Feedback on KitPVP

Discussion in 'Implemented suggestions' started by Bas, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    I've collected some complaints, suggestions and feedback on the renewed KitPVP and compiled them in this thread. This is still up for discussion but please keep in mind that we can not cater

Proposed changes
    Confirmed changes
    Please discuss proposed changes below and you may suggest other changes.

We're also aware of some issues with the anticheat teleporting players back or getting players stuck in blocks sometimes, we will investigate and update you on the situation later.
    I don't know if there is an issue with the hit registration, because our anticheat is not cancelling any hits as of right now and while testing on my alt account it seemed to work fine.

Thanks to @w0lves, @Savox, Ruben on Discord and many others for posting detailed suggestions.

#1 Bas, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  2. False

False Well-Known Member

B1ink4Me
    I think everything here looks good bas. I can't really think of anything else to be real wit you.

3. JakePhilipak0432

Excercised
    Veteran
    1. I believe that the daily event would be fine. Just make sure it isn't broken for noobs, and not too easy for better players.
    2. XP drops need to change. Would massively help. Good suggestion.
    3. Seems kind of overdone, but I like the idea. Maybe fiddle with the execution, and I think you could have something going.
    4. 100%. Crates need to be rebalanced.
    5. Decrease the map size. Way too big.
    6. plEASE
    7. Rare envoys seem to be not as rewarding as you would hope. Please rebalance that.

All of these suggestions are really good. I would love to see KitPvp redone just a little bit more.

Really enjoying it so far, please keep up the good work!

4. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    The daily event will be something that is for everyone, i've already started working on this and it should be great but I don't want to spoil it :)

Having the unlock token will add a new item to spend your money on, which is good because there are not many ways to spend your money currently.

5. w0lves

w0lves Well-Known Member

stund
    Raider
    +1, literally agree with every proposed change, all those proposed changes would make kitpvp a lot better in my opinion.

6. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    If you have anything to add please let me know and we can discuss.
    Currently looking for more things for players to spend money on, maybe some completely new features?

7. Thorbeyonce

Thorbeyonce Active Member

LexiDiamond
    Invader
    Bas & others,

I used to play on a server (5) years ago, where u could like save up diamonds & you would be able to use them to get special things. Such as exchanging 10 diamonds for a knock back 3 stick. exchanging knockback 3 stick + 20 diamonds for jump 5 boots (or something) you can name it. It makes it not 'harder' but its more fun to actually set a goal for it as well.

Also, I see people complain about the size of the map. I agree it could be smaller. But instead of making it smaller as well you should make some kind of underground thing. Where people can run to as well. Make secret rooms underground too.

I haven't played the old kit pvp because people had OP armor there. But, I noticed there was a shady dealer there. Perhaps u should make like the underground thing with many secret rooms and in 1 room there should be something of the same sort. Something that gives u something, or lets u enchant a certain item... just name all the possibilities.

Now im pleading for the underground map, because when the map is flat as it kinda is now, there's only space for running there. When someone decides to go underground you can't run (as long as you implement enough obstacles), this creates the fighting more and perhaps people to explore a bit better as well.

Last but not least; Create more towers and rooms where people can hide/shoot arrows from, use trees to walk etc. & Make more places to jump in for people who wish to hide and not immideatly fight in the beginning.

Perhaps for the 'newbies' new people or not that high ranked under us. Create a secret room where people can come and put a sign there that gives 'better armor' then the usual kits or something.

I said last before but this time it really is....

- Create a PvP hole or something where people can fight or either be knocked in. Don't make it too big, like 8x8 or something or 12 x 12 --> Once your in you must fight until ur Last Man Standing :)

This was all.

I hope you will look into this.

Greetings

-LexiDiamond

@Bas
    @w0lves
    @Savox
    @Ralph12322

8. w0lves

w0lves Well-Known Member

stund
    Raider
    the artifact thing from last map was pretty cool and useful, maybe add that feature where artifacts drop from players and people can use them to buy custom enchants for only iron swords? nothing diamond though.

9. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Legit +1 EVERY suggestion, and do NOT add God apples, but maybe make some golden apples of the highest number for sale on the shop

10. Grand

Grand Member

grandkids12345
    God
    I disagree that you should be able to repair diamond armor. In old kit, having good diamond armor could essentially give you the ability to impose dominance upon most of the server. Ontop of being so much better geared than most, having them repairable would make it even harder for their kill monopoly to be toppled.

This was my favorite change within kit because it evens out the playing field more. It makes the focus more on pvp ability and usage of other mechanics such as pots and gapples, instead of a focus on who has the best gear or most money.

11. Sophia Hoetmer

Sophia Hoetmer Active Member

sophiamc
    Invader
    I like it all, except the fact that you can repair diamond. Exactly what Grand said is what I believe. It's now more on skill than who has the best armour. That's the way I like it, because you can kill a iron guy with your trash armour maybe, just maybe, (if you're good enough), but not with diamond.

