[Factions and potentially server wide] /Nick Glitch

Discussion in 'Report Issues' started by BorderPlayz, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Felicette

Felicette Mod

Felicette
    Mod
    Let's keep the conversation on topic and impersonal.

2. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Hows this for post farming.

3. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    As Monka and Picco have stated, your opinion isn't valued as much because of your lack of activity in factions. Not to mention you're not contributing to the discussion at all, by just saying it is unfair without proposing a solution, you're post farming. Of course you have the right to state your opinion but it really shouldn't be regarded highly due to the fact that you never/rarely play factions, therefore you have no idea what you're talking about.

4. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    People are allowed to state an oppinion without a solution . If you don't like it no need to be toxic to others just keep it to yourself. I expect you got a smart ass reply to this aswell.

5. auns

auns Well-Known Member

auns
    God
    it'd require querying the db for existing nick first, so there would be a negative performance impact over something so trivial. I'd almost go out and say the opposite should be happening, /nick should be allowed regardless if an online player has a nick already assigned. This would provide a positive performance impact as there would be no need to query online players. Nicks aren't and shouldn't be reservable - that's what usernames are for. In theory aside from just checking the existing DB other tactics could be used even if the query is made. A user could register a username that's an already reserved nick on the server for example.

6. Showy_Dudy

Showy_Dudy Well-Known Member

Showy_Dudy
    Invader
    As I mentioned in my post earlier, of course he has the right to state his opinion. The problem is it shouldn't be highly valued due to the reasons I pointed out. You're right I could keep it to myself. The problem with that is I'm an active factions player and I actually care about the changes made to factions and unfortunately whatever the majority votes for will usually happen. There are people out there who will value his opinion more than it should be valued due to them being misinformed about his factions knowledge which is why I have to point it out. I'll give you an example. If I've never played skyblock in my life and I went to a skyblock forums post and stated my opinion on a skyblock-related change, people are going to assume I'm a skyblock player and that I know what I'm talking about and therefore will value my opinion even though I have no clue what I'm talking about.

7. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

HeyImBorder
    God
    Being quite honest, you aren’t really what I would consider “active”.

8. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    He may not spend all his time on factions but that doesn't mean he isn't active. You don't need to play for 3+ hours everyday some people enjoy doing other activities in their free time. Just because they don't spend as much time or more than you on the server doesn't mean they're inactive.

9. XanHiroki

XanHiroki Mod

ShadowHiroki
    Mod
    A few points, made simple for all of you.

If you don't want to get trapped, use the username of the player you want to teleport to instead of their nickname.

Use /realname if you for some reason really don't want to listen to the point above..?

Don't accept tpahere's, period, if you get one, send a tpa request back so you know you're going to the right person.

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  10. Sppicy

Sppicy Active Member

Sppicy
    God
    I know it's frustrating, but tp-trapping is a reality that we all have to put up with, no matter how scummy it is. Some of my faction members have been caught off guard by people using similar nicks to my name, so I can relate. Although I do see an issue with impersonation using nicks, it shouldn't be bannable and I doubt an effective fix is, or will be available. The easiest fix I found is to just /ignore the tp-trappers and suggest to all the newer players you stumble across to take the same course of action. I also urge my faction members to not use nicks at all.
    I do however, find it funny how those same tp-trappers have come in flocks to this post to trash talk and 'tarnish' any chance of a real discussion.
    If anyone needs guidance on who to /ignore to avoid being trapped, the new faction 'Klan' (Not to be confused with the original Klan from last season) seems to be the main offender. Take my advice with a pinch of salt though as I'm sure they're not all bad... Right?..