Factions Factions Suggestions:

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Rievous, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:30 AM.

1. Rievous

Rievous Well-Known Member

KINGRIEVOUS
    God
    Greetings, It is I, King Rievous the King of the North!

Here today with some suggestions for Factions as Becto prepares for the Factions Update.

Just a small list of changes I believe would spice things up a bit.

Ancient Ruins: At its core, Minecraft is a game of Exploration, and discovery. So what better way to show it then to dart the landscape with Ancient ruins, stocked with rare treasures, weapons, items, etc? For anyone who has ever played an Elder Scrolls game, you'll know how rewarding it is to find a ruin while out exploring in the wilds, and delving into its depths, to discover lost treasure, or other items of great value.

Better Koth Rewards: Koth was definitely a great addition to Factions. But as of recent, many players do not feel the need to risk their armor sets by jumping into pit for a few Rare keys. Thus you don't see many fights these days. One way to encourage players to fight to the death at Koth would be to replace the Rare keys, with Epic keys. You'd have an intense amount of competition. It would encourage a great amount of players both old and new to fight for such rewards.

Ftop1 rewards: I am under the belief that having the place on ftop1 needs to be a bit more competitive. As it currently stands, one faction takes Ftop1 and they stay there til' the end of the season. I believe there needs to be better benefits for Factions who are on the very top. Thus encouraging other factions to constantly attack and raid the Top dogs of the server. The more we encourage raids, the better.

Bounty Hunting: A simple, yet unique system. Killing a Player for their Head should offer some sort of value, to be traded off for money. Depending on the players status of course, and how popular that specific player is. Demand and Supply.

Elytras: I think we all know why they were removed originally (thanks to some..less then savory characters). But, those days have long since passed. I believe it's high time to bring the Elytra (One of Minecrafts greatest features) back into the game.

Enderpearls: Pearling into enemy claims was disables as well (Thanks to, well, you know.)
    for glitching reasons. Pearling is a necessary part of raiding, weather it be pearling into a hole in a base you just made with a cannon, or pearling out of an enemy claim to escape a fight. Disabling pearls in enemy claims has ultimately allowed Tp trappers to trap without any issue whatsoever. There has been no escape from traps since the pearls were disabled in enemy claims.

New Map: Out with the old, and in with the new I say. New Biomes are always welcome to Becto. Be it the snow filled Mountains of the North, or the hot swamplands to the east.

New Spawn: Nothing against our current spawn, but we'd certainly like to see something new, and refreshing.

Those are just a few suggestions I had regarding Factions.
    But of course, I'd love to hear your suggestions, so feel free to leave them here!

I thank you for your time, and have a Wonderful day!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I believe it better to go and fix all glitches that can be achivably fixed, create a new spawn, and work on making raiding a bigger part of factions.

3. Sophia Hoetmer

Sophia Hoetmer Active Member

sophiamc
    Invader
    Defnitely. Factions is a little bugged. I've had some glitches where I lost some stuff. Additionally, I think there should be a staff member not just for all gamemodes, but especially for factions to work out the kinks.

4. Sophia Hoetmer

Sophia Hoetmer Active Member

sophiamc
    Invader
    So funny! Always impress with your humor!!

5. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    Hello there!
    I got a few suggestion I think would make factions better and more fun for everyone!

-Remove obsidian from block worth.
    I think this is needed because people could just put alot of obsidian in one claim and get alot of ftop from it. This is annoying because it takes way too much time to break all of the obsidian by raiding it with cannons or withers. So its just way too hard to knock a faction of ftop because of the placed obsidian.
    It also sucks when you find a faction with alot of value and you find it out most of it is placed obsidian which isn't really rewarding when raiding. It would be way more fun if ftop consists out of spawner worth and chest worth because if you would raid those, you could actually do ftop damage to a faction which is what factions is all about!

-Sand gens ...
    I know people have been talking alot about these "sand gens" but I think they should still come back to factions.
    Sand gens are costum items that if you place them, slowly generate a wall made out of sand which are good for base defenses.
    Sand gens were removed in season 6 because they were lagging the server when someone spam placed them which I understand is really annoying for all the players. But Im pretty sure there are plugins that aren't lagging the server but still work as a sand gen should work (maybe make the sand gens so they go upwards instead of fall down and stack all the way up or put a limit on the amount of sand gens someone could place in a certain range).

Some people say its too easy for anyone to set up a "god base" with tons of sand walls but sand walls are not even a big deal these days and a decent raider on becto should know this. Its the "special" type of walls such as regens and stair walls that can possibly cause problems while raiding. The sand gens just make the raid take a little bit more time and are good against withers so you cant just rush in a base with just one wither.
    Also don't forgot that for people without /fly building a base will still take a long time and to help out these players a sand gen bucket will save them alot of time while building a base. I feel like in all these posts about sand gens before nobody was thinking of the people without /fly which is something we should keep in mind because factions needs to be fun for everyone and not just the kids without top rank!

Then there is still one thing that should be changed if the regens come back. I can understand it would be very frustrating if you are raiding someone and the defenders place the sand gens to patch their walls. So to deal with this there should be a thing that disables placing sand gens when enemies are near.

-Spawner drop rate while using ceggs or tnt
    This would make raiding more rewarding and not OP because with a balanced drop rate it shouldnt guarentee the spawner to drop. maybe also make creeper eggs a little bit more expensive so to balance them a bit more.

Here are a few things that should stay on factions.
    - KOTH! Cool event that sometimes creates amazing pit fights!
    - Envoys This is a great way to get loot without having a very strong faction.
    - Withers These have been on factions for a long time and should defenitly stay.

These are just a few suggestions I came up with. I might make post another suggestion when I find something else.

#5 Ralph12322, Nov 10, 2019 at 1:45 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 2:09 PM
  6. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I got a very interesting one, remove gapples? Not too much to say about it, just a random suggestion that was brought up before buy phaxxius, and I didn't like the idea then, but like it more now.

7. Faleh

Faleh Member

Agreed.

8. Snoie

Snoie Member

SquidBen3
    VIP
    i like the idea of getting rid of obby from value /block value but sand gens will generate way bigger bases witch means that some spawners should rise in f value also maybe make farms like cacti n pumpkin melons sell for more and if sand gens do come back make then either store or cost a lot of money

9. Ralph12322

Ralph12322
    God
    I like the idea to make them pretty expensive. would be more balanced I guess

10. Ralph12322

Ralph12322
    God
    idk what kind of healing you had in mind but becto is too laggy too use pots and pvp fights in water would look super weird with pots because you will have to pot on top of ur head.
    Im not a big fan of gaps too but I think its fits the best for the gear people have on becto factions.

11. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    With pots and removal of lag, you could get rid of repair tokens, allow gear to be repaired for like 10k apiece or something, because it will be less about armor breaking, and more about your pots in your inventory. Probs a few isssues with what I said including the koth eco, but we could tweak that potentially too.

12. Rievous

Rievous Well-Known Member

KINGRIEVOUS
    God

I absolutely agree with the Obby part. I HATE it when I obliterate a base and they still have millions cause of their Obby.
    I also like the rest of your suggestions, they're pretty fair and balanced.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List