• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • KitPVP Ideas for balancing KitPvP

Heklo

Heklo
    Heklo
    Hello everyone!

I just thought I’d offer some suggestions to improve kitpvp. I’d say one of the biggest issues on kitpvp is that it’s unbalanced. Many people mistakenly thing balancing means removing OP items or making them more expensive, but it’s much more complicated than that. Naturally, players that have been here longer will always have better gear and more friends to team with, while newer players start with only default kit and are usually alone. This is how eco-pvp is supposed to be, but it requires a constant balance to be fun. Being "unbalanced" means it's too unlikely to get past the status of 'new player' these days, no matter how skilled you are. If you don’t believe this, play on an alt that nobody knows about and see how frustrating it can be. My alt account will jump down and get farmed, teamed on, etc. while my main account can survive targets while being AFK in plain sight, just because of the amount of people I’m teamed with. This effects the server a lot, with 100+ new players joining kitpvp each day, and retaining less than 1.

To help boost the retention rate of the server, here I will propose some possible solutions to make kitpvp more fun for new players without drawing fun from old players:

1. Anti-Farm zone (Map hazard):
    Kitpvp could add a specific section of the map which risks some dangerous inescapable death, regardless of armor. This will discourage players with expensive gear from entering the area, as they risk losing that gear. They can try, but it probably won’t be worth the risk. Meanwhile, players in default kit have nothing to lose, and therefore will not be farmed as much in that region. Maybe it could even be interactive for fun (Ex: lever drops out floor). The map hazards can be made in multiple ways, but here are some of my suggestions of what can be placed in this zone:
    • Void hole: simple, quick death, no gear can survive.
    • Lava pit: same deal but with all disabled commands in it, or people will simply drink fire res and teleport away.
    • Regular pit: just a trench at least 4 blocks deep. The “catch” is players cannot run any commands in here (so they can’t teleport out, can’t store/sell items, etc.) Basically the only way out is by dying, so no physical items down here can be brought back up, but money can still be earned. To prevent people from keeping a geared-up alt down there forever and ruin the zone, it could be made so logging out in this region results in death as well, even without being combat tagged. They’ll eventually have to either log out (and die) or go AFK (and most likely die). It would also be a nice 1v1 area for anyone afraid of geared players interrupting.
    Note: It is important that once you fall in the hazard, it needs to be 100% inescapable, or the threat will be hollow and farming will continue as usual in this zone. For anyone that doesn’t like this idea, it doesn’t need to affect you all that much since it would only be a small section of the map, and you can simply stay away from it and rule the rest of the map.

2. Gear based earnings:
    I expect most people to disagree on this one but hear me out. Each kill already gives a randomized amount of money. This amount could be multiplied by a factor depending on your armor points or enchantments, maxing out earnings at the default kit. Maybe someone in full diamond armor would earn only 30-40% of the random amount, just as an example. This would encourage people to use lower gear for higher reward, while mindless farming would not gain as much money. A lot of people would argue that they worked hard for their gear and should be able to use it. Yes, using it against other armored players will gain you their gear to make up for the low payment. But if you’re using it against regular players, it’s just farming at that point, and you really don’t deserve that much payment from it.

3. Chat reaction changes:
    This isn’t really related to balancing the server, just another suggestion I thought I’d throw in. I think the list of words should be switched up. It’s been the same list for a while now and a lot of us have memorized all the words already. There are some pretty obscure ones in there (Ex: “recasts”, “tamers”, “repaints”, “emigrants”) that nobody would reasonably guess without knowing beforehand or looking it up. Adding a newer or larger list of words would make it so people have to actively try to unscramble each time, and I think it would be more fun that way.

Thank you for reading my suggestions! Feel free to comment, tweak, or provide constructive criticism on any of them. My only request is to be open minded if you disagree with something (no bashing plz), and please give a reason why you disagree. This will help to come up with better ideas that more people can support. I don't expect all these to be taken, but I hope some will!

Thanks again!
    - Heklo

7fishy7

Reactions
    idk about the whole anti farm zone, cause even if it was added, 1 many players would still get farmed in it lol, the stacked players would beat out the non stacked, and just abuse the easy and quick farming traps now. Furthermore where would it be on the map, it would have to be near drop down so they don't get farmed trying to get to the area, which then kills off kitpvp for all players who have good stuff cause nobody would even leave that area. Also with it being so close to dropdown you could just leave the traps open, and watch people drop into them, depends on how close to spawn it is. That's just how I see it, curious to see what others say.

-Dante

Heklo

Heklo
    Heklo
    idk about the whole anti farm zone, cause even if it was added, 1 many players would still get farmed in it lol, the stacked players would beat out the non stacked, and just abuse the easy and quick farming traps now. Furthermore where would it be on the map, it would have to be near drop down so they don't get farmed trying to get to the area, which then kills off kitpvp for all players who have good stuff cause nobody would even leave that area. Also with it being so close to dropdown you could just leave the traps open, and watch people drop into them, depends on how close to spawn it is. That's just how I see it, curious to see what others say.

-Dante
    Hi Dante, thanks for the feedback, I'll try my best to respond.

First, I don't think the stacked players would necessarily beat out the non-stacked, because the damage received/taken doesn't matter here that much (One well-placed hit could knock people off regardless of how much damage they do). Sure, they could easily farm some people with poor pvp experience, but all it takes is a single decent player to knock them in themselves. Also, I don't see a difference between new players being knocked into the void and new players getting 1shot how it is anyways. If this is still an issue (I don't think it will be), maybe death by void can be made to not give the killer money.

As for where it would be, I'd say to the left or the right of spawn, like here for example.
    1610298687041.png

This makes it so players with good armor can drop straight ahead or to the right with no consequence. Even dropping to the left, there's still a bit of wiggle room so they would need like a 20 hit combo to be knocked into it, but running towards it with no gear would be easy enough.

For the part about kitpvp being killed off because players wont leave the area, this already happens. A lot of new players just give up and wait in spawn for op players to leave the arena. At least then they would be able to fight amongst each other. Any player who quits kitpvp because they finally have to face challenges gset farming, ehhh, they can go.

Thanks again for responding, I appreciate hearing peoples opinions!

Last edited: