Global Have each staff member focus on one gamemode

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Raider2x, May 15, 2020.

1. Raider2x

Raider2x Well-Known Member

chickapedia
    Veteran
    I think this is a great idea because let’s be honest: a staff member who plays specifically on a game mode and has lots of knowledge on it is a lot better then a staff member who plays on all game modes but isn’t on each one for a lot of time. Also they may not have interest in the modes that really do need staffing like kitpvp and instead stay on creative

2. Dawnshadow842

Dawnshadow842 Active Member

Dawnshadow842
    Veteran
  3. Cibr

Cibr Well-Known Member

Cqbr
    God
    Yes this could be a possibility that could work good

4. memodaboss

memodaboss Well-Known Member

memodaboss
    Ultra
    +1 this would help alot.

5. MildSawss

MildSawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Alright, let's talk.

By thought the idea of gamemode specific staff is great. Fantastic. It'll solve tons of problems, right? So let's do it. Bam, it's done. We now have [Survival Admin] MildSawss, [Prison Admin] Dartino, [Kitpvp Helper] YoStrafe, etc etc. Things look great at first! But then suddenly no one is online kitpvp whatsoever. Hackers are going wild! With only 1, 2, or 3 staff members that are dedicated to kitpvp, it's become a no-man's-land! There's people bouncing around with their bunny hops, hop hop hop, dropping 200, 300, oh wow, 400 streak legit players! That's not good! /who displays [admin] Mildsawss, she's on Survival! But sadly she's a survival admin, she's online 24/7 but she's not able to get onto kitpvp because she's a survival orientated staff only.

Do you see the issue yet?
    People are complaining that we dont have enough staff yet you believe limiting the staff we have now to only 1 gamemode?

Lets be honest. Even if this happened individuals would still be messaging staff members {I'm talking about you, Prison Admin Dartino} that there are hackers on kitpvp. Dart would have no choice but to apologize and say that he's not a kitpvp admin. There would be zero moderation whatsoever, and no chance of moderation of the "gamemode staff" are not online at the time, or available. At least now you can grab a staff member's attention if they're online, and they can hop on over to the gamemode.

This idea in an idea; is brutally terrible.
    This would slice the already small staff team into tiny pieces that would give the Becto community less reliability. My DMs are always open, I'm always accepting reports of people when I'm available. There's no reason to turn staff into gamemode related staff only. This would only cause more issues, and it's just not a good idea. This will in a phrase, never happen guys. As good as it sounds to those whom don't like to pvp, or those whom don't want to take videos of it, this idea is..just not a good one for the way our community works. We have a multi-server community. Its all based on one, global platform. Ranks are global. Staff are global.

6. esh

esh Well-Known Member

eshtravagent
    Invader
    I think what players mean by having staff main certain servers is be openminded to staff applications with players who have a lot more experience on only a few game modes. This would increase the amount of people applying for staff and in turn, more staff members. Of course staff would be able to go to different modes and wouldn't be restricted to just one, that would be a mess. <3

7. MildSawss

MildSawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    I'm gonna get PTSD from my own scenario now. God help me. The thought of it is terrifying.

8. esh

esh Well-Known Member

eshtravagent
    Invader
    I could see why. <3

9. Raider2x

Raider2x Well-Known Member

chickapedia
    Veteran
    Exactly what I've meant. Staff members don't have to be strictly on one mode. Probably should've clarified more, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Dawnshadow842

Dawnshadow842 Active Member

Dawnshadow842
    Veteran
    Yes, this is what I've been saying for a while now. It's important for all staff to have some basic knowledge of each gamemode, but we could have more total staff if we didn't require quite so much of them. I've considered applying myself, because I'd love to help out, but with the current system I don't see any way I would be accepted, as I have less than an hour of playtime on one gamemode, and very little experience spotting hackers. That said, even if things did change, I still wouldn't expect to be accepted, as my main gamemodes are already quite well covered, but the point of my story was that other people like me would have a chance at getting staff. A lot of us feel like something needs to change, and quite a few great people would surely step up to the plate, if only we would let them.

11. memodaboss

memodaboss Well-Known Member

memodaboss
    Ultra
    I like this idea, that way their would be a staff member having fun with the server they most enjoy, but as you mentioned if needed they can change servers and still be able to help, i have played becto for a while now, i have never asked staff members why they resigned, but my guess would be that they no longer play the game, imagine that you want to build a huge pumkin, cactus farm, on survival, you cant finish it, because kitpvp, prison, factions, skyblock, they all require your assistance. I might be wrong ofc but this is only my opinion, doesnt mean that you have to pick one server aswell, but i will put myself as an example, i am not a pvp player so factions, kitpvp, not really my thing, however i enjoy making farms, and helping other in their builds, so i could consider becoming staff mainly for Survival and Skyblock, this is the reason why i have not attempted to become staff, i can't help Becto as a staff currently because i am not a Pvp player, but if this was a thing i would love to be of help to the servers where i know i can help, like i isaid its only my opinion, and i dont mean to be rude or insult the current staff members, i thank each and everyone of you for helping us, i will keep my +1.

12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Say, keep [Survival Admin] MildSawss, [Prison Admin] Dartino, [Kitpvp Helper] YoStrafe as regular staff to have access, and the ability to work on all gamemodes, but have new players (who would apply for one specific gamemode) because it was the only one the cared about. I think this would boost staff coverage, and help fix our current hacker problems.

13. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothie_
    Invader
    If they only cared about one gamemode, do you think they will really do their best ? I believe staff members are people who care about becto improvement and make sure everyone having their best experience. Not only in one gamemode ? It just seems like they are applying to be able to play with no hackers while they're online. I mean, I think they will just ban hackers if they're annoying them while playing and not be active the whole time since they don't care about the whole community.

14. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I believe different, many kit players care about the community, and would ban players who got reported to them. All your ideas can also be applied to the staff we have now.

15. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothie_
    Invader
    I dont mean that these players don't care about the community, but just kitpvp is a part of it so they can't care only about it.

16. Lila

Lila Member

Isn't it possible to do a combination? So you have staff thats focused on Survival and/or Skyblock, but you also have the ''regular'' staff. That way its more likely to always have a staff member online when you need them.

17. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothie_
    Invader
    This could be a small problem, if you're online on kitpvp and need a staff member, you will do /who and it will show a staff member online on skyblock for example. You will need to ask them what gamemodes they are staff on and if they could help you that time. I won't like to see the [skyblock & survival helper] tag on someone's name.
    Kitpvp is probably the most server that needs staff online, the others do but it's mostly just chat reports or thing that could be recorded and made a ticket for.
    Even though I don't agree with having Kitpvp staff, I don't think it's the worst idea to have maybe '' trial staff members '' with the ability to /gamemode 3 on kitpvp if we're planning to give this idea a try. They could just record and send it to staff member who will take the decision to ban or not. What this will help ? It's at least a way to record the players using reach hacks which mostly couldn't be recorded by all players. This is still going to be much work for staff, but I think a good way to make sure there is someone to ban/record most the time.