like area but instead of a plot that you can build on, it’s just like rows of chests. Players can claim a chest (# of claims can change depending on rank/could buy claims) and then get a warp to that chest. You can’t build there, can only access the chest if claimed. To provide a place for players to store items out of their inventory besides the 3 rows in the Enderchest.
    • New special drops for killing players
    • New Shade Dealer items/enchants
    • Overall balance the server for the new players, to the really active old players.

Things that would be reset for the new season;
    • All /stats (all you kills and deaths will still be recoded on /level though) could give a reward for the highest # of kills and highest kill streak (store cupon/points/gems/next season in game money 5-10k
    • The map
    • Apply new items in crates

Making the server more balanced will keep bew people coming into the server, and will keep the old players more interested with the competition of the new players.

That is all I can really think of right now, feel free to edit/comment on parts of this in the comments below. I’m always open to new ideas and view points.

Kind regards,
    -Dash

2. Majiks_

Majiks_ Well-Known Member

Majiks
    Veteran
    +1 You have really good points there and I support a new season!

3. Venerg

Venerg Well-Known Member

Venerg
    God
    I would like to give my own opinion on some points in your thread.

I like the idea of giving players higher kits to make the gamemode a bit more fair and better fiting kits per rank (not too OP) , but I would like to see higher cooldowns on those kits if its going to happen. (Im not sure what would be fitting cooldowns for the kit you get with a rank because I dont know what they will give you)

/kit pvp1 - 1 second
    /kit pvp2 - 5min
    /kit pvp3 - 15min
    /kit pvp4 - 30min

Agreed, I would think that this is a great idea.

Im not sure if you should do this, this would be to easy to farm keys when you are in a diamond set. I think that we should keep it a random drop with a normal drop rate.

Mixed feelings on this topic, I would rather see that you can buy more enderchest rows with points.

What kind of drops do you have in mind ?

+1 on the overall thread

Remember this is my own personal opinion !

~Venerg

4. Majiks_

Majiks
    Veteran
    I do agree that there needs to be more space for your items, and I think that Venerg's idea would work out better in the end because having a whole plot added just so you can store your items (in my opinion) doesn't seem feasible

5. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    What do you think about the idea of removing diamond armour? So iron armour is the maximum you can get?

I believe the difference between diamond & any other armour is too massive and makes a server like KitPVP really boring when you have to fight players in diamond.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Majiks_

Majiks
    Veteran
    That actually sounds like A really nice idea. Although what would be done about the swords and bows? I feel like maximum enchanted diamond swords can easily wreck any iron armor enchants and bows that are power 5 with other really good custom enchants may be too powerful. Maybe an enchantment limit on bows and swords?

7. Majiks_

Majiks
    Veteran
    I would also like to add that one of the most disliked things about kitpvp would be the hit registration due to the anti-cheat. I know it's really hard for something like that to be improved/fixed but it's still worth to note.

8. Dr-BooSa

Dr-BooSa Active Member

Kxju
    Plus
    Removing dia armor will ruin the fun and there would be nopoint to gring on kitpvp

9. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    Eh, okay? Not really a good argument. We'd make enchanted iron armour harder to make / obtain.

This will be looked at when we release the new version.

Either cap diamond sword enchantments or disable diamond swords as well. Just a thought.

10. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    Keeping diamond armor will ruin the fun and there would be no point in playing KitPVP.

KitPVP is dominated by a select few people simply because of the gear they have. It's supposed to be about skill, but where's the skill in killing new players with maxed out enchantments? Sure, having overpowered items gives something to work for -- but would you like to be constantly instantly killed because some gear heavy players don't like you? And having most of the new players leave because of how unfair it is? That's literally the current state of KitPVP.

11. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    I agree with this because it gets way to annoying when people do this especially when those people team just to get kills

12. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    this is very interesting and I think there should be a reset and that it should be fair for new players like jetpuffed said

13. Arminova

Arminova Well-Known Member

Arminova
    Invader
    I just want to say how it is odd that I have made 2 posts about this exact thing, but the bas does not take action before now? Well that does not really matter.

