Ivy_Maze

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Ivy_Night, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    Introduction: Hi, my name is Charlotte but most of you know me as Ivy or Ivy_Maze. Currently I’m 18 years old and I live in Belgium, which puts me in the CET (Central European Time zone).

Activity: I believe I joined Becto November of 2017, and I took a break November-January 2018-2019. I took this break as my demotion hit me hard and gave me time to think about my mistakes, I have learnt from this and don’t want it happening again.
    I currently have a little over 11 weeks of playtime, of which I’d say 1-2 weeks at most are afk time. I can’t say much about how often I’ll be online for in the future, but currently its 4-5 days in the week at around 2-3h at a time. I should be able to keep this activity, even when my work schedule changes as it’s unpredictable. However, even with it being unpredictable, there are still plenty of hours in the day where I don’t work as my total hours a week of work does not vary much.
    [​IMG]

Gamemodes: I mostly play Factions and Survival, although occasionally I do go on Prison. the other gamemodes don’t really peak my interests, but I do have knowledge of them as ex-staff.

Motivation: I really enjoy playing on Becto, and I loved being staff in the past. As an ex-staff member I have a knowledge of the different gamemodes, and know how to handle certain situations. I’m a very kind and calm person, which is helpful when working with people, especially when conflicts arise. I’d call myself very unbiased, I have/had no issue restricting or warning other players in my faction or any allies.

History: Neither my main nor my alt (Mazikeen_Night) have had any restrictions placed on the accounts.

About me: As I’ve previously mentioned my IRL name is Charlotte, and I’m 18 years old. I live in Belgium and my parents are divorced. My dad lives in a different country and I visit him during breaks, this does not affect my activity in a negative way. I speak 4 languages: Dutch and French (native languages of Belgium), Czech (from my dad) and English. I am currently working, I’ll usually be working in the morning until early afternoon which gives me plenty of time to be on Becto after work.

Demotion: I guess we’re at the part of my application where it’s time to address my demotion. As most of you know, I was staff around this time last year and got demoted in October. When I asked about my demotion, I was given a reason, but told this was only part of it. To this day I do not know what else could have contributed. So I guess I’ll be talking about what I know. For a short period of time, Becto had a new manager iAaron, who I really disliked. Aaron had all sorts of plans to make changes to the staff team, and I disagreed with them as I did not see it benefitting becto I'm not going into detail on what changes they were since its staff related. The reason I disagreed with these changes is because I thought it was unreasonable for someone to come, change things, and then leave (as that was his plan for when all his changes were implemented). I felt like I couldn’t express my opinion to other staff members, or in Becto chats, so I complained in a different discord server. In this server I went on to complain about the new temporal manager, how much I disliked his opinions and that I wanted him to leave the staff team. Doing so, I broke Bas his trust, and so he no longer felt I should be part of the staff team.

2. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    I’ll give you a +1
    You seem trust worthy
    Good playtime
    Friendly and have been staff before on here.

3. Dymethius

Dymethius Helper

Dymethius
    Helper
    Hey Charlotte. I remember when Aaron showed up unexpectedly and changed the whole foundation of the management part of the staff team. I can agree with some parts of your reasoning, but then again, I wasn't there to complain or whatever. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just wanted to put that out there.

Now, on to your application. I've known you since I was staff back in the day. You were friendly, you did your job, and you did it great. I think you've had your time to think about your demotion, so I would be grateful if you were able to join the team again.

With everything being said, my vote is going to be +1. I hope you get accepted and can show everyone that you have learned from your mistakes.

4. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    Thank you both for your comments and feedback, I really appreciate it!

5. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    Hey Ivy.

I'm going to remain neutral, and let me explain why. Really there's only 2 reasons for this.

The first reason:

While I am all for second chances, I don't know. I really did personally feel betrayed at the thought of you going against the team that you needed to be supportive of. I understand that we do not always agree with our superiors, but the best thing to do in those situations is voice that concern with that superior or boss man himself. I have been in this position countless times beyond Becto, and I'm here to say that it never helps to rant to a group of people about your superior (even if he is temporary) instead of going to him, or his superior about those issues you are having. I am a supporter with second chances, so I would be willing to over look this as long as you remained faithful to the team. I've seen people change, and I've seen them learn. I believe if someone has the motivation to make a difference, that they can.

The second reason:

There was a slight issue back when I was a helper. I believe you got demoted pretty much the same day, or a day or two after I became a helper for Becto back in October. This did not give a lot of time in order for myself, or the helpers to get to really know your staffing style. However, from what I saw, I didn't appreciate the way you spoke down to the current helpers (there were 3 of us at the time). You had this attitude like you were better than us, and I just didn't like that because in the end, we needed to be on the same page in order to work together. I didn't want to be micromanged by someone that I wanted to call my fellow co-worker. Even with the position I have, I see myself as a role model now. I'm constantly trying to ensure that the Helpers of Becto today know that I am here for them and I am very willing to work with them if they do not feel comfortable with something. When correcting someone, its all about the way you do it - and I feel as if you just did not do it properly back then.

