iBass I think u went too far now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jorbar, Mar 8, 2019.

?

Do you like the culture that has been going on lately?

1. Yes I do.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. I dont mind spending some money every now and then.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. No. They are going to far.

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Few things:

- Not every change is IBasss, there is 2 managers that decide things as well.

-Donations is how a server keeps going, if you do not wish to buy things you do not have to. Becto is changing from a mostly p2w aspect (look at factions).

-If you voted or did the free rewards then you could get free things as well.

-The signs can be irritating but its simply ignored (the chat messages on the other hand need toned down a bit)

2. Jorbar

Jorbar Member

Hansibar
    Veteran

3. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Yes this time it was ibasss, but skizzles probably wasn't online when this happened, everyone on kitpvp spammed chat and ibasss responded. Skizzles is correct that managers also do stuff.

4. Skizzles

ISkizzlesI
    God
    My point being, there is no need to call out Bas personally. Every staff has jobs on the server, Jets is to implement changes and fixes, Dean's is to manage staff. Bas is the owner his job is to make money, manage money, and use it to better the server and keep it going all while assisting managers and other staff, and making sure everything is running smoothly. Next time I would simply suggest a change without calling anyone out.

5. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Good idea skizzles, as a past staff member you must have more inciteful knowledge on staff on becto.

6. Jorbar

Jorbar Member

Hansibar
    Veteran

I am talking specific about the signs. I know for a fact that IBasss was the one who came up with this idea.

7. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    Even is Bas was the one to add them, there is no need to call him out for it. He’s the owner of the server and just trying to manage/fund it. Having a minecraft server isn’t free.

8. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    How can an admin sit there and say it doesn't hurt anyone when players are making threads complaining about it. It obviously bothers them. So far in the past year the server has removed the best way of earning anything decent in game such as the point system from keys (which was earned through voting, a way of advertising). and now spamming chat with "GUTHIX there's a huge sale on for 60% off" Not everyone is pay to win and the people that don't pay to win find this really annoying.

I've donated plenty to Becto because I liked the fact when I first logged in everything was simple & fun. Now it feels like the server just wants to make money. A new player isn't going to like that vibe. there are so many ways of advertising to gain popularity instead of polluting your in game environment with messages to buy from store and sign that encourage you to buy items in game. I'm not a huge fan of the way the owner is "exploring new ways of advertising".

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Skizzles

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Personally I think a good medium is adding time between each message and making the signs more central and less inclusive on the player.

10. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    The signs at least need to be moved because it's pretty annoying when you go to spawn and have this right in front of you.. upload_2019-3-10_20-6-58.png

11. bunnaz

bunnaz Well-Known Member

Bunnaz
    God
    It's a bit annoying and may give newer players the impression that the priority of staff has shifted to promote pay2play but I don't disagree with what they're doing. They deserve money!

12. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    This is not even worth to complain about, just ignore it. Just get used to it, it might be annoying the first few days, but I already don't care at all.
    And don't act like a bunch of over sensitive kids.
    Accept the signs and continue playing.

13. Skizzles

ISkizzlesI
    God
    I mean think of it from others view.... you are playing in the park and suddenly everywhere there is billboards advertising products that get in the way of the view and ur efforts to have fun. "Over sensitive" is not really accurate here as all suggestions are meant to improve the server.

14. Jorbar

Jorbar Member

Hansibar
    Veteran
    So I shouldnt call out anyone? I know damn well a mc server aint free. Buts from what I see is coming in, I know that he makes good money of of this.

15. 10scorpion19

10scorpion19 Well-Known Member

10scorpion19
    God
    Hm. I can understand why this could be a potential problem. I guess it could scare new players away if they see those signs right away. I'm not against the signs nor with them. New players need to understand that this is indeed a free to play game. Sure my opinion isn't one you should trust since I have GOD rank, but I was a player without a rank for a LONG time. I got a rank because I saw myself playing this game in the future. As Bloopaloop said, I find the chat advertisements annoying, especially when it mentions a rank. I would really appreciate it if it was narrowed down to like every 2 hours. I know that Bas needs to make something, which I agree with, its just that having the signs could possibly scare new players away. I haven't been on Becto for a while so I do not know for myself if those signs are intimidating. But still...
    I think Bas has every right to do this since all of us have enjoyed his server but I think it can lead to some problems.

16. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    We need to remember that Becto is a business. I do believe that Bas cares about the comunity and the well being of his players but ultimately Becto needs to turn profit for it to be worth his time. A server, for most owners, can't just be self sufficient, just like a business it can't just pay for it's self and nothing more. You need to turn profit else you are still working at a loss due to your time being put in. Even if this loss isn't monetary. I don't like the signs and chat advertising spam, but I understand the cause and reasoning behind it. It's a comunity and friends to us, but all in all, Becto will always be a business that needs to turn profit.

17. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

NessFire
    Invader
    If you think it is healthy for new players to constantly be seeing ads towards the server shop you are mistaken that seeing ads in chat and around spawn I don't know what to tell you; do you not understand that if new players see this they will be turned off and they will never become payers? Becto would obtain more players by disabling ads will make Becto more money in the long run by having a higher player base that is invested into the server and by removing ads it doesn't it makes it look like Becto is a way for ibass to make passive income.

#37 Piccoman, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  18. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    I totally agree with Vindigo on this. Becto is a business and we all should know by now that Bas really cares about us. Understand that this is not just a passive way for him to make money. Bas spends his time during the day to manage the server not only financially, but also in other ways. If Becto did not exist, he would be spending the time he currently dedicates to us on a different job. This server partially is his job.

Think of game developers these days with all those micro-transactions. The money from micro-transactions is used to keep the servers running constantly. Look at Warframe for example. The game is free to play, but the devs there added micro transactions so that the people who work at the headquarters can get a steady paycheck and so that the servers can keep running 24/7. Everything runs on money. Nothing is free these days. People create these types of leisure for us and expect to be paid for maintaining them. That is simply how the system works.

I refuse to believe that Bas is forcing any of us to buy anything. If you read my previous post, I said that I haven't bought a single in-game item. Has Bas punished me for that? No. Have I bought a rank? Yes, because I wanted to contribute to this marvellous server. Have I bought other people ranks? Yes, because I like to do those kinds of things out of the kindness of my heart. I didn't have to tho and Bas would not have punished me for that either. It's your money. Nobody is telling you what to do with it.

If you have made it here, go get yourself a treat. You deserve it :)

19. Jorbar

Jorbar Member

Hansibar
    Veteran
    I sooo agree with you. We should all work on being a bit nicer to each other, and to the new players and help them out. When Becto gets more active players in the long run, the staff dont need to put these signs up because the money will come their way.

20. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    The signs are not pushed in your face at all, it just shows you what is available on our store as not everyone browses around on there.

The problem is that Mojang is cutting down on our profits and other Minecraft servers are generating extreme amounts of money which we have to compete with- they are competitors.

When we buy advertisements we lose huge chunks of money and compete with those servers who spend ridiculous amounts of money on those advertisements (they cost more than an average car...)

#40 Bas, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List