I just want to say it is good the reset is coming on its way.

I agree with most of your points, I have some disagreement in the 'plot' thing. It just should not be added to Kitpvp as it is already in some of the other game modes.

I have to say aswell, I am the type of guy that likes everything as it is. That we do not need anything new. The only thing I really want, is for the stats to be reset and a few new items etc to be added.

I disagree with most people when they say that gamemodes have to be balanced. Is that weird to hear?
    Well I see all these people saying that skill is not the thing required to get good in Kitpvp. That is just what it is however.

I disagree with diamond being removed, custom enchants being removed, things that can make certain players op removed. We kind of have two types of game categories.

One called Minigames, such gamemodes as Hypixel has. Those that last for a short while, but what you did in them, your progress in loot. Does not matter after the match. Just statwise does it matter.
    We then have continous games. These are the ones that you come back to in the same world. Games where you make progress and achieve different things. They don't just disappear after 20 minutes. They stay, like real life.

My point is how removing diamond and custom enchants would make Kitpvp boring. Now you have that really good feeling when you finally make a diamond set.
    It is skill based. A naked player with an iron sword can potentially take down a full diamond, like I have done serveral times. This is what makes it skill based. Bla bla they have no chance against god sets teaming. People in normal gear can team aswell. They just aren't smart enough.

I wanna bring up how Kitpvp is a foodchain. But everyone has a chance to get good. Either pvp wise or loot wise. I have considered many times to make a video showing how to get op on Becto without even being that good at pvp. I have done it several times with alternate accounts, having no teamed.
    (Having more accounts than 2 online at the same time is bannable, so I esentially quit on my mains so that I would get no advantage in the game.
    We allow the use of one main account and one alternate account. Any players found to be using more than two accounts will have all of their accounts blocked.
    We define "using more than two accounts" as having more than two accounts (your main account and your alternate account) online at the same time, or using more than two accounts to claim kits, be in your faction, or to otherwise gain an in-game advantage.)

It was just to test if my theories were true and they were. It can maybe be an excuse that I am the most experienced and longest playing player on Becto Kitpvp. But that again just shows how long grind will make you good.

Conclusion: Don't remove Diamond, it ruins the fun for over time players
    Corrected: I believe the skill gap is too massive. I have to admit that loot playes a big part but if you are good at pvp, you automatically become good, if you are willing to play a while. Making iron "rare" is just the same thing. Diamond is also just really sexy and satisfying to have.

Sincerely yours,
    Arminova.

14. Majiks_

Majiks
    Veteran
    The reason people are saying that KitPVP isn't skill-based nowadays is because of these diamond players with their insane enchantments are just standing in everyone's way and their gear is too overpowered. I've hit a 7-10 combo on a player with full enchanted diamond gear and didn't even damage him by half a heart. He then got out of my combo and killed me with 2 hits. You also said that having an enchantment cap (removing custom enchantments was never mentioned) would ruin the long-term experience as this would make KitPVP feel like a minigame. This is incorrect. You can still get pretty good armor by grinding for it, Bas also stated that this new armor would be harder to get, and would still provide a higher level of challenge for players without that kind of armor to kill you (just not as much), and saying that newer players without diamond armor "aren't smart enough" to team up is just arrogant. Multiple times, I've had to grind hard for a diamond armor set and enchanted it with protection 4 only to get killed by someone with a much better sword (with withering, blindness, venom, etc.) so yes, having your diamond set disappear is still possible, but only by another player with OP diamond gear and not a team of /kit pvp players. Another point to add, is that I was playing on KitPvP yesterday and there was 1 player out of spawn who was in full enchanted diamond armor and a diamond sword, and since he was there, there was also nobody else down there with him except for the few people who had teamed with him (most likely by paying him money) and every time I had gone down I had been killed in 2 hits even if I had gotten him in a large combo.