However, I am a firm believer in second chances - and I am looking forward to seeing these changes from you if you make it on the team!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Helper

Peepsibabe
    Helper
    You've been demoted, and I've been demoted for something 10x worse, and look at where I am. I believe that people can change and learn from their mistakes in a very short amount of time, like myself, but have you showed us that you have? The best thing for you to do was to talk to Aaron, or another higher staff member. Talk to them how you felt about the team, and what Aaron was doing to it, and maybe suggested something that you would like more; instead of just complaining.

I don't think your application is the best. It is very short, and doesn't tell me a lot about yourself and your capabilities. All you said is you can handle situations well, and are kind. I'd like to know more like; Are you good at catching cheaters? Yeah you use to be staff, but I don't know how good you really are. I also recommend you say more like what you learned from being staff on becto. Did you learn how to do this and that better? Why are you better over other applicants? Why should we choose you over any other applicants. Why should we choose you, someone who has been demoted over someone else? Right now, nothing pops out about you or your application.

If this gets denied and you decide to apply again after, I recommend you be active on the forums, and talk about how you have changed from your demotion. Also, talk more about why you would be a good staff member.
    For now, -1. Good luck

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    there's some things I can agree on with mild but stating: "I really did personally feel betrayed at the thought of you going against the team that you needed to be supportive of." I can't agree with. I feel all staff should voice their opinions and most of the time (personal experience) Bas isn't always there when need be. I do agree however, going about it the way you did might not of been the best. I think you were good at staffing & you're very kind, you know the basics and the rules so I think you deserve a chance. +1

(Work on activity mostly & hang around the forums) :)

- Guthix

8. Meddi

Meddi Builder

Meddi
    Builder
    I haven't seen you online once since the last time you applied. -1 for now.

9. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    I agree with Peep that the app should have more detail, it doesn't feel as in detail/depth as it should be, so I would like to see the answers you have for his questions. Another concern of mine is that looking at your previous application in Feburary of this year, you said you had roughly 10 weeks of playtime. If you have been playing actively as it stated on your app since then, I feel that you should have a higher playtime as that would mean over the course of approxmately four months you gained 1 week & 2 days of playtime (the afk playtime of that is also unknown) unless I have missed something. This would also match up with why Meddi has said he hasn't seen you since you applied. For now I'll be giving you a -1 unless I change my mind. Nevertheless best of luck either way :)

10. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    Hey Mild, first and foremost, I'd like to thank you for commenting on my application.
    Secondly, I'll start with replying to your first reason: While yes, when you're staff you're part of a team, I don't see it as betrayal if you go against someone/something when you don't see it doing any good. I did go to Bas, a superior, and voiced my concerns. All he did was say that he believes that Aaron will do good. This is why I still went on to talk about it to others, I didn't feel heard, or like my opinion mattered. I'm not saying it's an excuse for breaking Bas his trust in doing so, simply explaining that I did go to a superior, but it didn't help.

To reply to your second reason: I don't recall any such moment, I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, simply that it's not how I am. Perhaps I was stressed out by something, and that then made me snappier. I'm sorry it happened, and I know that it wasn't on purpose, or how I generally act towards others. When I was staff I always enjoyed helping other staff members, and I wouldn't ever want to talk down to anyone.

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply to my application.

Thank you for replying to my application, it means a lot! :-D

As I mentioned in Mild's reply, I did go to Bas to talk about it, and voiced my concerns, but as I felt like he wouldn't listen I made the wrong decision to complain in a different discord.

While my catching hackers 'skills' do still need some training, as I wasn't able to record when I was previously staff, and haven't been searching for hackers after getting a better laptop, I'm confident I'll be able to learn quickly.

From being staff I mostly learned how to handle people better, outside of Becto I don't/didn't have to 'handle' people as much, and so I didn't have much experience in it. I learnt when people need advice or help, and when they're just doing something negative for the attention/just to be mean. I don't know if I'm particularly better than others, I just know that I have experience, and while it's been some time, I have the motivation to be better, and to do better. I messed up, but the love I had for being staff and helping others didn't leave.

Hi Guthix, thanks for replying!
    Thank you a lot for your feedback, and yeah, I know I have to up my activity. Lately I've been a little busy with work and before that I was on vacation with my long distance boyfriend, so I didn't exacly play much minecraft then xD

While I do agree that I haven't been the most active lately, because of our timezone differences I doubt we'll be online at the same times often, if at all. I'm trying to become more active again, as I stated before, and maybe I'll see you around one day.

