Factions Factions: Season 6 Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Jetpuffed, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    As you all might have guessed already, the current Factions season is coming to a close soon, and this means the development of the next season! Time sure goes by fast doesn't it?

I'm wanting to make next season the best season yet, and to do that I need YOUR help! I want to hear all of your reasonable suggestions so I have a better idea of what the community wants.

Here's what I want to do currently:

Revamp McMMO system.
    Revamp enchantment system. (Still keeping the plugin)
    Revamp bosses/(add new bosses?)
    Add new events that occur around the map, such as a KOTH.
    Balance FTOP.
    Flat bedrock map.
    Offer webstore FTOP prizes (for season 6). If you want PayPal prizes, that's coming out of my own wallet.
    Add that [item] thing.
    Monthly key kits for certain ranks.
    Add a donator grinder.
    How do you all feel about this? Please give me your feedback and your own suggestions please! I will try and implement all suggestions that I can that gain traction!

#1 Jetpuffed, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. MildSawss

MildSawss Well-Known Member

MildSawss
    God
    All of these sound great. I think it would create even more motivation for activity on Factions. The [item] thing is always a fun one. Revamp MCMMO? Sounds like a fun challenge, I'm interested in seeing what you do.

New developments are always fun! Can't wait to see what you have in store for factions!​

3. Rievous

Rievous Well-Known Member

KINGRIEVOUS
    God
    I like what I see lol, but also Can we get like, NPC's to spawn across the map? And make those NPC's like companions that you can give them items to hold or dress them in armor and weapons?also, can we PLEASE GET SNOW BIOMES AAAAAAAAAAA

https://imgur.com/a/gpFs82n

4. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    Yo
    I like the KOTH idea, because it will create more epic PVP fights, so that would be cool to see in the next season.
    Suggestion 1: Maybe like Supply drops near spawn
    suggestion 2: Spawner drop, I know it would mess around with the Spawner pickaxes which you can get on Store/Epic/Rare or out of Bucky Crate keys.
    But I still think it would be more fun, and it would make raiding more worth it. Bucky is for many people just way too hard and not everyone is allowed to buy stuff on store.....
    Suggestion 3: As you guys were already talking about "new Boss" would be cool to see aswell.

I personally really like this Costum Enchant system, so please don't change too much. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    Some sort of warzone around the spawn, something made by a builder that'll match the theme of the next Factions spawn. possible to add some random events to that, like supply drops or random boss spawns. Imagine rare supply drops that'll only spawn if like 5 people from 2+ factions are in a certain area and they have fight turning and incredibly valuable gear/items, everyone racing to get it. Or, with the random boss, pushing a faction that's winning the battle into it to get the upper-hand.

Definitely a new Factions spawn, I'd love to see what the builders currently have planned/done but obviously that's Classified Intel™. The one that's currently here is getting a little stale.

Maybe renovate crates? I know it's time-consuming going through the config but I feel it could bring a new, refreshing feel to Factions.

As for your planned changes,
    • Revamp McMMO system
    Yes, this is needed. One suggestion to this is uncapping Axes. That way fights won't last for 80 years like in this current season.
    • Revamp enchantment system
    I'd say this is also needed, I remember a lot of players not liking Slow. And with the removal of Axes cap, Mending should be removed so gear is actually valuable and cherished.
    • Revamp bosses/add new bosses
    I don't think this is needed but it would give Season 6 a different feel and look from Season 5.
    • Add new events that occur around the map, such as a KOTH.
    I suggest two above, but ideas like these would bring so much more action into the server, and they'd be incredibly fun.
    • Balance FTOP
    Yeah, it might need a little reconfiguration to how it generates the sum.
    • Flat bedrock map
    Uhhhh, what? I have no idea what you mean by this so a little clarification would be lovely.
    • Offer webstore FTOP prizes (for season 6). If you want PayPal prizes, that's coming out of my own wallet.
    I don't recommend advertising that you'd have PayPal prizes, but webstore prizes like the previous seasons would be pretty cool.
    • Add that [item] thing
    Yeah! This was a really fun option to show off items that you had on another server I've been on. (For anyone that doesn't know, you'd type "[item]" in chat and it would show the item you had in your hand in chat.)
    • Monthly key kits for certain ranks.
    Weekly might be more appropriate, but each kit should be different and have a different delay.
    • Add a donator grinder.
    Yes! Yes! Yes! This has been needed for a long time.

