Factions Season 6 opinions?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nestastic, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Nestastic

Nestastic Well-Known Member

wafe
    God
    I usually review the Factions seasons after they've finished, however, this time I'll share my opinions, and ask for yours mid-season.

I want to start off talking about the player count. The season first kicked off with over 100 players online. Becto had used bots in the past, however, these were legit players. Only a little over a month has passed, and there's currently 20-30 players online. I'm personally not sure what caused the players to be driven away. I'd guess it would be due to server lags and the large amount of bugs this season.

I'd also like to talk about the new things this season. I like the new envoys and king of the hill events. They give something more to do on the server, and add a positive experience. They're fun improvements.

Sentimental has been one of the most controversial things this season. Some players want it removed, others want it to stay. Jetpuffed has recently changed Sentimental to be percentage based, rather than a 100% guarantee chance. My only problem with the percentage based solution is that Sentimental can get really expensive to upgrade. I would like Sentimental (as well as RetainEXP) to be lowered in token price by a little bit. Rather than the 1200 tokens Sentimental 1 costs, I'd say maybe 950 would be reasonable.

Again, there's been tons of bugs this season and they've ruined the experience for some players. Jetpuffed has been altering the custom enchantments and other factors to make PVP more balanced, but there would always be something wrong in the end. I'm not completely sure, but as of right now, I think PVP is pretty balanced.

I do believe some work could be done to improve, however, I do not know much about coding or server development, so I can't say what exactly could help.

What are your thoughts on this Factions season?

2. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    I believe your post is right on, the bugs have been killer this season (literally) but they seem to be working out over time. I like a lot of the new changes.

3. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Overall a revamp of factions was needed but with so much change comes a lot of bugs with it. A few changes really hurt the season such as commands or enchants. As someone who participated in the beta for season 6 I can say not much was tested or at least in my opinion. I remember when I logged into the beta and asked how much money and enchant tokens we'd get to test everything and people started chewing me out when I tried to discuss with Jetpuffed why we should get them. Anyways the beta for factions wasn't that much of a beta it could be summed up to being a 2 week faction season as you had to play it normally. Easily though the amount of buttons everywhere is probably the main cause of players quitting and I don't blame them.:XD:

4. Nestastic

wafe
    God
    I wasn't apart of the beta, but I do agree with everything else you've said.

5. ib_building

ib_building Member

IB_Building
    God
    I personally think that you should get rid of the wither and force people to cannon. Isn’t that what factions is about. What do you think?

6. Nestastic

wafe
    God
    I used to agree with removing withers, but I don't mind withers much anymore. They're fine to stay in my opinion.

7. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Withers aren't that big of an issue, I'd say about 80% of players don't know how to do it properly, 10% kind of know how to but not that well and then there's the other 10% that knows in the ins and outs of wither raiding. So for a majority of players will default towards cannoning and it's significantly harder to stop a cannon raid than it is a wither raid.

8. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    I never play season 6 sorta seemed like to many glitches and other issues, but I understand staff tried to make everything good for everyone

9. Eunhee

Eunhee Well-Known Member

FatAfrican
    God
    6 players and thats when its at its peak

10. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    7 if u count my alt

11. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

NessFire
    Invader
    To be fair the player base can reach up to 30 on a Sunday which is more than season 5 had because there was a 3:1 bot ratio.

12. Green_Fred

Green_Fred Well-Known Member

Green_Fred
    Invader
    It had a high amount of players for 2-3 weeks, and now 15 players is its high

13. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    I mean, lookin the same everywhere else except skyblock.

14. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    many people lost their p2w loot because of the senti glitch which could make them quit
    some of them spent alot of money on those items and lost it becuz they died and lost it

also, .. it might just be me tho but because of the removal of sand gens ... no one wants to build a proper base anymore cuz it just takes too much time to make a base with sand walls (cobble stone walls just don't do the job) and without bases to raid ... faction players get bored cuz they just dont have a base or dont have a base to raid which could get them bored.

15. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Sand Gen buckets should of never been allowed in the first place. You can make an extremely good base without even using sand. It is true that sand is better than most blocks for most situations as far as base defense goes however it should be hand placed and not gened in. Sand gen buckets gave any faction with a decent amount of power and half a brain the ability to make extremely hard to raid bases. It also doesn't help that you can just start placing gen buckets while you're getting raided and literally stop a raid from just that.

16. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    what kind of walls do you suggest can be just as good as sand walls against withers and cannons?
    please tell me.

17. Damocles

Damocles Member

Anvil walls

18. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Anvil walls gotta be expensive.

19. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    While I do think that gen buckets (for sand) should be a thing, maybe something could be changed to it that wouldn't allow you to place them if an enemy is within X amount of chunks/claims so they can't be used to stop raids. Anvil walls are good, but they are very hard and expensive to make, and without a proper wall first, how do you expect people to fund a good wall if their base or farm constantly gets raided?

Making a good base, with hand placing sand is very boring and it's not exactly fun. I believe that if this continues barely any new bases will be made, and that less people will play because of how annoying making sand walls is.

20. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Gen buckets as a whole made faction players spoiled especially sand gen buckets. It is in no shape way or form hard to make a base that is extremely good without gen buckets. We've seen this in previous seasons the only difference is it takes time and you need to implement different building techniques besides hur dur sand wall. What sand gen buckets did was give any faction with 200 or more power the ability to build monster bases that will take the average player hours and hours to raid and that's assuming the faction they're raiding isn't online at the time. Take season 5 for instance Klan's first base consisted of 0 anvil walls and 0 sand walls it was unable to be successfully raided with just properly placed obsidian core and cobble stone walls that were properly watered and a trenched out exterior. (It did get overclaimed but never successfully raided and the overclaim wasn't due to us getting killed to have lower power) Anyways that base was so basic yet everyone was unable to raid it.

If the goal is to promote more pvp and raiding than sand gen buckets are the furthest thing you want in the server. It's been shown and proven time and time again that even without sand gen buckets it's difficult to raid a proper base. With the addition of sand gen buckets you basically gave everyone the ability to make monster bases that will take hours upon hours to raid over a base that could get made in under 1 hour. Placing sand or using anvil walls in the past was a deterrent on being raided, you basically had to make the decision if the base was worth your time and if you'd profit from it. Now that decision is being made for you 90% of the time with sand gen buckets as the time it would take at a chance of profit is just ridiculous. The only current reason to raid someone is out of spite or a grudge that's why you see no raiding occurring unless the faction quit or was banned. I thought the whole idea of factions was raiding and pvp but in those regards we've taken steps backwards in achieving those as far as raiding goes. Something that's also constantly overlooked is the new players for them sand gen buckets are too expensive and looking at every base with a ton of sand walls is a huge deterrent. We're constantly trying to conform to what veteran players think they want all the while ignoring the massive impact these changes make on new players. This has been a serious problem and is why we can't keep any new players on the server it's just too catered to the veteran players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List