Thank you for replying to my application!

First off, While yes, my playtime could have gone up a bit more, none of it is afk time, the only afk playtime I have on my main is from the beginning when this wasn't my account (I had to average what afk time was mine and what was my actual playtime with my now alt, then main) as now I only afk with my alt. In these last 4 months I've been quite busy, as I was planning a trip to go see my boyfriend, figuring out what I was going to do school-wise, or if I was going to work and then lastly, going on the actual trip. I waited to reapply until there was a moment in which I knew I'd actually have the time to actively play again so that if I got staff, I was able to do it properly.

As I mentioned in Meddi's reply, not seeing eachother online much probably has little to do with my activity, and more to do with playtime. Thank you for your feedback none the less, I appreciate it!

11. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider

Your reply to my post confuses me. To me it sounds like you're saying for the last four months you haven't really been active but you're going to be active if you get staff? Why not wait until you're actually active for a while before applying?

12. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Your staff application is basically you just mainly running with the point that you were previously staff. Your track record as a staff member isn't good. While you may consider yourself unbiased it couldn't be further from the truth. You were extremely biased when you were previously staff. Your immaturity, lack of patience, snappy behavior is shown heavily with your actions that got you demoted. I wouldn't call what you did "venting" more than anything it looked like you had a grudge towards the server and just wanted to bad mouth it and the staff in a discord filled with a ton of people whom I guarantee you didn't know well or were close with all of them. If you wanted to "vent" you would of done it privately in direct messages instead of in the open in another discord that was/is mainly filled with people that had/have a grudge against Becto and were starting a server to compete against Becto. You also held moderation privileges with both Becto and this server, having duel loyalty. Normally I wouldn't mention being a moderator for a different server at the same time but because of the nature of the other server filled with ex-staff and people who held a heavy grudge against Becto it's extremely relative. My vote's obviously a -1. I'd advise others to look at the pervious staff application to get a better view of some of what I've talked about and more, here is a link. https://becto.net/threads/ivy_maze.4847/

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. dean142

dean142 Manager

Silent_Opacity
    Manager
    I believe you have learnt from this demotion and I strongly believe you deserve a 2nd chance at staff again. During this period I hope you have learned from the mistake you made and don't want to see it happening again. +1

14. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Helper

Peepsibabe
    Helper
    You're 10 hours ahead of Meddi and I, which means there are still reasonable times for us to be on together for a few hours, so I'd say it has more to do with your activity not the timezone difference.

Even if we put the whole demotion thing behind us, I still don't think you have what it takes.

15. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Active Member

Morpho_Knight
    God
    Pretty much agree with bloop, meddi, and peep on this one. -1 from me too since personally i havent seen you active since then and the play time feels false at this point.

16. Allehsaur

Allehsaur Well-Known Member

Alleyeet
    God
    I've only seen you on two maybe three times since your last app and you still seemed immature in chat which makes me believe you haven't changed or grown from being denied in feb. As people have said above it only seems like you want to be active if you get staff and if you don't you'll wait a few months again and apply hoping we'll change our opinion of you. You also lied in your history section since in your last two apps you've said this account has been banned in the past as Dankiddo which I know is true since I was there when it happened. While you say this wasn't you and you bought the account from someone else the restriction is still apart of this account and you should still mention it as you did before. It was smart of you to make a section for your demotion this time but it's concerning how your motivation is barely even half as big as it. Your about me section is also bigger than motivation. Bloop also made a good point mentioning how your main reason of why you should be staff is you've done it before and that's fine and all if you hadn't been abusive and immature as staff and been demoted. As mentioned in your last app I've had personal experiences of your abuse and I don't believe you've changed much if at all since you've shown no signs of it. Obviously for me it's -1

17. dean142

dean142 Manager

Silent_Opacity
    Manager
    I told her not to include this as it wasn't her that was restricted and broke the rules.

18. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    I was active, then became less active again because of everything that was happening, and now I'm active again. I waited to reapply until I knew I was and could be active again, instead of over summer break when a lot was happening in my life.

Hey Bloop, while I didn't exactly jump at the thought of replying to your post, I wouldn't curse it either. I never felt like you liked me, but your replies are always full of feedback or questions that can be answered to clarify things. While I don't and haven't seen myself as a biased staff member, since I first got staff, and afterwards got demoted, I've matured a lot. While back then I was ending highschool and starting college with no view of the future, I now have a (full time) job. Getting older, and especially this job have made me a more mature person, of course it doesn't mean it's impossible to see me having fun in Becto chats, it means I know how to act according to my role. Being a regular player, or being staff are a whole different thing, as staff you are a rolemodel, as a regular player you can be, but less.

