[Factions and potentially server wide] /Nick Glitch

Discussion in 'Report Issues' started by BorderPlayz, Feb 11, 2019.

1. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Well-Known Member

HeyImBorder
    God
    Throughout the entire server if you /nick and get the nick for example "Border" it should only be bound to the player who gets it with /nick.

That isn't the case though, if I get the nick "Border" and log off, someone can just take the nick. And when I mean take it, I don't mean it gets rid of my mine and gives it to the other player. We both keep the nick. Which is a huge issue.

I myself and others have been trapped many times due to this issue and I think it needs to be fixed.

If it isn't fixable, at least make it bannable.

2. monkaKnife

monkaKnife Well-Known Member

monkaKnife
    God
    You got trapped just now with me having the name "Pay4Gay" which no one actually has that ign. Stop crying and use your brain, easy solution to the problem.

3. Piccoman

Piccoman Active Member

WallHugger
    Invader
    Ya i really don't see this as a issue and it should be under suggestions mostly due to the fact that you shouldn't have the right to reserve a nick name and most people who play on becto do not get tp traped because they use their brain to not accept tpaheres.

4. BorderPlayz

HeyImBorder
    God
    It's funny you guys replied because you love trapping. And GenericTrashbin actually had the nick.

5. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    I do see this as an issue. Trapping, even though on factions, using this tactic is malicious.

6. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Should be easy to fix.

7. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Okay let's be real here this wasn't an issue in season 4 when there were around 5 people copying my nickname at the same time, it's been known about. There's a reason your name looks different when you have a nickname. If you don't want to get tp trapped don't be stupid simple as that. Just check who has it with the command if you're unsure. The reality of things is it's easy to fool people using /nick it always has just be smart and don't accept every tp that comes your way problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. monkaKnife

monkaKnife
    God
    Sick to survival if you don’t want “malicious tactics”
    If you use a nickname you run the risk of getting trapped if you don’t take precautions like checking if the player is online, or checking who has that nickname. The fact is, it is easily avoidable and it’d be really sad if it was removed because some butt hurt players were stupid and lost good gear.
    Next time you see a bunch of people complaining about me tp trapping in chat maybe you’ll think twice before accepting tp requests.
    Let this be a costly lesson :)

9. bunnaz

bunnaz Active Member

Bunnaz
    God
    It is a problem, maybe the wrong solution though

10. BorderPlayz

HeyImBorder
    God
    I realize to check if the player is online. But you do realize that both players holding a nick such as "Border" could be online. And could both send TP's.

It seems like you don't want this fixed because all you do is trap. Just being honest.

11. monkaKnife

monkaKnife
    God
    There nothing to be fixed, if you don’t want to get trapped, a) tell your friends to not use nicknames b) use /realname.
    To argue the point you made that I don’t want this removed because I use it, I could say “you want it removed because you get trapped”. But since I’m not as ignorant as you I’ll explain why you’re wrong.

What you’re suggesting would involved removing nicknames permissions completely (which you clearly don’t want considering you and all your friends have them ;-) ). If a player is offline you may take their nickname, nothing can be done to configure the plugin differently. Hypothetically, not allowing players to have the same nick names (when one player is offline) would involve storing each players nickname, and considering that /baltop does not work to prevent lag/save space this does not seem like a good idea to me.
    This thread is entirely based on your ignorance, and lack of understand about how plugins work.

So to conclude here are your options to avoid being to trapped:
    1) don’t be stupid
    2) remove permissions for /nick
    3) develop your own essentials plugin and increase server lag
    Take your pick.

12. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    I realize multiple players could be online with the same nickname and send you a tpahere but this hasn't ever been an issue in the past. You most likely communicate with said player before accepting a tpahere. To play it safe instead of accepting a tpahere you can just send a teleport request yourself to that players using their minecraft account name. Players are always finding unique ways to trick people for example even without taking the exact nickname of another player someone can just edit their nickname or account name to be extremely similar to the one the player is currently using by change an L with an I or an e for an a.

As far as tp trapping being malicious it's true it is but this is factions almost absolutely everything you do in factions is malicious in some way and that's why people enjoy it. We don't moderate people insiding, backstabbing, item scamming etc on factions because that's just how factions is.

Let's be honest here you're going to call someone else out for not agreeing with you on something that you see as a problem when the only reason you made this thread was because you were affected by it and got tricked. Like I said previously this has been a known thing in the past it's nothing new and has happened to others and since you played since at least season 4 you've definitely seen this before you just didn't report it or see it as an issue until you suffered a negative loss from it.

Overall there's honestly nothing to fix as far as the server goes, /nick is a luxury that you get when you purchase a rank of veteran status or higher and for some people it's a selling point from upgrading to a higher rank. The issue is no one is forcing you to use /nick. Instead of looking at the server for a solution look at yourself and see what you yourself can do so this isn't a problem for yourself in the future, if you do that you'll be a lot happier and most likely won't fall for tricks such as these or others in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. monkaKnife

monkaKnife
    God
    Just realized the irony of you guys crying about getting tp trapped. Calling tp trapping “malicious” and wanting to make it banable, when you gave a permabanned cheater on a VPN gear to play in the purge. He killaura’d so he could help your faction which ruined the event for a lot of players. If anything needs to change it’s having stricter punishments for players like you guys for stuff like this.

14. hobikenobi69

hobikenobi69 Well-Known Member

wulz
    God
    if u don't play they can't trap u

15. Lucas S.

schottler3
    Veteran
    I said this, as to tp killing using this strategy seems unfair.
    I'm not sure of anyone said this should be bannable...?

16. monkaKnife

monkaKnife
    God
    Instead of saying it’s unfair, how about providing a solution to this “problem”. Saying it’s unfair isn’t fixing anything.

Also Border said this in his original post

Guess you didn’t read it.

17. Piccoman

Piccoman Active Member

WallHugger
    Invader

Your a role player don't comment on faction post just to post farm. You have no clue what you are talking about.

18. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Manager

Jetpuffed
    Manager
    It's allowed. If you want to be safe, only accept requests from people who aren't nicked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  19. Lucas S.

schottler3
    Veteran
    (I'm not mad just a little offended xD)
    Excuse me. I'm nothing close to a role player(frankly roleplay creeps me out) and I do not post farm. I have been on the forums actively for about 2 years, I have no need to post farm. I'm voicing my opinion towards something, as a pacifist, see as an issue. Although it is factions, things operate differently. As spoken by Jet this is allowed & to infer from what he said, will not be changed.

Please do not be toxic towards me for voicing how I feel on a public forum.

20. monkaKnife

monkaKnife
    God
    You shouldn't be crying about toxicity. You gave an opinion without having a solution to the "problem", you don't play factions or know anything about it, and you clearly don't understand how the plugin works.
    Your posts have contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion, which is the definition of post farming.