fgdhsjakskajkdk

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Fgdhsjakskajkdk, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fgdhsjakskajkdk

ZdiddyFgd
    God
    Ok thank you.

2. Fgdhsjakskajkdk

ZdiddyFgd
    God
    Going off my last reply to your response, I forgot to add that the ban was a false one. Many players have been false banned by the console. I was unbanned the day after! :)

3. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Well-Known Member

Green_Fred
    Invader
    Eh its not a big deal if ur app isn't structured properly, you gave a short yet good app. I've also seen how you act on kitpvp, and for the most part you're a pretty cool dude so +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    This reply is immature and I would rather not have an applicant call out a staff member, in their own application. -1 because of this reply.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Fgdhsjakskajkdk

ZdiddyFgd
    God
    My apologies. I understand.

6. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Good guy on kitpvp. Needs structure in the application, but what he had to say was good. Neutral

7. MamaDragon77

MamaDragon77 Member

MamaDragon77
    Veteran
    I've seen you in the chats on survival, like the way you handle yourself dealing with people, super fun to play on the server with you too! I think you are a good, positive influence and the server would benefit from your help!

8. Luke!

Luke! Active Member

Lukez
    God
    -1 Reasons above

9. kelseyboys

kelseyboys Member

Aycem
    Veteran
    App was pretty good. Could have been worded a little better but got the point across. Have seen you a lot on the server and have personally seen you talking to new people and helping people out, so +1 from me.

10. w0lves

w0lves Active Member

stund
    Raider
    +1, the guy is very active on kitpvp, hes very mature around other players which should help a lot considering it takes maturity to be a staff member.

11. TitanVanguard

TitanVanguard Well-Known Member

TitanVanguard
    Veteran
    Before you read this, understand that I read through this application and I read through most if not all of the comments. I will be quoting several sentences using quotation marks. It will be colored in blue. Anything I find critical will be colored in red. I apologize if you have trouble reading through my sentences, as it is hard to maintain perfect grammar and sentence structure as a trilingual. If anyone reading this suffers from a certain colorblindness, please send me a message on Discord and I will edit this post if I am still able to do so. This post will be a quite long one, but I will try my best to cover everything I've seen.

Paragraph and Sentence Structure:

- From a first glance at the application, I see that it is just a big chunk full of words. There is a lack of
    spacing, no subtitles, and no indentation.

- After reading though it, I can conclude that there is also a massive lack of
    academic writing in your application. You stated that you attend at a university, so I believe you are more than capable of writing academically. There are also a few punctuation and grammar errors is I'm not wrong. About three fifths (3/5) of your application is mainly just information about you. Knowing all that makes me think that this was kind of a "rushed job" and clearly needs to be revised.

My Comments on the Application:

- I do not think you understand what it means to be a staff member. You stated "I would like to become staff because I have seen many players cheating with hacks, especially on kitpvp. I would like to record them and get them banned if my evidence is sufficient". Being a staff member is not all about stalking and banning people. As a staff member, you are part of the backbone of this entire server. You are there to help people in need, NOT to just punish those who intentionally disturb the peace or break the rules. Your job is to also try you best to work as a team with other staff members when they are online on the server. It's a position to be taken seriously.

- You said that you were
    "banned about two days ago by the console for hacking". Even if it was a false ban, I would still keep my distance from you for a while until I am absolutely sure that you were not actually cheating/hacking.

- I liked the information about you, but as stated above it is not supposed to be taking up three fifths of your application. Clearly
    more detail is required for everything else.

- You said
    "I mostly play kitpvp but have been playing survival lately". That is only two out of six game modes. I suggest you spend more time on the other game modes and get familiar with the people and the commands available.

My Comments Towards Your Replies to Other Posts:

- You relied to Ralph12322 saying
    "I also have been playing minecraft since 2009 and am familiar with all of the other game modes". If you look at your application, you clearly said that you "mostly play kitpvp and have been on survival lately". You contradicted yourself right there so it gives me trouble believing you. If you reply saying that you have played them on different servers, then I cannot support that reply because different servers have different commands and communities.