6. Allehsaur

Allehsaur Well-Known Member

Allehsaur
    God
    I like the list you have so far except I need detail on the cooldown [item], the keys in the kit, and I'd like to know more about the donor grinder.

Here's some things I'd like to see changed/fixed:
    Slime cannons (piston won't push the slime block)
    Genning/water and lava glitch (can't turn lava into obby unless you're placing the water inside the lava/when placing a block right under a water or lava source block everything below that block drains unless there's more sources below)
    Money saddles (should be changed back to random money amounts instead of being told to sell the saddle)
    Change wither skull/wither skeleton egg prices
    Bosses
    I'd like to see eff 6 items back in reaper crate and prot 4 in one of the crates.
    Losing power in spawn (not sure if this is because spawn is not wilderness instead of warzone claims)
    /spawn in enemy land (/home /back and /f warp all work in enemy land so I don't really understand why /spawn is disabled)
    Mending personally I don't think mending should be removed all together or removed from armor instead I think exp bottles should either be much more expensive or removed from /shop. The only problems I can see with this are rich players that could spend a bunch on exp bottles (most of the big fac players this season have been over 1mil) and the cleric villager (not sure what can be done about trading exp bottles)
    Sweeping edge not sure why this has been glitched this season but if your sword has sweeping edge sometimes it'll delete entire stacks of mobs

If I think of more I'll add them to this list later on.

#6 Allehsaur, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  7. CaptainCommunism

CaptainCommun1sm
    Raider
    I think adding new bosses sounds great! I think you should also add dungeons to the factions server, like the survival server. Something else that should be added is /sell, even if just for donators, to reduce the time it takes to sell items to the /shop. I believe that the donator grinder should be a monster grinder that funnels all the mobs into a 10 block or so long line. I hope that the monthly key kit is included in the Raider rank an up at least because I have raider rank.

8. Boogie

Boogie Guest

I agree with mostly everything that everyone has said already. If I come up with any ideas of my own I'll post them.

9. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    All of this sounds good, but what exactly do you plan to do with the enchant system?

10. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    If only a 10th of that stuff was added to Season 5. Oh well, everything you've listed sounds good. Don't add Slime cannons though those cannons take less than 1 minute to make and would be more broken or as broken as wither is considered. Also I think this goes without saying but don't uncap axes.

11. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    Reasoning for not adding slime cannons?

12. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I thought I put that in my first post? Either way they're extremely easy cannons to make and can be thrown together in under 2 minutes and would create a more negative effect than the Wither does as it's cheaper to make in more cases than not more effective than trying to Wither raid.

Here I literally just searched on youtube for a slime cannon and found one, this video is 7 minutes long but that's because the guy doesn't shut up. Start at 3:30 where it gets fired but even at the end of this video he says you can make this in under 10 seconds.

#12 Bloopaloop, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  13. Rathakir

Rathakir Well-Known Member

Rathakir
    God
    It takes less than a minute to make a normal sand cannon with a long barrel, lots of tnt, and a falling sand at the end. No trouble at all. A sand cannon is just a different method of cannoning, and just like the other styles, it's beneficial depending on the scenario. Also, seeing as you can make a normal tnt cannon with 200+ block range, compare that to how far a slime cannon can launch tnt and sand. And as for comparing that to a wither, there's also fairly simple tnt cannons that are far more devastating than a wither. Slime cannons alone aren't some horrifying, game breaking cannon, especially not compared to wither raiding.

14. Rathakir

Rathakir
    God
    I'd also like to add that that youtuber is all about making compact and functional cannons. And i'd also like to point out that in the title it literally says the "smallest slime cannon", implying that that specific one is meant to be quick and easy. And in addition, that's taking into consideration that the person you're raiding has like...1 wall? People typically have several walls, both cobble and sand, and they also typically dont have a block halfway up the wall to land on, like there was in his demonstration, and also say you got past that single wall, those things have pretty bad range, so you're out of luck after that.

