iBass I think u went too far now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jorbar, Mar 8, 2019.

?

Do you like the culture that has been going on lately?

1. Yes I do.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. I dont mind spending some money every now and then.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. No. They are going to far.

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    So what your saying is that we should take our anger out on Microsoft for taking over minecraft/mojang (just a joke). Thanks for explaining the reason behind it Bas :-D

2. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    I don't think you understand that being constantly advertised in chat makes the server look bad and makes new players not want to play thus lowering the sales. Not to mention, until about a month ago, this server was clearly violating the EULA so honestly, you guys shouldn't be mad about losing profits.

#42 Showy_Dudy, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  3. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    Guys can we just live with it at this point? It's not going to change, lol.

4. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    I don't entirely agree with your statement. We live in a consumerist world where we are constantly bombarded with advertisements. Ad's don't scare off players and a larger player base doesn't instantly give you more money. I know so many loyal players who have not spent a cent on Becto, they maintain the player base. I agree that there are much better ways to advertise the web shop however, generally those marketing strategies are proposed and implemented by marketing teams, people who are trained in advertising to the consumer. Unfortunately those teams cost lots of money and I think Bas is simply doing what he sees fit to keep Becto up and running. At this point I think internal advertisement is granting more revenue than external advertisement, hence the sudden expansion of web shop ad's. All in all I don't like the ad's any more than the next guy but as I have said before, Becto is a business and you need to think like a business man when critiquing a business's actions a decisions.

5. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

NessFire
    Invader
    First of all the new players who join, Becto should want them to become emotionally invested and to do so the server has to have a strong community and has active players on while constantly gaining new players so others can feel superior towards them and it makes them feel like they are progressing towards some sort of endgame. There will be more bases to raid, it will make the server feel more alive if there are more factions who are active in chat and in the game meaning more for players for the time they put in Becto so they will not get burned out.

I think everyone knows that having more ads in chat than people chatting and seeing them every time you go to spawn will make people not emotionally invested which is how you get people spending a lot of money on a server; just look at how free games progress they let you make a lot of progress without having to feel at a disadvantage early they don't advertise to you after every "battle" to buy their items they wait until later on when they are emotionally invested into the game and then they force you into thinking that they invested so much time into the game that you might as well pay for a permanent slight advantage. (which are ranks :))

I don't understand business? Why do you think some games have free demos do you think it might be to make people have an interest in buying their product? Becto should be doing the same thing, they should not be chasing off the new players leaving players with fewer things to do on Becto they already encourage the idea of having ranks that will give you a huge advantage over people who don't play such as /fix and /fly why should you let them constantly let becto show off their items and how helpful they are.

I've legit been advertised "60% off sale for a limited time" for 5 months how do you think that's healthy for the player base my entire faction has stopped buying stuff from the store (except Phyaxe) because of these tactics being pushed to us constantly I couldn't imagine what it does to new players joining for the first time.

I don't play any of the other beta game modes I only play factions so I am strictly talking about factions in my post.

If you would like to further discuss this you are welcome to dm me on the forums.
    Ps I am female even thought my old username has man in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  6. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    If you consider a game server a business you're utterly wrong. I don't understand why admins think the advertising is healthy. it's a server if it's similar to ANYTHING i'd be a charity. servers aren't meant to make HUGE amounts of money. yes they can make huge amounts of money but Mojang is going in and has been going in the direction of donations. you DONATE to the server if YOU feel like it. Have you ever played a game and people beg you for money because you're wealthy in game? That's exactly how it feels when you play on a server that once didn't ask for money & now does. the owner, the staff (that rarely get on) can say all they want how it's not thrown in people's faces or it's not that bad or it's a business. But what you can't say or do is tell the players of YOUR SERVER how they feel or should feel. it's unbelievable what your staff are saying. Take the input and advice that's how you make something grow bigger. that's how you get liked by listening to your player base.

• Great Post Great Post x 2
    • List
  7. BennyD43

BennyD43 Active Member

BennyD43
    Raider
    Super understandable that a profit needs to be made to afford advertising, running server etc.

Maybe the vote crate could be improved to contain some 'P2W' items that aren't otherwise available to non-donating players - that way people will be way more inclined to vote (which in turn promotes the server better also). Obviously, the chance of getting said items shouldn't be too high.
    And I know you can vote, get vouchers, then buy this stuff, but still...

Just an idea :)

Might even out the playing field a lil bit.

(+ getting 50 enchant tokens from vote crate is nothing now, maybe that could be upped a bit? - can get 50 in the grinder in like 5 seconds)

8. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    A game server most definitely is a business, you pay for a digital product that you buy on a webstore. You do not donate to a charity and get a reward- that is something completely different.
    With that logic a game like CS:GO where you can buy crates would be a charity where you donate and receive a crate. Makes no sense at all.

Nobody is telling anyone how to feel about something, everyone is just giving their opinion on the topic, which is what a forum discussion is meant for.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    The double post from iBass, amen.

10. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I feel like this suggestion is just going to add more advertisements rather than take away but here it is. Why not draw back a bit from advertising on specific severs instead advertise in the hub and in limbo. If it's possible to send a player to a different limbo area based on the server they were sent from then you could promote each servers different goods in each different area.

11. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    Adding cosmetic items and removing p2w items from the store would most likely stop Mojang cutting down on your profits since cosmetic items follow the EULA. A lot of money could be generated to help better the server if cosmetic items were to be added to the store, mostly because players love cosmetic items and would spend tons of money on them. The money wouldn't be the only positive out of this situation, most of the player base would like to see the server move from p2w items and this would be the best way to do just that. Cosmetic items could vary from Tags (Prefix and or Suffix), Pets/Companions, Hats?, More trails, etc.

12. swat243

swat243 Banned

swat255p
    As i suggested, to letting cracked players join, some other fanboy wrote"Community Quality > Money", so the signs proof, that becto is just buisness, let the cracked players also join us to having more fun with them. They also bring money from the credit card from their parents, ibasss :grin:

#52 swat243, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019
  13. swat243

swat243 Banned

swat255p
    Let cracked players join us,it would be better as simulated ones ;-) they could be good cu$tomer$.

14. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I highly doubt that if someone isn't going to buy their own minecraft account then they're not going to be a good customer and buy anything from the webstore.

15. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    Don't start this again, you have been punished once, don't make us take action again.