Factions Season 6 opinions?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nestastic, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    This is how factions went for me:

- Join the server and created Holy
    - played with friends and p2w players
    - became number 1 as a faction
    - became number one on balance and mcmmo
    - Quickdrop dupe and get close to #1
    - Quickdrop overtook Holy on /ftop
    - Holy and Allys raid Quickdrop
    - Quickdrop quit after being raided
    - Notice half of Holy is banned.
    - Suddenly no player base
    - Hidden is alone
    - Hidden Quits

#UnbanSwahzy

2. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    can u do me a favor and make a thread where everyone posts how factions went? THIS WOULD LEGIT BE THE FUNNIEST THING EVER

3. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
  4. ib_building

ib_building Member

IB_Building
    God
    Just spent 500k tnt cannoning into base. I could not get anything because all the chests were watered. To top it off you can not even steal other factions spawners either. What a disappointment , what kind of factions is this. It’s more like survival. No reward for raiding. Just grind and sell loots

I just don’t understand this concept and really believe this really needs to be changed.

What do you think?

5. swat243

swat243 Banned

swat255p
    My opinion : Players want to play normal minecraft, with simpley faction on and not a messed server with a garbage terrain.

1.use the default minecraft terrain, believe me, it's the finest you can get. The becto terrain is a wannabe fantasy(= Ugly), just get back to the nice roots and don't waste the terrain, because it's a repulsive for minecraft(Believe me, having the default terrain keeps much players here, the newbies).

2. The spawn is messed, just get a simple spawn with a good overview.

3. Remove the pvp area at the spawn, faction isn't to fight in areas, it's to raid others bases and to build one(I just remember 2012, how nice it was and today garbage)

4. Ban creeper spawners and TNT & gun powder and Creeper eggs from the shop. -> too much TNT, people only can build block bases out of Obsidia, which isn't factions, faction is to raid masions, houses. TNT shouldn't be something usunally, which you get in unlimited amouts from the shop. Creeper eggs are like a explosion on click, in the past we searched for a creeper, to follow us, until the door/chest reached to kill the members inside and to overclaim them.

2012 were factions amazing, but bad was, that TNT and fire were banned, the best would it be, to find the middle, don't sell these kind of stuff in shop, but allow it, to get it natural.

5.Ban the OP enchantments like excavation or luck mining and bring back the Job plugin, which to compared like in WOW to level up and i guess, that much players are required, that the donars have food to kill, but thanks, that the TNT, creeper eggs sells in shop are banned, can the newbies hide, expect the raider crafted some TNT.

6. Get more mobs, i don't know were the server is hosted on, but the mobs are really less, as on the windows 10 minecraft version.It isn't comparable, if you play offline , were all the zombies comin to you.

I speak for all non-donars here, but i guess, that the OP players can't comprehend, what i mean. Imagine you build a house and some donor-jerks across and blow you house up, because TNT is like free. Make explosions something special, to get back to the roots, real bases(Nice houses, masions and all) and not deep undergrounded obisida bases with water suround.

6. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    None of these fit with how Becto is made. You seem pretty set on having a faction server like this so why not make your own?

7. swat243

swat243 Banned

swat255p
    I really think about it, to make my own server in 1-2 years, if i have the time for it :) It just were the view, from a non-donor player, currently i don't play any minecraft, but if a server(factions) only has 20-30 player, is there something wrong.

8. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    Honestly the factions gamemode in general has *kinda* died down over the past couple years iand there's really only a few big servers if you want more than 40-150 players. Becto factions dying out quickly was a product of too many bugs, changes that the community disagreed with, and players who break the rules not getting banned imo.

9. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    You're back ;-;

10. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Crazy suggestion time
    1) disable withers, so raiding and cannoning takes skill
    2) Make all spawners minable, aka make raiding profitable
    3) keep sand gens disabled
    4) make a spawner crate, and make spawners be sold in /shop, ie blaze, iron golem, creeper, ghast, enderman
    5) make heads drop from all mobs, and the heads be worth a certain amount to sell ie creeper 50 iron golem 100
    These are random desperate suggestions to see if we can make factions fun again
    #factions 2020, make factions great again

11. swat243

swat243 Banned

swat255p
    Just watch the beauty of the default terrain :

12. swat243

swat243 Banned

swat255p
    I began to play minecraft in 2012 and the faction servers were very good there(except TNT & fire ban). Players stay on a good server, but i see, that much newbies leave 4ever. The default terrain isn't beatable, or cool would it be, if we would have a flat land(With (Normal)trees and all), but on the height 64 + all oceans. every faction, which has a farm or a OP pick can afford very very much TNT and this isn't good for the server, the best would it be to ban all the TNT stuff in shop, also the creeper eggs(Search a creeper to follow you), creeper spawner from key. All gun powder need to get from killed creepers.

