Idea, may sound crazy. Unban Everyone

Discussion in 'General' started by Swahzyy, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    I am here today to suggest a mass unban on Becto. I believe lots of people will return and boost the player count and play on the server and not all will be cheaters or hackers etc. Maybe Bas could get new staff for the mass influx of players to watch the server to help keep it clean. But with new players comes new fun for everyone. With this mass unban us players will be more inclined to buy things on the store because new competition will be created so in return Bas makes money and everyone else is having fun. I know this is not all about money to Bas and he wants the best for Becto but I think this would be a interesting move for the server. Just a Idea totally expecting for everyone to disagree. - And no I'm not just posting this cause i'm banned i'm unbanned now but factions is very very low in player count now.

2. SerenaSlays

SerenaSlays Well-Known Member

MeWave
    Plus
    No, terrible idea.
    What's the point in giving people who broke the rules a second chance by simply doing a mass unban? :-/
    Would be unfair towards the people who bought unbans.

Bas says he has been doing some marketing here and there, so if he handled that professionally i believe we will see new faces very soon. Interesting move for the server would be if there are gonna be weekly content updates, not doing something absolutely crazy by giving a free ticket for another chance on a server you were permanently banned from, with the intention to just raise the player count.

3. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    I understand it would be unfair to the people who bought unbans, but I do believe in giving people more chances and that they aren't cheaters or hackers or whatever forever.

4. SerenaSlays

MeWave
    Plus
  5. Hideo Kojima

Hideo Kojima Member

+1 great idea, i like it

6. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    people are banned for a reason

7. Peep

Peep Builder

Peepsibabe
    Builder
    There are so many ways Bas can bring up the player count, and this is the worst way.

8. dean142

dean142 Manager

Silent_Opacity
    Manager
    This is not going to happen, if players feel like they should be unbanned they can appeal.

9. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothie_
    Invader
    You get banned for a reason, and mostly for players who get perm banned it's for repeated offences, so what's the point of unbanning someone to break the rules and ban them again?

10. Raider2x

Raider2x Well-Known Member

chickapedia
    Veteran
    I believe this should happen except for those who were really bad. Chances are the people that have been banned 1-2 years ago or even half a year ago most likely have learned from there lesson and won’t commit the same offence. And if they do then they’ll just be banned again it’s simple. With the whole coronavirus going on those who have been banned a long time ago will be able to come back again, increasing the player base. If they commit another offense they can just be perm banned again.

11. G645

G645 Active Member

G645
    Ultra
    Can't see any way this could come with a positive outcome and not have a greater negative impact, un-banning everyone would just invite all the old hackers, bug abusers, and spam bots with a warm welcome right back into the server which is the last thing Becto needs. Most of the time when someone gets banned for cheating and get's unbanned without having to spend any money they end up just cheating again. If you truly wan't to be unbanned, make a appeal or buy a unban.
    https://becto.net/appeal

Yours Truly
    G645

12. uhsleep

uhsleep Well-Known Member

cwaire
    Invader
    this will obviously never happen. there is many people who deserve to stay banned, people who have been a threat/danger to staff member's and other people's personal lives.

13. Raider2x

chickapedia
    Veteran
    Idea: Unban only those who haven’t been as bad as a threat as other people. We’re talking about those who’ve been perm banned for either hacking or being toxic in chat but not toxic to where before they were harassing staff members and other players. I guarantee that those players who have been banned from 6 months to two years ago have most likely learned there lesson. And if they haven’t it’s simple: just perm ban them again. I think it could potentially raise the player count even more. Many of the people who were perm banned may had been toxic or used glitches but they were what kept competition going in games like kitpvp and factions. Many people left the person because there friends ended up getting banned, so there was no point playing anymore. But if we unban a good amount of people there’s a chance many other players will return back to Becto. I think this idea should be atleast considered

14. SerenaSlays

MeWave
    Plus
    If they still care about Becto and learned from their mistakes and wish to come back they can appeal at https://becto.net/appeal
    Unbanning only those who 'haven't been as bad' is gonna consume a lot of time, which could be spent on something else to actually improve the server.

15. Raider2x

chickapedia
    Veteran
    Appeals don’t work for a good amount of people due to biases. It wouldn’t take that long to unban and I think it is something that can improve the server

16. uhsleep

cwaire
    Invader
    not sure how unbanning people who broke multiple rules can 'improve the server' LOL. if anything, the unbanned players become more toxic, and scare new/sensitive people away.

17. Raider2x

chickapedia
    Veteran
    I can bet that some of those who did break the rules 6 months - 2 years ago have possibly learned from there mistakes. We can atleast try anyway, and if they do are toxic they can just get banned again it’s simple

18. uhsleep

cwaire
    Invader
    like dean said above, it's not going to happen. keep wasting your time by coming up with reasons as to why they should be unbanned when those people were banned for valid reasons.

19. Raider2x

chickapedia
    Veteran
    Relax, calm down. I was just giving some suggestions that could work. I know that it might not happen, but it doesn’t mean I can’t try.

20. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    oh my this is not a good idea