- You replied to Crdguy saying
    "Hey Crdguy, thanks for the feedback! I have not seen you around on the server lately". You then replied to other people after they criticized you about that statement saying "...I just find it hypocritical that he is telling me that I am not active enough when he has not been on for almost a week...".
    Those responses were completely immature in my opinion. You cannot just call out a staff member for inactivity like that, especially in your own staff application. He probably had his reasons and we will keep it that way. That is already a huge deal breaker for me.

- You replied to various people (no names given) "...You’re correct my playtime is low and I need to be more active on the forums...". You have absolutely no activity on the forums except the nine or ten replies in this thread so you should get working on that. I'll admit I do not have much activity on the forums either but I am trying my best to change that so please do not call me out for that. I have no clue about your activity on the Discord channel but seeing that you have no activity on the forums make me think that you also have none on there as well. Also there please don't call me out for my inactivity (I have my reasons and I would like to keep them personal).

Suggestions:

- Definitely
    revise your application (I'm talking spacing, punctuation, academic writing, details, etc...).

- Reply to the other players
    politely, in complete sentences, and with details if they require any.

- Do not contradict yourself. Get your facts together correctly (You are not allowed to lie on your application).

- Try your best to become active on the forums and on the Discord channel
    (Not just three words every post. Put some thought into what you write when you are on the forums).

Conclusion:

- This is in no way supposed to hurt you in any way so please don't take this personal. I'm just giving you my opinion plain and simply and trying my best to explain myself at the same time. I just do not think you're ready for such a position yet.

Judgement:

- It hurts me to do things like this but I will have to give you a
    -1. I suggest you wait the two months, prepare, and then post again if you are still interested.

If you have made it here then you have all my thanks for reading this. If you have any comments, additions, or issues with this post, don't be afraid to send me a message over discord where we can have a civil conversation about it. I do get busy a lot especially now that I have to write so many papers for college but I will still answer to you as soon as I can :)

12. DarkenedSlumber

DarkenedSlumber Active Member

DarkenedSlumber
    Raider
    Originally i had been tempted to give this application a +1 but after further consideration i have decided to give a -1 on your application, this is for the reasons stated.
    -Lack of structure.
    -I haven't seen you active in my 3 years of being on this server, though by the looks of it others have seen you before.
    -Overall you dont explain much in your application and your grammar is poorly done.
    -Your playtime may be a week which is the correct playtime required but i do recommend higher playtime before applying

13. Fgdhsjakskajkdk

ZdiddyFgd
    God
    I agree with all of this and if I’m denied will revise my application thoroughly. Thank you for the thought you put into third response I really appreciate it. I should not have called the staff out in my own app and I have apologized to both of them. What I meant by banning the hackers is most of the are on kitpvp and it takes forever for them to be banned. I understand that I wouldn’t be only banning people. Also I did mean I have played different game modes on other servers. I have been playing the other game modes on becto trying to get to know the community better. Again, thank you for this well though out reply to my app I really appreciate it! :-D

14. Fgdhsjakskajkdk

ZdiddyFgd
    God
    Thank you for the response! If I may ask could you elaborate on what I failed to answer fully? I’d like to avoid that in the future!

15. Fgdhsjakskajkdk

ZdiddyFgd
    God
    I also did not lie in any way in my application! :)

16. Tonsta12

Tonsta12 Member

Tonsta12
    Veteran
    Very nice dude and extremely anti-toxic. I know you play a good amount of kit pvp and we need a staff member who puts more time into that game mode. +1

17. Dalek10

Dalek10 Active Member

royo22
    Good mineman.

18. PlatinumPrince04

0Carl0
    VIP
    Very active player, we defiantly need someone to put more time into kitpvp. As well he has good game sense and knows when someone may be using software to gain advantages over other players.

+1

19. Dalek10

Dalek10 Active Member

royo22
    Super active player, very nice and goes out of his way to do nice things for me and other player of becto.net. He will honestly go out of his way to do favors for people and get no profit out of it, I dont know many people that would do that, but yeah I really like him, not just as a fellow mineman but as a person and general.

20. Minionator03

Minionator03 Active Member

Minionator05
    Raider
    He is very active and especially during the time when it is harder for staff to get on due to their schedules or timezone difficulties. He also helps people in chat when they ask for it.

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.