ImMk

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by MVKay52, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Admin

QuiteShallow
    Admin
    There has definitely been improvement since your last application, I personally have seen you on the discord as well as ingame assisting players as well as regularly reporting those who break our server rules.

but as Jedz and Bloop said, I want to see if this is going to last or if its just a ploy. My vote may change but for now:

Neutral

2. Nicolai_anz

Nicolai_anz Well-Known Member

1kks
    God
    I'm going to go ahead and get you a -1 Since you rushed your application and seems like you just wanted to join the staff team just because.
    Maybe its a good idea for you as staff. Maybe its not. I'm not the one who's deciding if your in or not. Good luck i guess.

3. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Nicolas does have a point. It seems quite rushed to me.

4. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    Could you elaborate on that?
    What parts of it seems rushed?

I spent a lot of time over the last week writing it. I’d like to hear what parts you think I could have been more clear about though.

5. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I don’t really know how to explain it. It’s just like, idk. Nocco could prob answer. (If I mispronounce something it’s because it’s 5am)

6. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    Could you be more specific on what parts seem rushed?

As well, could you give an example in my application or outside of that that leads you to believe that I would like to join the staff team for no reason?

Thank you for the input and the point you have brought up.

7. dean142

dean142 Manager

Silent_Opacity
    Manager
  8. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    I apologize for being immature in those situations. I understand the rules on the discord and I hope that these exceptions of immaturity I have shown can be overlooked.

It was not appropriate for me to use support in that way and I understand that these actions make me seem like less of a candidate. I have in the past mostly used the support channel and other channels the correct way and never been restricted because of my actions.

As a player on the server, These moments are examples of immaturity I am sure most everyone has shown at some point. I am not excusing this but I hope it can be overlooked as I have been professional a vast majority of the time.

Again I apologize for these slip-ups.[

9. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    The more and more I think about it I just don't think you are ready to be on the staff team yet. -1

10. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    +1 He's 100% right when he said he will be the active helper
    Because that's what this server needs more than anything

11. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    In my opinion
    Its just there's well over 300 players on a day
    And 2 staff
    Hackers don't get banned on kit
    People can break rules and get away with it very easily

12. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
  13. Minionator03

Minionator03 Active Member

Minionator05
    Raider
    After I see the comments that you made in support I'm changing to a -1.

14. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    I will have to change my vote from neutral to -1 after reading those comments.

Better luck next time!

15. Softhez

Softhez Well-Known Member

_Soft
    God
    You seem like a cool guy and we are team on kit so a +1 for me.

16. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    ......Gonna have to pretty much give you a -1 because I don't think a staff member and aspiring staff member shouldn't act this way.... I understand that you may have tried to explain/reason this but I don't think that really sums up for your actions in those screenshots. Besides that do I agree with some of the positive AND negative replies people have given you. Just make sure you're keeping your actions in check, doing the right thing, staying active within the community, etc.

17. _Cammm_

_Cammm_ Well-Known Member

cammiesfrog
    God
    I've seen more activity in the forums and discord more than I have before your first application. great job. +1

18. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    +1
    Is my new fren

19. 4zw

4zw Member

Rektah
    Raider
    He honestly seems like a chill dude
    He could help out with all the cheaters on kit

20. PigsPaluza

PigsPaluza Well-Known Member

Pigasaur
    God
    I'm gonna be straight up with you this whole application was a rollercoaster.

It started off a bit iffy with some of the statements in the application itself and I normally come in to a persons second application with a negative mindset. Then I continued to read and from what I read you seemed to be a pretty chill guy and for your age (my age as well) you seem to be on the higher end of maturity. At that point I was almost certain I was going to rate this positively. Then I went to the comments and on the first page they were stellar save for a few and I kinda have to use the comments to judge your public image because I have never met you due to my break from the game. At the end of the first page I almost skipped to the end and gave you the plus one but my thorough self checked the second and I mean a lot of questionable stuff was presented:

Accusations that your reasons to become staff were false.
    Annoying staff with requests to review your application. (Which has never ... ever .. helped anyone)
    Also those screenshots from dean presented a whole new immature side of you.

At this point I really want to give you a negative rating but at the same time I understand. Most of the bad things said about you were things that you said or did that were minor but recurring. So as my finally rating I will stay with a firm Neutral. Here's why:

Due to the the nature of the things that you have been given -1s I can not trust that that is actually you. This giant interface that we have created communities out of (Becto Minecraft and unto that the internet itself) allows us to say and do things that we would not normally do. In a sense this nearly anonymous form of communicating has allowed us to strip away our filter that would normally save us from social or formal consequence. In English what I am saying is that the things you have said may not actually be a good representation of who you really are, and from my experience the staff will really be themselves in a situation. My take is that you will be good in staff if you can keep serious and funny separate because every person is some cocktail of both.

PS to the eventual person reviewing this application I hope this helps because the universe knows Becto needs some good new staff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.