Give scammed items back

Discussion in 'Declined suggestions' started by Lohr, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Lohr

Lohr Active Member

Mr_QualityLohr
    Veteran
    If a player is scammed, the scammer is banned. Because its against the rules in order to make the server more fair for everyone. So why arent the scammed items returned? It would make it even more fair, and make it more enjoyable for everyone who abides by the rules. For instance, i was scammed out of 500k. The person was determined to be a scammer so they got banned, so why shouldnt the money be returned as well? you can just take 500k away from them and give 500k back. Im not asking for this specific instance to be returned, simply saying that all items scammed should be returned.

#1 Lohr, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  2. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Good idea +1 the scammer can wait the seven days, and still have the scammed stuff? To me that makes little sense.

3. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    That makes sense. +1

4. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    There's no guaranteed way each time to determine what was actually scammed or lost. Besides that you could basically double your items or whatever with a friend who's willing to take the ban or is on a throwaway alt account. This is sadly one of the games where returning scammed goods isn't always easy or possible. Just be vigilant in the future, if something sounds too good to be true chances are it is. It's a -1 for me.

5. Lohr

Lohr Active Member

Mr_QualityLohr
    Veteran
    Yes, but if there's specific screenshots or proof what items were lost they should be returned... and for the alt account thing, the staff could just force the scammer to return the items or face further punishment

6. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    If it's an alt account it doesn't matter if it's banned permanently. Use a vpn and a 1 cent hacked minecraft account and boom there you go. Also it is extremely hard to even create proof that would be considered sufficient screenshots don't do much and you could easily stash items in a hidden location or to someone else.

7. Lohr

Lohr Active Member

Mr_QualityLohr
    Veteran
    but how could they abuse it? staff can open other players inventorys and chests

8. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I edited my first reply but you replied fast, it's simple the same way that dupers hide their items it can be hidden, has been hidden, and we've seen it hidden on our servers first hand.

9. Lohr

Lohr Active Member

Mr_QualityLohr
    Veteran
    then the items wouldnt be returned. im saying if the items can be retrieved from the scammed by checking their inv or balance then the scammed person should get their stuff back

10. leo_10011

leo_10011 Active Member

If there is video evidence of both the items that were stolen and the person who scammed are present you then I say that this rule is fair - however, some issues with duplicating items arise. What if in between the time the scammer takes your items and the time when they are banned they manage to hide the items that they stole somewhere. If you are now given the items you lost back there are two sets of that loot in the world.

11. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    not sure why u mentioned me so much. Hidden reason i guess.

12. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Scammed items are returned when there is proof, its not like staff see proof and refuse to return items

13. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    You just have a typical generic name. Should of tried this joke when you had "Becto_" as your name, would of gotten more out of it.

14. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Scammed items are occasionally returned when three conditions are met:

1. When sufficient proof is provided in a ticket.

2. When the scammed items will severely impact the player who was scammed.

3. When we're able to remove the scammed items/money from the economy and return it to the original owner.

Most of the time, these requirements are not met and we're not able to refund scammed items. Otherwise we do our best to help players when they are met.

Edit: a week later and there are no more replies, the suggestion was answered and is already in the server, but I'm going to move it to Declined instead of Implemented because the state of the server didn't change as a result of the suggestion.

#14 Felicette, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List