" and players who break the rules not getting banned imo ", we should think about it, to let cracked clints join, the hacker density will be equal, as bought versions. the terrain from becto is like the ussr, it isn't beaty at all and i don't think, that newbies will like it, just get back to the roots.

13. swat243

swat243 Banned

swat255p
    Make minecraft great again ! make minecraft great again !

14. swat243

swat243 Banned

swat255p
    Short:

1. default terrain

2. ban gun powder, tnt, creepers eggs from the shop(all resources need to get natural from a killed creeper) + ban creeper spawners from the epic keys.

3. don't mess the spawn, keep it simple and nice.

4. ban pvp areas from the spawn, it's factions and not kit pvp.

5. remove excavation and bring us the jobs back ! job plugin -> WOW effect, peoples stay to lv. up

6. perhaps a / warp wild plattform, were the players can claim 20 blocks away from it, to build there their bases, would be good, to focus much players on a point -> very good and peoples like it and stay.

The atmosphere is very important, the first impression decides, if a player leave or stay. A nice clean spawn and no kit pvp areas at the spawn and a nice point to battle at /warp wild, ther ahead faction will claim very close to it, other try to raid it.

#34 swat243, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  15. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    @swat243 didn't you get banned for ranting on the terrain? It is perfectly fine, get an excavation 1 pick, and build your base down to bedrock. The terrain does not matter. It is factions, also koth is important for factions, but next map they should create a warzone, under the spawn, with lots of cool stuff, like koth,blood bath, and maybe hordes. Tbh, factions is about large bases, not hiding under trees like in the 2012 factions.

16. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    Honestly the obsidian biomes are way too overpowered. If you have an eff 50 it's pretty much game over. I believe they should be removed or scaled down by a lottttttt

17. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Just claiming them is OP

18. monkaKnife

monkaKnife Well-Known Member

monkaKnife
    God
    This has to be the worse suggestion you've ever made, and there are some really bad ones, you don't play factions so let me break down these terrible suggestions.
    1) anyone can use schematica to make a cannon, or look up and youtube video to copy one and press a button. Yes schematica isn't allowed but no one is checking so people are going to use it. If you think withering takes less "skill" than cannoning you've never played factions and lack an understanding of how raiding works.
    2) Doesn't work, Jet has tried this. But if you think that making raiding profitable will fix the problem that there are no bases to raid cause the player base is 10-15 players then again you don't know what you are talking about
    3) I agree with you, but it's not a suggestion because it's already in the game. I don't know why this is on your list
    4) Well, where do I start with this one? For starters, there are no ghast or enderman spawners on the server. Secondly, money is very easily obtainable on becto, which you probably didn't know considering you don't play factions, this would lead to players not even needing to make bases to protect their spawners, they'll just place them unclaimed in the wild. This would lead to a decrease in "profitable raiding" which you think will revive the server somehow.
    5) I really don't know how this is going to make factions fun, mobs already drop heads but they are useless.

When making suggestions, maybe you should actually play on the server instead of just making idiotic suggestions that contradict each other. I know you're trying to get that post count up but people might actually take your ideas seriously that also have never played factions before and this would ruin the server.

19. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    I feel like adding spawners to /shop wouldn't be a *bad* idea if they found a way to balance out how much the spawners cost and how easy it is to get money.

20. strXker

strXker Well-Known Member

strXker
    Invader
    Don't put the cart before the horse. Ask yourself why people play. What is the endgame for your players?

Nearing the end of s4, Klan (with Bloop) had everything. Stack of blaze spawners, near unlimited money, and the best base on the server. You know why they kept playing? Everytime I see Bloop on, he'd be grinding his axe mcmmo. Then the next season you idiots cap mcmmo. Why would he play s5?

Nearing the end of s4, Flufflepuff (with me) had everything. A few dozen chests of diamond blocks, tnt, and spares of god items to go around for days. Oh, and a liquidated worth that was unheard of at the time. Literally unlimited money. Our endgame was ftop, with the prize money that came with it. I wonder if that list of ftop winners was ever released.

Mid s4, Hidden was the richest player on the server. He flexed his /bal epeen at literally every opportunity and well, good for him - he earned it. /bal gets broken, and all of a sudden what's the point in playing if you can't show everyone how good you are?

We play for the approval for others. We want compete against other players, we want chat shit when they lose, to bask in glory when we win.

Make leaderboards mean something. Monthly ftop prizes, honorable mentions for fortnightly mcmmo gains. Feature impressive bases and impressive raids on the home screen. Most importantly, there must be a goal every player is striving to achieve that is always, just barely, out of reach.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List