Factions [Factions] Remove Sentimental

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BorderPlayz, Mar 18, 2019.

1. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Sentimental is an enchant that has faced a few problems this season.

For starters, at the beginning of the season there was a bug with sentimental where sometimes it would work and other times it wouldn't. This resulted in many cases where a player would purchase an item from the webstore and would most likely end up losing it in PvP. I'm not 100% sure if each player received their item(s) back.

A little bit later down the line after the sentimental bug was fixed Jetpuffed changed sentimental to a percentage based chance of getting your item back (Senti 1 10%, Senti 2 20% etc...) but this change took a while to happen. For a few weeks, sentimental was 100% even if your gear had sentimental 1 (which should've been 10%) you would always get your item back.

All of these glitches have been fixed and sentimental is now working properly, so why do I want it removed? Let me tell you.

I have been seeing people complain and complain about losing gear with sentimental 1 or 2 since the sentimental change came while others some how don't. I also noticed how sentimental has became a token trap ~ Bloopaloop. Which is my main reason, the only real way to guarantee you 100% chance (or even a 70% chance) of your item back is to either
    1. Buy a God Set/Item
    or 2. Grind for 10+ hours just for 1 item and 1 fight (presumably)

I think that removing sentimental would fix some of these issues...

2. Eunhee

Eunhee Well-Known Member

SupremeBlackie
    God
    it just havent been fixed

3. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    I would buy no god sets if theres no sentimental, if sentimental is removed that would mean 1 dumb death and a 16 Dollar set is gone. No thanks im good

4. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    I've been wanting to remove it entirely, but I know the majority of the community would respond negatively to it. I will try and remove it completely next season, or even this season if there's enough support for it.

5. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I didn't say remove it from store sets. I think keeping sentimental for store items only would be appropriate.

6. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Have to agree with Swahzy on this one. There would be no more Gsets purchased and perhaps alot refunded if sentimental is gone. Too much risk to losing your items. Store sets should have a way of keeping them after dying Even if it is only for a few deaths.

7. Jorbar

Jorbar Member

Hansibar
    Veteran
    Move that sentimental!! Move that sentimental!! Move that sentimental!! Move that sentimental!!

8. Eunhee

Eunhee Well-Known Member

SupremeBlackie
    God
    yea its kinda stupid if u were to remove senti id recommend adding mending again cause there should be a way to keep it since u cant repair it in pit or sumn idk hwo to explain what im thinking but it is very expensibe

9. Eunhee

Eunhee Well-Known Member

SupremeBlackie
    God
    wtf am i saying

10. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Just add repair tokens which work in pvp. Jet said he would ADd them bUT nEVer Did

11. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    Instead of removing it, it should be reverted to the way it was before.

12. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    That would make the server even more p2w. If you're going to remove sentimental remove it everywhere.

13. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    It should most definitely not be reverted. Prior to the % chance of dropping change you could literally keep any piece of gear still for the whole season. The reason I say this is because if you know you can't win a fight or you're stuck in cobwebs in the pit and know your armor will break you just take it off die and respawn with it all again.

As for those advocating that players wouldn't buy God sets anymore if there wasn't sentimental well fact of the matter is you're wrong. We see players buying new sets just to get another helmet. The players that buy the sets are doing so for an advantage and that's what they get. Even if they've never purchased a god set off the store they're still hell bent on keeping the item they traded for ingame and that's the problem.

What people can't adjust to or want to is change. This current season was made with clear intent to be different from other seasons. The goal of not having players sit in 1 set of armor for the whole season was clearly laid out before the season even came out. When sentimental was changed to a percent chance of dropping it was clear that the intent for doing so was to decrease maxed items in circulation.

The problem we see now is you have new players joining and falling for the enchant trap that is sentimental. Most likely they don't have access to the donator grinder, some not even the members and although it's true that obtaining enchant tokens is easier it doesn't shy away from the fact that a newer player will still take over 10 times as long or longer to obtain the same enchants on an item that a donator has. Then when they lose that after placing sentimental 1 on their item and it usually ends in frustration, a reported issues forums post or them quitting.

We've seen how previous seasons have gone, and this season is meant to be completely different. Change is necessary and with so much change comes other fixes that have to be made. I'm sure there are players who just want to play with their friends in their faction with all their shiny things and play factions like it's survival but for what I hope is a majority of players don't want that. You remember the end of season 4 and anything after the first couple of months of season 5, let's not let season 6 turn into what they did.

It's a +1 from me to completely remove sentimental. We've addressed the issues veteran members or rank holders have had we now need to focus on making it more friendly towards newer players.

14. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    Bloop just summed it up, thanks bloop.

15. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    I’d also like to mention that everyone posting is ranked. It would be cool to hear from non-ranked/new players.

16. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Make it so sentimental is upgrade only to 1 which is 100% to work and make it 50k tokens to decrease the amount of protected items.

17. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    That’s literally pretty much reverting it but increasing the price. NO PLS

18. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Just wanted to throw out the suggestion

19. Swahzyy

Swahzyy Well-Known Member

Swahzy
    God
    aint nobody tryna get a non-god set
    had to stop reading after the first paragrah, you don't even play becto anymore. I rarely see you online. If senti is no longer a thing I would bet 1000000 dollars that less god sets would be purchased. Just think about it for a minute.

20. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    My lack of activity doesn't mean I'm wrong, although I'm not on everyday like yourself I still log in and am active in the community on what's going on, drama, and changes to the server.

If you had read the second paragraph in my first post it has the answer to your reply. I'll sum it up for you though in a way you can understand. People will always seek out an advantage in this case a god set, it's like how you continued to hack after your first initial ban. Just think about it for a minute.