15. Majiks_

Majiks
    Veteran
    You kinda just countered yourself with that statement. Players who aren't good at PvP are just waiting to get money from assist kills until they can make a really godly diamond set and get out of spawn and kill other players, no matter their skill-level thus making KitPvP a non-skill based game mode (when it really should be).

To conclude: Yes there should definitely be a reward for players who have played on the KitPvP server for a while and have racked up their money from kills and assists, but a balance must be made to allow for a skill-based experience.

16. Arminova

Arminova
    Invader
    What are you on about? If some kids get enough assists and money for a good set they would still get killed by people better than them that also wear diamond gear? THUS making it skill based. It kind of depends what you count as being the goal in Kitpvp to reach. That would for most players being the richest and most stacked player on the server. If you intentionally go down not trying to kill and survive, just hit and die you really will not come far in the game in my opinion.

Let me rundown how to get op and good in Kitpvp.

1. Get good at pvp. 2. Kill people and grind money, untill you can pay the diamonds killing you. 3. Grind for good gear while being teamed with the op diamond guys. 4. Use good gear to kill people and start taking payments yourself.

It will take time, but if you are not willing to do it I suppose it is not worth it either. Just follow those steps and you will eventually become op on the server. Right? Instead of using the money for gear to kill them you can pay them. I myself have never 'really' been at the bottom (not counting when I did my tests). Since when I first joined the server had just been launched and no one had any diamond gear. Which happend 2 times.

Having an enchantment cap (removing custom enchantments was never mentioned) would ruin the long-term experience as this would make KitPVP feel like a minigame. This is incorrect. You can still get pretty good armor by grinding for it, Bas also stated that this new armor would be harder to get, and would still provide a higher level of challenge for players without that kind of armor to kill you (just not as much), and saying that newer players without diamond armor "aren't smart enough" to team up is just arrogant.
    I do not like it when you say 'pretty good'. I want my armor to be shiny and sexy so that I can flex on the players that are not as good as me. I do not care if that is mean or 'arrogant' of me to do. I have given away large amounts of money to random players that call me lord and daddy. To my amusement and to their earning. To be exact I once gave away 400k at the start of the kitpvp reset, then 800k cause I was quitting for a while and then 500k to some dude named 4DRstorm cause we were bros and he wanted to be the richest for a while and at last 650k to random people that called me "Lord daddy Likko". 250k of that money went to a guy named puea however.

But I think you see my point, I hope atleast. I like having things my way, everything I say is just my opinon, but I know that I speak for many others when I say what I say. Iron is ugly, diamond is nice.

Quote: Get good and grind.

Sincerely yours,
    Arminova.

17. Majiks_

Majiks
    Veteran
    You do bring up some good points there. I do believe diamond armor is really nice to have, maybe if it were an exotic item rather than something you can easily get by drops/money then it would be nice? I feel like if you can use artifacts to acquire diamond armor, it would also make them a lot more useful than they are now. The points provided by Bas and other players stated that having this diamond armor be easy to acquire puts the players who are really good at pvp and haven't gotten that much money at a disadvantage, while those who have played for a while and have gotten money off of assists and team-kills at an advantage. So I feel that making diamond gear an exotic armor would solve this problem. There are only certain players who do have amazing diamond gear and at some point it just becomes 1 player will prevail with the best set, enabling him/her to greatly impact how fast players can receive money. An example would be Dooms. She has a great set (and I'm not saying that she's bad) but whenever she puts her set on it just becomes impossible to kill her because you wouldn't even be doing damage to her health. She also doesn't team with anybody so you wouldn't be able to pay her off with money. You do bring some good points that you need to have some sort of reward for grinding a while so there has to be some sort of balance there.

#17 Majiks_, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  18. Arminova

Arminova
    Invader
    Yeah diamond should be more rare, but if we want to have this thing with one player at the top I would rule the server to hard, but yeah I guess I would be a nice Lord. Dooms could kind of be my right hand. Yeah...

Sincerely yours,
    Arminova.