12. Sysa

Sysa Member

Pznk
    VIP
    1. The daily event is fine, just make it so its during the peak peak hours, and so a lot of people can experience it.
    (also make it so its also able to fit in for the people who are EU / come home late.)
    2. XP drops need a for sure change.
    (we need more exp basically.)
    3. This request seems a bit weird and a bit overplayed.
    (maybe you can add a repair sign for like 1.5k?)
    4. We need this, why do you need steak in your common crates.
    (3 DIAMONDS ARE RARER THAN GOD RANK IN THE V KEY)
    5. Decrease the map size, a lot more than the proposed smaller version please.
    (with this current map, people can run away from you so easily without being trapped in corners or loops.)
    6. This would be a good addition, as for this your diamond armor doesn't break insanely fast.
    (which is weird, because I fought some guy in iron and my gear broke before his.)
    7. Rare envoys are rarer than the loot inside of them. We need a re balance on this.

These would drastically change the current form of the KitPvP.
    Sincerely -Syncronise.

13. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

TimofeyR
    God
    Repair diamond

14. Savox

Savox Well-Known Member

TheCodeMC
    God
    Point 1. I am very interested in this daily event and cannot wait to see what you add to the server.

Point 2. While an increase in EXP is needed I think that a minimum of 10 exp may be too large Potentially just have the 100% chance to gain EXP per kill but have it 5-15 or maybe even 5-20? We don't want everyone running around in full p4u3 iron constantly :)

Point 3. I think that the people saying diamond should not be repairable do not understand THAT DIAMOND BREAKS 2.5X FASTER THAN NORMAL. THIS LESS THAN HALVES THE DURABILITY OF ALL DIAMOND ARMOUR. This means that players will not be farming in diamond armour as it will break faster than they can get the funds to repair it. The repair token sounds like another good addition and i cannot wait to see it implemented.

Point 4. Completely agree but replace the regular sword with sharp 1 instead of just adding it to the vote crate.

Point 5. This map change looks amazing the map decreases in size but all of the great features are kept. 10/10

Point 6. Again a very good and necessary change. 10/10

Point 7. I feel that the rare crates do need buffed in the items they drop but if that changes they probably do not require a drop rate increase. I feel that a rare crate should be a RARE occurance but you should be largely rewarded for finding when it drops. So they do need a rework but you already know that.

Thank you for listening to our concerns and making KitPvP the great server it can be.

-Code :)

15. Savox

Savox Well-Known Member

TheCodeMC
    God
    I think the potential underground network of the map would be a fantastic addition and would love to see this implemented with possibly a trader (somewhat like a shady dealer) who maybe gave you items or special trades.
    If the villager isn't added i still think it would add a lot to the current map.
    I however feel that this shouldn't be a priority and that balancing changes should come first +1

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  16. uhsleep

uhsleep Well-Known Member

cwaire
    Invader
    i really like the idea of a daily event, i think it'd be a nice add and something fun! i saw a few people complain about XP drops so changing the xp drop chances would be nice i'm sure, although it wasn't bothering me.
    i don't think you should be able to repair diamond, what Grand said here about not being able to repair diamond is what i believe as well
    i agree with all of the crate adjustments you mentioned except for the diamond %s, i think they're fine how they are
    as for the map size, i personally really liked the size of the map, it was a nice change from the old map, i don't think it needs to be decreased any more than what you've decreased it to in the photo shown

17. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Diamond armor:
    Breaks faster than normal
    Harder to get
    Low durability as it is
    Much more worth a players time to just use iron armor, i believe that diamond armor should be improved, or removed, as it serves little purpose

18. Yuyuko

Yuyuko Well-Known Member

Weebery
    Plus
    small spawn good yes
    a

19. 0KBye

0KBye Member

0KBye
    God
    I love all of the changes but still desire for more small tweaks like allowing the potions from /kit pots and potions from the /kit pvp1-7's to stack with each other, also the golden apple 1's from kills do not stack with those received from crates or in the pvp kits.(also the shortcuts for the gang commands are currently not working /g i ect) In addition, the current state of diamond armor makes it absolutely useless, If diamond armor is going to be rare and hard to repair, then it should at least last the vanilla duration, in the current state, 1 p4 unb3 set of dia armor doesn't even last as long as a gold set, yes a gold set without unbreaking 3 lasts longer than diamond. If it is going to be rare and hard to keep repaired then it should at least be worth the work and luck it takes to gather a set. I personally think that it should take 2 durra a hit from any source weather that be dia sword or iron, and be unrepairable. this way instead of breaking at a speed of around 10-15 durra a hit by a dia sword, it actually has a performance that reflects its cost and rarity.

Kind Regards

-0KBye

#19 0KBye, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  20. DietherisCool

DietherisCool Active Member

Potion stacking