• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Skyblock Island Upgrades

Echizen01

Reactions
    Hello friends,

I'm here to suggest an alternative to Island upgrades. Currently, level 4 upgrades are only possible through the Becto store. I think there should be a way for those who do not want to pay to still have the option to level up their island.

Why?
    I don't think everyone would want to pay $12 - $13 for a level 4 generator (this includes myself). We enjoy the grind and "working for what we get." Although many others try to go for the pay-to-win strategy, there are others who want to get the satisfaction of "Oh, I did that through hard work!" This is my personal reason, but others may have others such as financing.
    Also, I think there are already other ways to get ahead, such as /fly, crate keys, god pickaxes, etc. By limiting the method of obtaining island upgrades, rather than pay-to-win, it becomes pay-to-play.

I suggest a 2x price increase for the level 4 upgrades. I believe this would help others try to grind more, and those who don't will still opt to buy it through the store.

Thanks and I hope you consider this :) Happy grinding!

Petition to make island upgrades available through in-game money!

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    While I understand what you're saying I do want to note that level 3 is meant to be the 'max' level and level 4 is just meant to be an extra that can be unlocked from the store. I could make the level 4 upgrades available for money in-game, but it would cost a lot of in-game money, something that would require you to grind for weeks.

Echizen01

Reactions
    While I understand what you're saying I do want to note that level 3 is meant to be the 'max' level and level 4 is just meant to be an extra that can be unlocked from the store. I could make the level 4 upgrades available for money in-game, but it would cost a lot of in-game money, something that would require you to grind for weeks.
    I definitely agree it would cost a lot, but I think opening the option itself is what matters! It would be reasonable that it requires weeks of grinding since it's the very last upgrade, but I believe that would give a purpose for grinding (rather than a dead-end.) I hope you look into it! Thanks :D

Preox1000

Reactions
    I definitely agree it would cost a lot, but I think opening the option itself is what matters! It would be reasonable that it requires weeks of grinding since it's the very last upgrade, but I believe that would give a purpose for grinding (rather than a dead-end.) I hope you look into it! Thanks :D
    I totally agree, just having the option there, even if it takes weeks to grind for, would give another reason for people to grind. Skyblock as it is is already a gamemode originally meant to be grindy and time consuming. And as you said above, a lot of people don't want to, or simply cannot, buy the upgrades for real money, which makes it a too big of a difference (imo) between f2p and p2w players. Although there will always be a difference between people who spend money and people who doesn't, I think this is something that'd be able to bridge that difference if only a little bit, and will make many f2p players happier with their overall experience in game.

KyleAFK

KyleAFK
    KyleAFK
    GOD
    Reactions

I agree that level 3 should be max and level 4 should just be an extra, but in some of these upgrades, level 4 provides more features that are unavailable in level 3. Specifically, the level 4 generator boost provides Gold Ore, Diamond Ore, and Emerald Ore that are unavailable in the level 3 generator boosts. While usually I'm not one to complain about pay-to-win games, this additional feature in level 4 generator boosts gives a significant advantage to players who have used their wallet. Many Skyblock players spend hours mining for ores, yet they'll never gain access to diamonds or emeralds, crucial minerals to building and stacking island levels. At the bare minimum, every player should have access to all the minerals so that they can put in the extra hours grinding, if they're unwilling to spend their real hard-earned money.

Suggestions: please at bare minimum allow these ores to spawn in level 3 generator and increase these rates for the level 4 generator. I'm sure less people will complain about the paywall, especially the generator boosts if they're able to access all the ores at a slower rate.

Last edited:

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    I agree that level 3 should be max and level 4 should just be an extra, but in some of these upgrades, level 4 provides more features that are unavailable in level 3. Specifically, the level 4 generator boost provides Gold Ore, Diamond Ore, and Emerald Ore that are unavailable in the level 3 generator boosts. While usually I'm not one to complain about pay-to-win games, this additional feature in level 4 generator boosts gives a significant advantage to players who have used their wallet. Many Skyblock players spend hours mining for ores, yet they'll never gain access to diamonds or emeralds, crucial minerals to building and stacking island levels. At the bare minimum, every player should have access to all the minerals so that they can put in the extra hours grinding, if they're unwilling to spend their real hard-earned money.

Suggestions: please at bare minimum allow these ores to spawn in level 3 generator and increase these rates for the level 4 generator. I'm sure less people will complain about the paywall, especially the generator boosts if they're able to access all the ores at a slower rate.
    That's a good point, i'll include all ores in the 'free' upgrades but with low chances of them appearing.