iBass I think u went too far now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jorbar, Mar 8, 2019.

?

Do you like the culture that has been going on lately?

1. Yes I do.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. I dont mind spending some money every now and then.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. No. They are going to far.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Jorbar

Jorbar Member

Hansibar
    Veteran
    I think everyone saw the signs on factions that almost brag you to buy stuff from irl money.
    They are not only on factions.

I think iBass went too far and I would like to hear everyones opinion about this.
    I don't claim I am right or that iBass is wrong for doing what he has been doing lately. I would probably do the same if I were him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week some of the gamemode servers have been stuffed with buy sign that u can use to buy stuff with, for irl money.

In factions ( where I spotted them myself for the first time ) there are 22 of these signs.
    In Skyblock there are 16 of these signs.
    In KitPVP there are 19 of these signs.
    In Prison..... there are a whopping 35 of these signs.

This results in a grand total of 92 signs around the server where you can buy stuff with irl money.

When you /spawn in factions and just stand still. You can see 8 of these signs.
    (See attached photo)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been seeing lots of people that dont mind the so called "pay2win" culture thats been going on. And heck, I have bought some stuff myself as well ( I kinda need to if I want to keep up with all the other factions. )

Also I have heared a lot of people that are getting disgusted of the fact that this arguably good server is turning in one that aint that good anymore.
    In my opinion the owner(s) are focussed on generating money and not fixing game breaking bugs/glitches.

I think with adding the signs all over the server u sent a message to everyone on the server iBass. A message that this "Pay2Win" culture is one that is staying, and its the people who are leaving.

This is just some critisim I have, bash me, it won't ruin my day. It will make it better.

I just needed to say this and yeah.

See ya ^_^

Attached Files:

2. MildSawss

MildSawss Admin

WildSawss
    Admin
    Gotta advertise somehow.
    I think it's perfectly fine.
    If you don't like them, just ignore them.

But its a new way that Bass is doing to advertise.
    I highly doubt Bass pays for Becto out of pocket, it continues to run because of the donations provided from the community.

At least that's my own opinion, I'm not bashing anyone here.​

3. Jorbar

Jorbar Member

Hansibar
    Veteran
    Advertising? I think the message that pops up every minute that there is a sale going on is good enough?

4. MildSawss

MildSawss Admin

WildSawss
    Admin
    I believe he's just doing different methods. Again, it's not really hurting anything. I don't feel compelled to click the sign. I just ignore it and go about my day. But like I said, this is my own personal opinion.

5. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

HeyImHidden
    God
    I do not like the signs and how pushy they may seem but at the same time its just a sign , ignore it and move on. Although i do not like the spam in chat. 'Hey Hidden there is a massive sale' every 2 minutes which gets in the way of screenshots if i'm trying to get them.

6. Warrior356

Warrior356 Well-Known Member

Warrior356
    God
    Can't you just not read them? Bas needs to keep Becto alive. Without donations the server can't run and as said millions of times there are ways to achieve some things on store, in game example: Top 5 voters get 20$, Points etc.
    So No I don't think Becto is 'pay2win'.

7. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

Rathasaur
    Invader
    If a new player joins Becto the first impression that the server will give is that it only exists to make money. Becto is chasing away their new players before they even get the chance to play by constantly bombarding their players with ads to buy items from their store. Bad business tactics do not belong on a Minecraft server.

8. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I'm fine with the signs everywhere if we can get the chat advertisements removed or at least doubled in the time increments that it messages you. I understand that you have to advertise goods on the server, I personally don't like the signs either but the chat messages are rough even with labymod. I can't imagine what it's like for a new player or existing player that doesn't use a mod like this and plays with just vanilla.

9. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    The part I hate is that like on kitpvp, they aren't on the wall but in the damn middle of the spawn. On prison if you warp to enchant you can't walk forward due to a huge sign. I like the signs and p2w is how becto runs, but where the signs are is horrible.

10. Drieth

Drieth Active Member

Drieth
    VIP
    *everyone who responded to this page has a rank*

11. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Haha I like the p2w I just dislike the location of the advertising.

12. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    Ranks are easy to obtain.

13. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Not everyone has 140$ to spend. I recommend buying a rank during sales. I bought my rank (god) for 100 dollars less than 140 (40). But for say plus or vip, those are pretty cheap, and member rank is free.

14. MildSawss

MildSawss Admin

WildSawss
    Admin
    I believe he means that you can get ranks in game with points for free, no cost to you.

15. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Before you read this, know that this post is completely opinion based. I might have added a fact or two unintentionally, but know that this is mostly my formed opinion. I will be quoting several sentences using quotation marks and I will also be citing the source. They will be colored in blue. I apologize if you have trouble reading through my sentences, as it is hard to maintain perfect grammar and sentence structure as a trilingual. If anyone reading this suffers from a certain colorblindness, please send me a message on Discord and I will edit this post if I am still able to do so (I can also read it for you). This post will be a quite long one, but I will try my best to cover everything I've seen.

Comments:

- I disagree that the server is completely "pay-to-win" style. But you also have to understand that Bas does not pay for the server out of his own wallet. This server "continues to run because of the donations provided from the community" (MildSawss).

- Drieth mentioned that "*everyone who responded to this page has a rank*". I am pretty sure that most if not all other minecraft servers receive donations from their community. If it's not ranks, it's in-game items. I myself bought the Raider and the Veteran rank because I wanted to contribute to the server in some way. I have not bought a single in-game item and I am still happy with what I have on all the six game modes that I play on. There is also a point system included where you go around and hit a few villagers for points every day. If you do this on a daily basis, you could easily earn a rank for free! I only pick up 33/41 dailies every day but that still gives me about 70 points every day if not more (I haven't done the math yet but if you would like me to do it I can send you the results over Discord).

- Next, you also have to understand that Bas is trying to explore new ways of advertising. I do agree that those signs should not appear in my face (for example when I teleport to spawn in Skyblock), but they should be at a position where they still catch my attention (or else they would be pointless). I totally agree with MildSawss when she said "I don't feel compelled to click the sign. I just ignore it and go about my day". If you don't like the sign at all, try to look past it as if it were not even there.

- I only partially agree with Bloopaloop's statement, saying "...if we can get the chat advertisements removed or at least doubled in the time increments that it messages you". I disagree with removing the chat messages (there needs to be some kind of advertisement), but do I agree with maybe doubling the increments for when those messages appear in chat. I have seen other Minecraft servers where it was much worse so I am not very bothered by it appearing so many times.

- The last reply I will comment on is from Piccoman saying that "If a new player joins Becto the first impression that the server will give is that it only exists to make money". I partially agree there as well. When I log in, I don't really see the signs in the hub; however, I do think that a new player will first take a good look at the hub and if he/she sees the signs then it won't make the Becto server very compelling.

Conclusion:

- I think that the signs should be removed at least from the hub, so new players do not have to look at them and already think that the Becto server is completely "pay-to-win" (which it is not).

- The signs on the different servers should be moved a bit so they don't appear in our faces every time we warp to a certain place but they should still be able to catch our attention to keep efficiency.

- It would be nice if the chat reminder had a larger time increment (every four to five minutes maybe).

If you have made it here then you have all my thanks for reading this. Congratulations! You earned a cookie... Well, I don't have any but here's an imaginary cookie :) If you have any comments, additions, or issues with this post, don't be afraid to send me a message over discord where we can have a civil conversation about it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Oh forgot about that but getting points for better than raider is alot of npc rewards and probably winning vote rewards or building competition. But still, it is free LOL

17. Warrior356

Warrior356
    God
    Vote 3 months in a row VIP then Raider and then Veteran. Then wait for a sale have a coupon ready and ez Invader. My rank was 15$ Due to me being Invader and it was cyber Monday.( I did not have a coupon).

18. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Invader
    [Click to buy SkyHighTiger's vocal box]
    x1 ^ Limited time offer (Limited actually means 4months)

19. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    I'm not a good candidate for this(considering I have not been on the server to see said signs), but as a pretty nitpicky person who likes things in order these signs sound like they would annoy the heck out of me. I think chat advertisements and more subtle sign advertisements are fine, but not out in the open signs.

20. SkyHighTiger

SkyHighTiger Well-Known Member

SkyHighTiger
    Invader
    ^