Global [Global/Buycraft Suggestion] Tags

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BorderPlayz, Apr 3, 2019.

1. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Before getting into I think tags would be a nice addition for Becto I would like to answer a few questions you might have.

What are tags?: Tags are prefix's that come before a players rank or after a player's game as a suffix that add a bit more fun to the chat. They usually consist of words, memes, and anything else. Here is an example of a tag that I own on another server upload_2019-4-2_16-47-26.png The tag, which is "Ping Spoofer" is what I mean by adding tags.

How would tags be obtainable?: Tags would be able to be purchased from the buycraft for maybe $2.00 per tag and would be able to be gotten from crates such as the vote, rare or epic. I think the percentage to win a tag could be quite small and not easy to get as too many tags could get annoying.

Why should tags be added?: I think tags should be added because it would add some nice color to the chat and I think tags are something that can't cause harm and are something that any player would enjoy having. I'd also like to mention that Becto already has the deluxetags plugin installed and would just have to configure it.

Some examples of some cool tags would be: Oof, Lotts, F, Hacker, EGirl, Shrug, Furry, Salty, : ), potato, and more.

Let me know what you guys think by leaving your thoughts down below.

2. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Love it, make custom tags buyable for 5 dollars if approved by.staff.

3. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    +1 I want to buy Lotts tag.

4. Nestastic

Nestastic Well-Known Member

diversely
    God
    +1
    Cosmetics in general should be added, they'd be great.

5. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
  6. Meta Knight

Meta Knight Active Member

Morpho_Knight
    God
  7. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I've never been a fan of tags, rainbow names/chat, chat color changes etc for the simple fact that it's annoying to see in chat and also tends to extends a person chat message longer than it normally should be or in the case of chat colors is just annoying to read. With all that being said you end up devaluing ranks with features like these or in this case tags. The "Veteran" rank is the first rank that gets /nick, aside from this addition there is no real selling point to upgrade to Veteran as almost everything else it offers is trivial. There are tons of players who purchase this more expensive rank for the sole purpose of a /nick. I also don't believe we should be adding these types of things into Becto as it just overall doesn't fit with the server, you shouldn't try and be like velt, hypixel or any other server. I'd also like to mention that unlike /nick tags can't be changed meaning if you buy a tag that's the tag you get you can add the option to toggle it on and off but the issue is that it isn't by any means far fetched to assume or foresee that players will be bullied over a tag, we already see this happen with /nick and usually the player just changes their /nick to something else. Anyways if it isn't obvious I'm against it -1.

8. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I can see where you are coming with this. I hate servers where chats are just filled with rainbow spamming tags.
    When I think of tags I think of simple things like simple colors or words. Example: F:
    upload_2019-4-2_20-52-32.png

Jet had given me the "Lotts" tag a few weeks ago and I didn't see an issue with it. Was quite cool.

Attached Files:

9. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    You kind of ignored all the other reasons I gave besides the one you mentioned.

10. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Just replied to the first I read. I'm watching a movie at the moment. When it comes to disabling the tag, with deluxetags I'm pretty sure you can use a GUI where you can choose/toggle off/on which tag you want. And bullying players over tags is quite weird. I don't really think that would happen.

11. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I mean you've been bullied for a lot of stuff you didn't think would happen so it's not too far of a reach.

12. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I have never been bullied for the nick "Border". And I haven't had anything else.

13. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I face palmed there. I meant in general not about your /nick specifically. I'm just going to step away from this conversation.

14. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Sell them on the store make them 1or 2 colors only, example sub2pewds or becto

15. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Exactly, I don't see how someone could get bullied for a "oof" tag that is only &6oof

16. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Helper

Peepsibabe
    Helper
    tags are super annoying and make chat look like a mess. -1

17. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I've noticed a lot of these replies were based on annoying the chat. So I decided to make a bunch of fake messages as to what the chat might look like if people had tags (not saying every single person would so this is a bit of a stretch) upload_2019-4-2_21-45-15.png

In the screenshot every person has a tag, which won't clearly be the case if this were real as they would cost money to obtain (unless gotten from a crate). And quite honestly I wouldn't see this as annoying but I guess others could.

18. Eunhee

Eunhee Well-Known Member

SupremeBlackie
    God
    only gods and hudwill then i approbe +1 if so

#18 Eunhee, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  19. Eunhee

Eunhee Well-Known Member

SupremeBlackie
    God
    it be too much if 2 many players get the option to tbh if u limited it to some ranked players then yea i could agree to it - btw extra perk AND BBTW @Becto extra money maker if u know what im sayin

20. Lurf

Lurf Helper

LOAFTHELOAF
    Helper
    I think that tags could be fun if they were toggle-able, a perk for a rank, and not every color possible.