ImMk

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by MVKay52, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    Hey guys!

It's been 2 months, so here's my second staff application.

First, I'd like to go over what has changed since my first application.

Forums

My first staff application was my first post on the forums. Since then I have been active almost every day posting on every thread I feel like I could contribute positively to.

Discord

This is the same deal. After my first staff app, I became a member of the discord community. Almost every day I have been active playing games, chatting, reporting, and helping players.

IN-Game

My playtime was around 3 days when I applied the first time. My level was 52. Since then I have been active almost every day for several hours.

Now, let's get into the main part of the staff app.

How long have you been playing on Becto.net and how often are you online for?

I started playing in November of 2017. I played for a while, but stopped because my IRL friends pulled me into Fortnite. I rejoined the server a bit more than 2 months ago and haven't stopped since.

I am almost guaranteed to be online from around 8-11am CST. I start my mornings by playing video games every day that I am free. After that, I average around 2-4 more hours during the day. Of course, If i were on the staff team, I would be more active responding to reports and player that need help. I am often available to get on even If I am not playing.

What game modes are you most active on?
    I started playing becto for factions, and soon discovered kitpvp. Kitpvp has been my main game for most of my time on the server. With that said, I understand the mechanics of every gamemode as I have played on every one.

I'd say that the only servers that I lack experience on, whether it be Becto or other servers, Is prison and maybe factions. This is not to say that I will not be able to help out players that are on these servers.

Why are you right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?
    I will keep this short. Of course I love the server, but I want it to change for the better.

I want to be the active helper It needs and deserves to help the other staff feel less pressured and get more done.

If i ever feel that this job is not right, I'll be the first to resign and actively participate in finding a replacement to keep the server thriving. This is not to say that i feel that this job is not right for me, I just won't keep the benefits of staff without doing any of the work if I become lacking as staff.

The Kitpvp reset is coming up, and It is really important for the server that this reset goes well. I know how mice it would be for everyone to have an unofficially dedicated "kitpvp" staff member who is active. I want to be there, actively making sure the reset goes smoothly. Management is responsible for resetting the server well, and It is the helpers, mods, and admins that are responsible for making sure that the server thrives after the reset. I want to be there actively making sure that happens.

I have made countless player reports to staff over the last 2 months. Every day I have been working to help staff maintain the server whether it be reporting combat and non-combat hacks, or other illegal behaviors.

In real life, I have 2 jobs. During the school year, I bike to a private school after my own school, and help look after the kids in their after-school day care program. I look after kids from age 3 to 14. Through this job I understand how to moderate kids that are close to my age. Also, during the summer, I am a lifeguard at a local pool. This job requires monitoring people of all ages and making sure they are following the rules. I believe this will translate well to this job as most of the kid I would be dealing with are around this age. I understand how to be respectful and keep my cool even when someone's life is on the line.
    Have you ever been banned or muted?

No.

A little about yourself. (Where are you from, do you study… etc.)

My name is Marcus, and I live in the midwest of the USA. I am 16 years old and I am a sophmore in High School. I am looking forward to a possible career in education. I enjoy drawing, playing basketball, playing MTG, and playing Minecraft. As soon as I stopped playing fortnite, I got back into Minecraft. I immediately remembered Becto so I hopped back on. I immediately got sucked back into the community and 2 months later, here I am. I have a lot of free time outside of work, and I would love to spend that time helping the server grow with the upcoming updates.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this. Below I have attached some files that are helpful when considering my overall activity. Let me know if you have and questions, comments, or concerns.

Thanks a bunch!
    Marcus.

Attached Files:

2. w0lves

w0lves Active Member

stund
    Raider
    very well written application, I think it would be great to see a staff member that is truly dedicated to kitpvp.
    +1

3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    - active on forums, in-game, and on discord
    - knows all the servers
    - always very polite to all players
    When his first staff application came out, I had 1 experience with this player, and that was him and another player in an argument, and I wrote him off as toxic. I have never seen them really even start to argue with another player, even when it is all over the chat. This is a very good quality for a staff member. Overall a big +1 to Immk, the only thing that doesn't completely impress me is general spelling, has a tendency to have a couple of spelling mistakes in their writing ( I believe 1 is in the application). Overall a huge +1 for an active member, who fits the mold of a staff member very well.

