Factions Reset

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bas, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    Hi all!

The winter season on Factions is about to come to an end and it will make place for the spring season!

The upcoming season will have some fundamental changes to Factions in an attempt to solve long overdue issues. I'm not spoiling anything yet until the reset except for these keywords: Grinding, Enchanting, PVP Arena, Armour sets. You will find another news post just before the release which includes all information... look out for that.

We will not end this season with the event that many of you may know called "The Purge".
    This is simply due to the fact that we can not guarantee the event to go on without any bugs/glitches/lag or endless final fights (that last hours). Especially given the amount of players active on Becto right now. It just wouldn't provide the experience we are looking to give our players.

The reset is scheduled to happen upcoming wednesday (the 8th of April) around 5:00 PM GMT+2 (Amsterdam timezone) (https://time.is/GMT+2)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  2. Meddi

Meddi Builder

Meddi
    Builder
    nice

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Axiqm

Axiqm Mod

Axiqm
    Mod
    yay

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothie_
    Invader
    Great, (I was getting ready for purge ;-;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Overdrive3198

Overdrive3198 Member

FuzzyFoxyBoi
    now i can survive more then 5 minutes in factions, yay

6. jasannnnn

jasannnnn Active Member

venusssss
    Ultra
    I don't play factions but looking forward to it nonetheless!

7. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    Not a good thing to announce no purge tbh. Lets just hope in return iBass implements new features and fixes many bugs and glitches.

8. Hakman

Hakman Member

splishysploshy
    God
    What about f top payouts??

9. yostrafe

yostrafe Mod

YoStrafe
    Mod
    sweet!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Canicks

Canicks Well-Known Member

Fqleh
    God
    F top payouts? I think thats only fair if no purge..

#10 Canicks, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  11. Mju492

Mju492 Well-Known Member

InjectHacks
    God
    This is a huge decision made by staff and I think it shouldn't even be done by the staff. This is actually a huge let down for the factions players because the entire season is built upon the fact that there is going to be a purge and final fight to see who the top player is on the server. (coming from a previous purge winner) This is actually very disappointing to see and I think that it could make the factions server to completely crash and burn and give the factions players no point or reason to play factions. This is one of the top events on the whole server and to just take it away from the players that look forward to it all season. I have just won the last purge and it is a great way to keep the players occupied and want to keep playing consistently. taking this away so nonchalantly thinking that it won't affect the players on the server is very wrong. The purge is a very fun and action pact event on factions and having this event wouldn't do anything wrong for the server. I don't know why you would take this away because it is only a web store payout and is earned by surviving hours in pvp so it is well deserved. Im not sure why you would take this away and think it is a horrible idea overall and hope you make a decision to keep factions players active by adding something worth the time of me and my fellow factions players, maybe think to implement a ftop faction payout. I dont know what your planning to do but for the sake of factions as a whole I hope it is a good idea. Also being in a call with the top players on factions and some of the best players that have played factions ever, many of us are trying to decide if we should stay or leave because there is no reason to push for #1 anymore, this is just a suggestion and I hope you guys listen and show some love to factions

For the sake of factions
    -Mju

#11 Mju492, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  12. uhsleep

uhsleep Well-Known Member

cwaire
    Invader
    yay!! v exciting and i'm hoping to play next season with friends : )

13. SnoieV2

SnoieV2 Member

Stevecreeper64
    God
    Snoi not happi

14. Canicks

Fqleh
    God
    I agree with the whole thing. I feel like staff do not put enough effort into factions. (My opinion) I feel like staff is not caring about faction enough. Even if it's an old game mode a lot of people still play and enjoy it including me. I'm truly really disappointed about not having purge. Many people grinded so much for purge. I missed the last one and I was hoping to at least be in this one but I come to find out its canceled for what reason? For glitches, lag? And an endless final fight. That could be easily solved with an increase with strength. Like I said earlier there should at least be an F top prize because so many people have grinded for this. If becto isn't going to do purge at least do an F top prize. People earned it. Everyone who played this season earned those prizes. It doesn't affect the staff to have a purge. It affects the players, the fun in the server, the motivation to keep playing. Not doing a purge affects the player count. Us factions players need more staff investing in this server. I wanted to make the purge and next season better than the last. If it needs more time you could tell us. We don't want becto staff to rush things, we want it perfect. If you were to do more events and put more time and effort into factions, maybe players would like to play more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Mju492

Mju492 Well-Known Member

InjectHacks
    God
    I agree with this and think that these are all great points too.

16. Orca9000

Orca9000 Active Member

Orca9000
    God
    No Purge!?!? Well, I hope those of you factions players enjoy the reset I was only really in it for the purge I myself prefer survival :)
    PS : Snoiiee if you see this, Come find me, I want to return the god leggings I only had them for the purge, but that's not happening. Also sorry if i spelled your name wrong.

17. Canicks

Fqleh
    God
    Snoie or Xnoi.

18. Mju492

Mju492 Well-Known Member

InjectHacks
    God
    I don't think any of this is true accept for the season 1 and 2 purges being very fun. You are talking from a whole different perspective than many other factions players given the fact that you personally don't like the purges and aren't much of the "pvp type" like many of the other factions members. I still think that taking the purge event from us is a huge let down and staff should try to find a way to have a purge with a payout or another similar event to keep factions players occupied and having fun.

19. Canicks

Fqleh
    God
    Also, people worked hard for this? No F top payout? Please tell me what the point of playing this season was for? Was it for fun? It didn't seem like fun because all that grinding, pulling all-nighters, raiding for 12 hours, were worth nothing. It was taken away. The F top factions should at least be awarded something. They worked hard. I know everyone worked hard to get on F top this season. At least the top 5 factions, including BobRoss should get a payout!

20. DietherisCool

DietherisCool Well-Known Member

We do
    n't enjoy
    Im saying this to the people who worked hard in factions to win purge and to get the payout, so all the hard work we have done meant nothing because there is no purge, maybe this could be replaced by something else? Like f top payout. Because this seems unfair to the people that play factions.