Click to Copy IP
  • Factions Factions Enchantments

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    I'm sure you're all aware that the enchantments on Factions are unbalanced and increase damage way too much. I would like to collect information in this thread about those enchantments so we can go forward and fix the issues to rebalance PVP on the Factions server.

So here's my question for you: which enchantments should be rebalanced? And how?

Current log
    EnchantmentIssueFix
    Deep BleedOverpoweredNerf
    Master BlacksmithRepairs way too much durabilityRebalance the durability gain
    ExperienceBarely gives any experience boost whilst miningIncrease the experience gain
    DetonateOnly works sometimes?
    Atomic DetonateWeird unexpected behaviour?
    Jelly LegsSpams the chat with messages when falling 3+ blocks?

Last edited:

Shaymin-Sky

Reactions
    Deep Bleed - Definitely Deep Bleed needs to be nerfed, possibly just removed all together as I don't think it could honestly be balanced without it being useless. People can still just use the balanced version of Deep Bleed, which is Bleed.

A lil' rant here- There's a lot of enchants, roughly over 100, and some of them are actually just plan useless, like featherweight which per hit has a chance to give you haste if you're holding the sword by the way, or drunk which is pretty much an copy of another enchant that i've forgotten the name of that's an unique tier (there's also a lot of these duplicate enchants that's just under a different name), or leadership which I'm pretty sure doesn't work I think? (same with epidemic carrier and a couple of others that are also useless) Some of the enchants like these should just be removed all together since it seems like getting exp will be harder this season since we'll all have less spawners. Overall I think the enchantment system should be simplified.

I'd like to see an custom enchant made for soul gems, as they are useless and can't be used for anything. Perhaps an enchant that gathers the souls and then repairs the armor?

Master Blacksmith- Last season, someone needed their armor repaired because it was lower than 25% durr and they wanted me to hit them a couple times. When they stated a couple times I didn't think it would take 8 hits for their armor to be almost full durr. Not sure if it was over exhausted by the person but if this enchant is capable of repairing armor that fast I think it deserves to be nerfed.

Experience- Supposedly the mining version of inquis, you'll end up wasting time and money while buying pickaxes to mine with than just buying exp and get 100x the amount. Using Experience 4, with 5 being the max, barely gave me any exp at all. I'd like to see this enchant buffed even though it being a simple tier, it shouldn't be this inferior.

-Yeha, I'm not really familiar w/ this enchantment system so take everything I say with a grain of salt...

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    Deep Bleed - Definitely Deep Bleed needs to be nerfed, possibly just removed all together as I don't think it could honestly be balanced without it being useless. People can still just use the balanced version of Deep Bleed, which is Bleed.

A lil' rant here- There's a lot of enchants, roughly over 100, and some of them are actually just plan useless, like featherweight which per hit has a chance to give you haste if you're holding the sword by the way, or drunk which is pretty much an copy of another enchant that i've forgotten the name of that's an unique tier (there's also a lot of these duplicate enchants that's just under a different name), or leadership which I'm pretty sure doesn't work I think? (same with epidemic carrier and a couple of others that are also useless) Some of the enchants like these should just be removed all together since it seems like getting exp will be harder this season since we'll all have less spawners. Overall I think the enchantment system should be simplified.

I'd like to see an custom enchant made for soul gems, as they are useless and can't be used for anything. Perhaps an enchant that gathers the souls and then repairs the armor?

Master Blacksmith- Last season, someone needed their armor repaired because it was lower than 25% durr and they wanted me to hit them a couple times. When they stated a couple times I didn't think it would take 8 hits for their armor to be almost full durr. Not sure if it was over exhausted by the person but if this enchant is capable of repairing armor that fast I think it deserves to be nerfed.

Experience- Supposedly the mining version of inquis, you'll end up wasting time and money while buying pickaxes to mine with than just buying exp and get 100x the amount. Using Experience 4, with 5 being the max, barely gave me any exp at all. I'd like to see this enchant buffed even though it being a simple tier, it shouldn't be this inferior.

-Yeha, I'm not really familiar w/ this enchantment system so take everything I say with a grain of salt...
    Thank you, I added them to the list.

I feel like having a lot of enchants keeps things interesting. While some enchantments seem useless they do tend to balance things out more, as having them on the server makes it less likely to get the more rare enchants but you do get something instead of nothing, if that makes sense.

Squidben1

SquidBen1
    SquidBen1
    ULTRA

Master Blacksmith only has a slight chance for a small amount of durability to be repaired, only 2-3 durability, when it is completely maxed. You would need many many more then 8 hits for it to be anywhere close to full durability from 25% with them likely needing to continually grind you for over 15 minutes for them to repair their gear. It also allows more strategy from pvp and stops people with much worse from wasting your durability as you can slightly repair it as you fight them. I agree with many useless enchants and simplifying the custom enchants to maybe 3 or 4 tiers with less in each tier would be a good solution for that.

Squidben1

SquidBen1
    SquidBen1
    ULTRA
    The custom enchant Detonate only works some of the time as if it has a cooldown on it that gets longer the faster you are breaking blocks and the upgraded form of that, Atomic Detonate, does not work in its intended way only removing a small amount of blocks in a L shape near where you mined. Trench picks work well except for the fact they are only 50 uses making them completely useless (They should either be unlimited uses, or have a very high number of uses, such as 1000-5000 uses) and that they dont drop any blocks but ores.

Squidben1

SquidBen1
    SquidBen1
    ULTRA
    the custom enchant Jelly Legs says in chat Negated Fall Damage any time you fall more then 3 blocks causing it to spam your chat

PatjPlayz

Reactions
    Probably a really short response to this... nerf deep bleed please.. but I’m happy you addressed this and asked for our opinions :)

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    Probably a really short response to this... nerf deep bleed please.. but I’m happy you addressed this and asked for our opinions :)
    Adjusted the post to include this :)

Shaymin-Sky

Reactions
    There's some enchant that the faction UwU has been abusing that along with the crits modifier's that they use enable them to hit through a gapple and kill someone who's gapped, similiar to the broken deep bleed enchant though they won't report it on here. Epidemic Carrier also doesn't seem to work because it needs Plague Carrier, which is a book that doesn't exist. Obliterate also doesn't seem to work at all for some reason.

HIGH

Inquisitive enchant does not work. There is no difference between just a normal sword and a sword with inquisitive IV.

Shaymin-Sky

Reactions
    any news on when inquis will be fixed and bleed/deep bleed will be removed? it's becoming unplayable on here because these two broken enchs ruin pvp/grinding, at least remove bleed/deep bleed as soon as possible

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    any news on when inquis will be fixed and bleed/deep bleed will be removed? it's becoming unplayable on here because these two broken enchs ruin pvp/grinding, at least remove bleed/deep bleed as soon as possible
    We will work on the fixing those within the next few days.