Factions [Factions] Why the Anticheat should be disabled

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BorderPlayz, Mar 16, 2019.

1. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

bordrr
    God
    Hey again everyone, I really wanted to make a suggestion as to why the anticheat should get disabled or we should get a new/better one.

I'll start off with a little QNA.

Does the anticheat actually catch cheaters: No, the anticheat does not catch cheaters. I was told by _Boogie that the version of AAC being used is 2 years old and the autoban is very horrible (that statement is supported by the amount of autobans at the start of the season). And when it comes to the logs of the anticheat I don't really think it helps either, I haven't seen 1 cheater be banned because of the logs.

Why should the anticheat even be disabled, what issues can it cause?: The anticheat (to my knowledge) is the reason for 1.8 versions being very unstable when playing on them. If you get into PvP on any version like 1.8, you can count on the fact that within minutes of fighting you will be frozen for others but on your screen you will still be moving around. That is honestly the only issue I'm aware of but I'm sure if I tested I could find others.

What other anti cheats could be added, and would it even be worth adding another anticheat: This question is more of an opinion based topic, I don't really think another anticheat should be added due to the fact that I just can't see it working on Factions. But if there were to be some other anticheat added, I have a few links to some.

AAC: (the most recent version not a 2 year old version) https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/aac-advanced-anti-cheat-hack-kill-aura-blocker.6442/

Phoenix Anti-Cheat: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/phoenix-anti-cheat.6207/

Guardian Anti-Cheat: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/guardian-anti-cheat-1-8-1-12-2.47034/

Or just a custom coded anti-cheat.

Please leave your thoughts down below whether or not the anti-cheat should be disabled or should it stay enabled.

2. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    I agree that the anticheat does need to updated.

3. BorderPlayz

bordrr
    God
    I'd also like to mention I don't just want it disabled, I would also be fine with updating it. (I forgot to mention this in the title.)

4. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Good idea takes time, time the staff may or may not have. They may be dealing with more important matters at the moment. +1

5. Sal4554

Sal4554 Active Member

1+ hes right about the frozen in pvp part, its really annoying and there's a lot of faction players themselves that can complain about this and a update/disable would be a good idea and its certainly worth the time fixing this problem and if staff are just gonna say switch to 1.12 like ive seen a lot say, what if people only have mods on 1.8 versions and not for your 1.12 versions which takes a while to download them all in 1.12

6. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    I think that there should be an anti-cheat, but that it should be updated/worked on, as a lot of false bans happen by it as well. Shaqs_burritos, nobody is saying the staff have to update it themselves, or make a custom one, simply that the currect one needs some changes. Whether that happens by doing it themselves, or adding a different anti-cheat than the one being currently used.

7. BorderPlayz

bordrr
    God
    I agree, I just hate the fact that 1.8 isn’t playable because of an anti-cheat.

8. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    The reason they say this, is because the factions server is made to play on 1.12, any problems relating to versions is not the server/staff's fault. Some of the gamemodes are on 1.8, and some are on 1.12. If you want to play on a 1.12 server than it doesn't seem reasonable to complain about it not working properly if you're not on the correct version for the gamemode.

And Border this is kinda for you too. The server is meant to be played on 1.12 :/

I know some still use 1.8 either for mods, or other advantages, but the server not working correctly when the issue is the version is kind of a problem that you can easily fix yourself

9. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    Manager
    Ivy said it perfectly. The server version is 1.12.2, not 1.8. It may have "compatibility" for 1.8.x clients to join, but that does not mean we offer support for issues that occur specifically on those versions. The anticheat is completely fine, factions does not autoban.

10. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    I am pretty sure the anti cheat has been scrapped down to just sending staff notifications now which is how it should be. To many false bans with 'console bans'.

11. BorderPlayz

bordrr
    God
    Please tell me how the anti-cheat as been helpful/successful this season. More than likely it just caused a lot of grief forcing players to switch to 1.12.

12. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    I've seen quite a few x-rayers get banned this season. I'm assuming the anti-cheat sent staff notifications. Plus, if we removed the anti-cheat it would be nearly impossible to catch players using x-ray or a hack related to that without staff constantly randomly tping to everyone on the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List