Intros and outros responses

Discussion in 'Declined suggestions' started by shaqs_burritos, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:14 PM.

1. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Today I come with an idea that was suggested by a friend of mine @Ralph12322 who expressed his opinion that he didn't like people getting "rewarded" for saying "hi" or any other response. I agree with him because I think most players would still say hi on the intros and outros, getting "rewarded" or not. My purpose in an intro is that I say hello to a new player. I personally don't need the "reward" and I am sure many others don't as well. After this Ralph went on to claim I was dumb, and missed his point. I believe I did, but decided to post this anyways to make him happy without him getting "rewarded" will a +1 In the post category. He then said that most of the people who respond to this thread would be the players who "only replied for the extra post." I posted this to see if he was right or not.*
    * No hate on Ralph, I respect him, and he is a good friend of mine. Please don't hate on me or Ralph.

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    If it's any consolation I think you're both dumb. Yes there are people who reply to intro and outros for post count there are also people who do it for other reasons not regarding post count. Let's break down why each of you are stupid. Ralph is stupid for not realizing that while yes you do get a post count for posting in intros and outros it's literally just minor insensitive to promote activity to new players threads which is more beneficial. He's also stupid for thinking post count matters for anything at all, the only time it's relevant is for staff applications but anyone who farms post count in intros and outros is always called out as that being their source of forum activity. Let's move on to why you're stupid. You're stupid for the fact that this was a useless thread it was poorly written, semi hard to understand and belongs in the off topic section. As to why I replied it wasn't for the post count I'm the 4th highest in post count with little activity in intros and outros, I just couldn't miss calling out people who are acting stupid. Anyways thanks for the +1 post count that means literally nothing. xoxo

3. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    I told shaqs it just bothers me and other than that its not even important for anyone else if someone gets a +1 post for sending something like "hi" in an intro.

ofcourse I understand its nice of them to welcome new people to the network.
    for me its sometimes just too simple to get posts on your account by just saying something simple and shouldnt be rewarded with +1 post.

but as I said ... it just bothers me and there shoudnt have been made a thread about this in the first place.

4. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    I don't see why welcoming people should not reward those with post counts. Its not even that big of an issue, and if you are worried about post farming - we do not take into account sheer post count itself, and alone, we take into account the user's activity on the forums over all and reporting through tickets as well. Sure, forum posts help - and I mean its nice for people to welcome those on the forums. I don't have a single issue rewarding players whom go out of their way to welcome another player to our forums. What is so bad about being given a smile when giving a smile to begin with?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    Like stated, post count isn’t used for anything and doesn’t matter if you aren’t applying for staff. You aren’t really being rewarded for doing something as simple as posting “hi”
    People who post the intros even expect to get posts welcoming them and saying hello or saying goodbye, it would be weird if nobody said anything, it’s not just for post count anyway.

6. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    Please learn how to read before continueing with this thread.

Ive litterly said it 3 times in my previous post.
    IT just Bothers mE.
    Why this guy decided to make a thread of it isn't my idea.

And stop making such a big deal of it, there is no point, posts arent that important anyways.

7. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Small rewards for greeting new players and farewell messages isn't the biggest deal in the word. It encourages players to be active on parts of the forums that wouldn't see much activity without an incentive. Additionally, post count isn't a requirement in staff applications so "farming" it is pretty much pointless other than being active.

I'm going to be moving this suggestion to denied.