4. Anoppe

Anoppe Well-Known Member

anoppe
    Invader
    p chill guy +1

5. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    Good application. Over all you seem fit for staff but you need to know it can be very overwhelming and might take away from the relaxation time of video games. If you can handle that then it's a +1 from me!

6. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    You have definitely improved from your previous application, +1

7. linkfoxgaming777

linkfoxgaming777 Well-Known Member

Awesome application, seems well rounded from life and video games, old boio gives +1

8. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    You seem like you know your way around, and would work well in our team. +1

9. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    You've made great improvements since your last application. You've covered all your bases discord, forums, in-game. This is both a good and bad thing. The good part is obviously that you're now active, the bad part is I don't think you can keep this momentum up. Racking up 3 weeks game time in 2 months is a lot especially if little to none is afking. It's also apparently clear from your jump in activity on all platforms from almost none to an insane amount that you're aiming to be staff. This raises the obvious red flags. To say your time in Becto has been long wouldn't be fair, your join date may be from 2017 but your activity is almost non existent until a bit more than 2 months ago so it's fair to say your start on Becto is from a bit over 2 months.

It's a neutral for me, I would like to see this momentum continue and am also very skeptical given the information. I believe that the next time you apply will clear up everything and sway my vote one way or another that is if you don't receive staff with this one, 2 months is just too soon in my opinion.

10. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    I've noticed for sure that you have become more active, but I have a simple question for you. Can you explain why you felt the need to alert everyone, including staff members individually to look at your new staff application? This displays a value that we aren't thrilled with; impatience.

Normally we auto deny for asking the team to look at your application, but I'd like an explanation from you personally as to why you did this. You obviously have taken advice and gained the motivation we need from you to join the team, so this is why I am giving you the opportunity to explain it.

11. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    First off, thank you for giving me the chance to explain. I would like to apologize if any of my actions seemed to be out of impatience. I was just excited to get my application out there and make sure that people had a chance to take a look at it. I was not trying to rush the system at all.

Again, sorry if I seemed impatient or annoying.

12. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Telling staff to look at your application, idk. Neutral for now

13. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    Just to clarify, I didn’t ask staff to look at my application after I posted it. I only dm’d some staff that I knew had a vested intrest in my application before hand letting them know that I would be posting it. Even thought I shouldn’t have done that, it was not out of impatience, but I was just excited.

Sorry again, I didn’t realize that it seemed like I was being immature or impatient.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    Very well written application! I was going to give you a 1+ but....

By looking at Kewrai's post...

It's going to be a neutral from me. Good luck!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    I can definitely see why this looks to be a problem.

As I said in my application, as soon as I returned to the server I immediately started to get involved in the community. I can see why this jump in activity since my return and after my first application is concerning.

To me, the problem is not that I increased my activity startlingly after my first application. I simply applied too early. If I had not applied that first time, you would have seen the same activity from me.

Again, I understand that it may seem that my activity might be geared towards achieving the position since this is my second application.

I’d just like to refer again back to my application. I stand by my statement that if I find myself not being active as a staff member, I would be willing to give up the position and continue helping to bring new people to the position.

Thanks for the comment and the concern.

16. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    Neutral.

We've only really talked on Creative and cannot speak for any other servers, however when we did talk you were asking for help so it shows me that you'll ask somebody if there is anything you're unsure of, a good trait of a staff member. But, I don't know how you are on the other servers.

17. MVKay52

ImMk
    Veteran
    You might be referring to when I was asking for help with WorldEdit.

I was never a builder and that was my first time ever using it since I was working on the new building competition.

Like I said in my application, I know my way around the other servers, but I’m never afraid to ask questions!

Thanks for the input!

18. Minionator03

Minionator03 Active Member

Minionator05
    Raider
    I do like this application much better than your last one and you seem like you'refit for staff even if you might make some mistakes I'm sure you would work to fix them. But bloop and kewrai had good points. I guees I'll stay neutral for now.

19. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    Neutral, I would like to see you continue to keep up your acitivity as well, other than that I can see a huge improvement on all levels with this application so once I can see your activity is kept up I would be happy to change to a +1 :)

20. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    +1 I don't see the problem
    but keep up the activity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.