While you might have a different view on my 'venting', I never had a grudge or any negative feelings towards Becto as a whole. I loved being staff, on both Becto and the other server. I never 'played both teams' as I genuenly enjoyed what I did and I staffed both servers with full consent of both server owners. I knew a lot of people in that other discord server, around the same or more than in the Becto discord. I don't actually see your point in why it mattered if I knew or didn't know a lot of people in that discord, but alright.

Yes, I probably should have vented to someone in DM's instead of a discord server, but I have, and still admit that it was a mistake, I was simply frustrated with everything that was happening, and that felt like the easiest way to get rid of that frustration, and it was wrong. I won't appologize for having a human emotion, feeling frustrated when things don't go how you feel like they should, or when you feel like things are going wrong is normal. How I expressed my feelings of frustration is wrong, I fully accept that. I messed up and I wasn't thinking my actions through.

Thank you for taking the time to make a reply with your opinion, and, purposefully or not, giving me a chance to hopefully clarify some things.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my application! :-D

I agree, there are reasonable times for us to be online at the same time, however, who says we're on the same gamemode when we are online at the same time. We could have been online at the same time multiple times without ever knowing simply because our paths didn't cross. Also, there are still many hours in the day in which I could have been for multiple hours, when either one of you wasn't able to be on. The chances of seeing someone online who is in the same timezone have been slim for me, simply because my schedule is all over the place and I never consisently play at a perticular time.

I'd like to ask how my playtime seems false? Do you think I was afk more than I said, or do you think I'm somehow lying about how many hours I have been online? Could you maybe elaborate on this?

Yes, I could have been immature in chat, but as I mentioned to Bloop, simply because I'm having fun in chat doesn't mean I don't know how to be mature in a situation where it's expected, right now I'm a regular player, having fun. I see staff members having fun in general chat at times, and it shows to me that it's okay to do, and it doesn't take away from their professionalism.

My activity has just been a little all over the place because a lot of things are happening, I was active before and after my last application, as much as other circumstances let me be active, you can't always control life. As I reply to the restriction that I left out, I feel as if Silent_Opacity said it all, as it wasn't a restriction that was mine, he told me to leave it out as it's not as important.

My reasoning to be staff isn't specifically because I was staff in the past, it's because I loved staff. So, yes, being staff previously has a big impact on that, because otherwise I wouldn't have known what it was like to be staff.

I don't see how I'm supposed to show you signs of me changing, and growing to be more mature when I don't see you online, and if we would be online at the same time, I doubt we'd have a conversation. You can't say I have or haven't changed depening on the few appearances I make in general chat, and how my conversations go with other people, as my relationship with others is completly different than with you.

19. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I talked to you months ago about several things, and I believe you have what it takes. However, I visit each game mode for probably about 30 minutes each day, and it is rare I see you anywhere. I am giving you a -1 for lack of activity, but if you had been more active, it would be a +1. Please think about what being a staff member again would mean to you, I believe you know what it takes and what is expected, and that given thought you could become a staff member again.

20. Allehsaur

Allehsaur Well-Known Member

Alleyeet
    God
    I personally think it should still be included since the restriction is on the account not the person. If I let someone use my account and they got banned the restriction would still be apart of me as it's my account even if it wasn't me, same thing goes for buying someone else's account, this is her account, the restriction is apart of this account even if it wasn't her. She could have said how it wasn't her personally who got banned but the person who owned the account before as she said in the last 2 apps she's made. Plus as stated in the rules "You will be held accountable for all activity coming from your account, even if you were not in control of the account at the time." the ban is on the account, not the person.
    I think it's perfectly fine to have fun in chat but if you're a regular player planning on applying for staff you should be acting more mature as you're planning on applying for a mature position.
    The restriction is apart of your account so it is important to include if you're claiming you've never had a restriction on either of your accounts because that's not true. You might not have got the restriction but the account did as I said in my reply to silent.
    I can say if you have or haven't changed as it's my opinion of you and I said "I don't believe you have" so to me you haven't. You might not have seen me online but seeing as you say factions is one of your main servers it's hard to believe your as active as you say considering my faction member and I who are both on a lot both haven't seen you around besides what I've said. Yes timezones and personal life can come into play as you've said, but we're both there so much it'd be almost impossible to not see you on more than the times I've said. We don't have to have a conversation for me to believe you've changed because just having a short back and forth makes me believe you haven't. The last time I talked to you on the server was a few weeks ago and I've only seen you on once since then. You were also rude and pushy towards me as I enemied your faction and you asked multiple times what I had against you or why I didn't like you. Your reply just shows me you aren't as mature as you say and again that's my opinion so I can say it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.