Factions Purge Season 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Bas, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    [​IMG]

This Factions season is already coming to an end and it is time to announce our seasonal event that comes with the reset of Factions.

Over the past few months Becto has been more popular than ever before and that calls for a better event than ever before.. we have made some huge changes to how the purge will work this season opposing to how it worked in the previous seasons, this time around it will be a more competitive event with a bit less chaos and a great reward for the winner.

This is how it will go down... the entire event will last for 1 hour, seperated in 4 stages:
    The first 30 minutes all Faction claim protections will be disabled, meaning you can finally steal all those items from that large Faction you were never able to raid... or this could be the time for you to defend your beloved base to prevent others from getting your items! This will also be the time to get your best items from your base, because you can no longer access it later.
    The next 15 minutes the world border will come closing in until it is around the spawn area.. it is not wise to die during this period because you might not be able to get new items from your base for the final fight. Spawn will be a safe area during this time.
    The next 5 minutes will be a short pause... time for everyone to get together with their friends and factions to prepare for the final 10 minutes of the final hour! Teaming is allowed so be careful!
    The final 10 minutes. This is the most important part of the event this season so pay attention. Exactly at the final 10 minutes mark PVP will be turned on everywhere, there are no places to hide! If you die during these last 10 minutes you will respawn in spectator gamemode meaning you can not get back into the fight, so be very careful on what you do. Nobody can join the server during these final 10 minutes.
    The last man standing will win $250 (webshop coupon)
    Any players stalling (not fighting) if they are the last people alive will be disqualified from the event.
    A few things to note during the final hour
    • Teaming during the purge is allowed
    • mcMMO will be enabled but all abilities will be disabled
    • The End and Nether worlds will be disabled
    • Players caught hacking during the purge will be PERMANENTLY banned
    • You will not be able to fly
    • Players who are hiding in underground places at spawn (somehow) are disqualified
    • The Mob Arena will be disabled
    We have implemented a new style /factions top command showing the REAL top factions based on a lot of different values... how many money they have, how many spawners they have in their claims, how many blocks and items they have.
    The top 3 factions (from /f top) will also be rewarded with webshop coupons. $40 for number 1, $20 for number 2 and $10 for number 3. These rewards will be increased next season so work on your factions base to win that extra prize next season.

The event will take place this saturday (30 September) at 3:00 PM GMT or 15:00 GMT.
    England: 4:00 PM or 16:00
    The Netherlands/France/Germany/Norway/Sweden: 5:00 PM or 17:00
    New York/Florida: 11:00 AM
    California: 8:00 AM
    I've added a timer in the scoreboard on Factions that counts down to the purge.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. 04Zack04

04Zack04 Member

4DRZackIsGay
    VIP
    this looks sick

3. raxton22

raxton22 Member

Raxton_
  4. MrSwaggyPanda

MrSwaggyPanda
    SrMod
    Good luck to all that will be participating in the purge!

5. BrandonHNL

Jetpuffed
    SrMod
    Thanks for the announcement!

6. Warrior356

Warrior356 Well-Known Member

Warrior356
    Invader
    You made the purge into a battle arena then just a free for all have fun etc...

You killed 'Purge'. Teaming allowed how is that fair?

7. Sinyk

Sinyk Well-Known Member

Sinyk
    Veteran
    This seems exciting...wish I was a pvp'er. Awesome prize!

8. PolarMc

PolarMc Member

PolarMC
    VIP
    Honestly Can't wait Good lucky to all<3:clock:.

9. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    good luck losers <3

10. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    This is on the Factions server, Factions is a team gamemode and you can win the grand prize and share it with your team if you wish. This makes the server reset competitive and something to look out for, something to build your team up for during the season. If you're a solo player you haven't really been playing Factions a whole lot.

11. Warrior356

Warrior356
    Invader
    I know what Factions is. I ain't new to the server started only Factions remember? What i am trying to say it should be a fun ending not a 20 vs all the server just respawn run around laugh etc not competitive till the end. Come on and the price 250$? How will they team if only 1 person gets it? "You gotta be dumb to team"

12. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
  13. Flavourful

Flavourful Well-Known Member

flav0urful
    God
    good luck to everyone !!(^^^)

14. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    "Factions is a team gamemode and you can win the grand prize and share it with your team if you wish." - Bas

15. PatjPlayz

PatjPlayz Active Member

SaregentSausage
    God
    Woah, I can’t wait till the 30th! Good luck to all! Although my plans relied on that 500k that we got last season.. but I’ll still put up a fight. I think the $250 is a great way to get your new faction up and running!

16. Scaj

Scaj Well-Known Member

Good Luck to everyone competing!

17. PatjPlayz

PatjPlayz Active Member

SaregentSausage
    God
    Hello iBasss, the score board and the GMT time shows 2 different times. Is one of them wrong??

18. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    Thank you for letting me know. The time is 3 PM GMT (15:00 GMT) on Saturday, the timer is being a bit weird. I'll try to fix it.

19. Warrior356

Warrior356
    Invader
    What if they wanna buy ranks for each other? A quick suggestion, why don't you activate a plugin 5 min before to create a group "a gang or what ever" and the leader gets 100$ and the rest of his team mates get 30$? Or when its just that group you disband that gang and watch them fight to death?

20. xXKazuroXx

ChewingCrayons
    SrMod
    Good luck to all those competing in the purge event.