#14 Rathakir, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  15. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    You can literally type in slime cannon to find other examples if you'd like there were plenty when I searched it. Last I checked there weren't simple or normal tnt cannons that could do what you claimed, at least not that I've seen on Becto. If there were we'd see a lot more cannoning going on. There was only 1 cannon that I have seen that devastated a base or did as you said and it was from that one faction that just cactus farmed all last season, the cannon was also far from simple and he used over 5 full double chests full of tnt to do it. Let's not all forget that slime blocks are used in a large majority of exploits when it comes to minecraft be it from duplication glitches or using them to get bedrock. Overall the cons out weigh the positives when it comes to slime blocks. Also if regular cannons do everything you're talking about then whats the harm in not having slime cannons? What is their benefit to the server?

16. hobikenobi69

hobikenobi69 Well-Known Member

wulz
    God
    nerf slow

17. Rathakir

Rathakir
    God
    You should have led with the duplication thing in the first place, but there's other ways to solve that than totally removing the ability to use slime blocks and sticky pistons together, and I've also never heard of being able to obtain bedrock with a slime block, even after a search for it. But even still, as I said, they fit a certain scenario just like any other cannon. They're cheaper and more efficient for close range and small bases. And it isn't just a "claim", since you're so fond of telling me to search "slime cannons", then a simple search of tnt cannons would show that you can easily make cannons that fire within the range i told you. As for the benefit, it opens up some of the limitations set on raiding, and it would save a hell of a lot of tnt when trying to break through just a couple walls. Shooting a normal tnt cannon is also very finicky, just a single tnt added to the cannon can cause the range to fluctuate, tnt often falls within 3 blocks after being launched from the cannon, while sand continues to fly for a good 20. Slime cannons offer a more controlled and precise method of raiding.

#17 Rathakir, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  18. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    So basically you agree with me on the duplication part of slime blocks being a huge contributor exploit wise and also agree that the slime cannon is cheaper as I've said, just clarified more into that it's less tnt that a slime cannon needs which I fully agree it's a hell of a lot less but I don't consider that a benefit or pro to the slime cannon rather it a negative. As for the benefit it's basically easier to use and adds more controlled and precise method of raiding is what I'm taking from what you said. So the question here is how do the benefits out way the pros? Just the simple fact that it's commonly used in a huge variety of duplication glitches is a big enough con to not add it to the server. You claim there are other ways to solve the duplication glitches in the first place yet offer none and I'm just going to assume that the whole reason slime blocks and pistons were removed in the first place was because of duplication. It just seems illogical to add in something you know can be used commonly in duplication glitches especially with how harmful duplication glitches are to servers.

So let's say slime blocks and pistons are added back eventually in Season 6 a ton of people duplicate eventually it gets fixed without removing slime blocks or pistons problem is though the damage is already done the items duplicated already ruined the market too many people benefited from it basically ends up being a huge problem which would lead to Season 6 dying off and being as baron in population as the current Season. I feel like I should point this out but obviously this is assuming that the duplicators get banned but even then not all will be banned and since people are willing to vpn and join on 10 cent accounts just to grief by pvp hacking it's safe to assume that someone will just vpn use a 10 cent account to dupe and just pass on the stuff to their main account or just flood the server with it if their mains already banned.

Now we've seen something similar happen last season which lead to their being no Ftop prize and it was the faction FunnyFish abusing an enchant glitch to obtain 50x50 clearing pickaxes and using these to obtain a high amount of Ftop from diamonds by simply clicking once and having a full inventory of them.

Overall it's stupid to add in an item that is known for it's use in exploits especially when it can have such a negative effect on the server. Let's be honest no one wants next season to end up how this current one did so why not take the for sure safe route when it comes to a questionable item.

19. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed
    God
    I'm no expert at duplication glitches, but I believe the only dupe that can be done is the rail/carpet duplication glitch (which is why it's disabled in the first place), and that's fixed by installing a certain plugin. If this were to be implemented, do you think it would ease your concerns?

20. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Slime blocks and pistons have always had a history with duplication, the fact that it was disabled for a glitch in the past just furthers my point. Even if you add a plugin to fix this past issue of duplication doesn't mean another won't pop up. If you want to risk killing off Season 6 to appeal to a small minority of players than go for it, it's your work that's being put in and possibly completely ruined. This goes without saying but the next season is kind of a last chance as far as it goes to bring back and keep older players from factions.