• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Factions Faction Suggestions

Should this season be canceled for a revamped one?

• Total voters

Shaymin-Sky

Reactions
    - Pretty much this is an recreation of the old thread that didn't get much shine on the old Becto website.

To sum it up, a lot of the major problems came towards the new custom enchantment plugin, now of which most of the problems with the broken, non working, enchants are fixed. Although, Deep Bleed still exists and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been nerfed.

Another major problem that was introduced along with the factions revamp was the crates/envoys. Not only did they have pretty much useless items that made it worth not trying to obtain them, but epic crate keys in general were less accessible and isn't possible to get in-game unless you use pointshop, which is more of a server wide concept. I'd like to see at least P5 in rare crates and then P6 in epic crates and perhaps sharpness buffed up a level accordingly.

The faction community is split on the idea of mending coming back, but I feel like it would be balanced as in reality fights actually don't last that long, especially now since Unbreaking 10 isn't a thing anymore. Higher donors also get ./fix which for many of the newcomers/low ranks who play have a hard time repairing them armor, which discourages fights. Although it's not a problem right now, when people start getting Inquis and then Deep Bleed wearing P4 will get you instantly killed, and risking higher armor that you cannot repair isn't worth it, which can lead and snowball into a lot of things that makes competition low.

Not all things from last season was bad though, I enjoyed the gold mini reapers that spawned in the End, that I believed sometimes dropped gapples and wither heads. I was sad to see them removed though from this season as I thought it balanced things out pretty well.

Other things that were also mentioned was a new map, an transition from gapple to pot PvP, bringing back the old enchantment system, and other minor things that would freshen up factions.

Also, I feel personally that the pacing of this season is messed up due to the problem the server was having with things like natural spawners being pigs, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Rathakir

Reactions
    The next season needed more work than what it got, the server is insanely unbalanced and boring, and it's not even worth playing anymore. Even in a brand new store set, these custom enchants allow you to be 1shot through a gapple. Everything tilts towards being p2w now, across all the modes, new updates alter monthly rank keys and other perks. It's all being shifted towards ultra now, and many lower ranked players are mad over their perks being removed. People make suggestions every season and for the most part they get ignored. Everything that you said here, along with everything the original post (by KINGRIEVOUS) would be a legitimate improvement to the server, and it had a lot of positive feedback, yet it was ignored by the staff team. So I really hope this thread draws more attention, but I'm really not looking for that to happen. I've been here for a long time and continued playing even when 80% of the playerbase said the server was dead, but at this point its just not worth playing anymore. Everything is unbalanced, overpowered, pay to win, it's just bad.

PatjPlayz

Reactions
    There are very controversial things about this post, I’d say mending probably isn’t a good addition, but I also made a post about the custom enchant plugin. No staff actually saw it but I hope this post will get more attention. Custom enchants NEED to be nerfed. These deep bleed enchants are absolutely stupid and there’s no way to survive it unless you’re in a gset. I really think this video speaks for itself.

Rathakir

Reactions
    In all honesty, I don't think mending would be any worse than enchant tokens. They let you overflow your durability which lead to armor lasting way too long. At least with mending you 1. Sacrifice inventory space for xp bottles and 2. Can steal other people's xp, there's somewhat of a risk mending your own gear compared to dropping a token on your armor, or having some super rare enchant that's easy for p2w players with a bunch of spawners and stuff to get but nowhere near as easy for a normal player. But as for the deep bleed enchant, you're right. That kind of thing is game breaking and honestly pretty unfair.

Rosie

Reactions
    The naturally occurring spawners all being pigs also majorly changes the way factions will work. The only way to obtain blaze spawners now is through the Becto store or epic crates, which both either cost real money or in game points. Spawner pics have now become obsolete since it is cheeper to buy a pig spawner in shop than it is to buy a spawner pic. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind having an abundance of pig spawners floating around the game either.

Bas

Owner
    iBasss
    iBasss
    OWNER
    Reactions
    Some of the things in this post are hard for me to agree with and others are worth looking into. I will give more detailed insights in a dedicated Factions suggestions post later. But your "Should this season be cancelled" poll question makes no sense- this season will continue running and we will continue making changes and adjustments to fix and improve on what we currently have to work with.

Please see this post for enchanting balancing: https://becto.net/threads/factions-enchantments.6761/

@Rathakir I completely understand where you're coming from in your first reply, Becto certainly hasn't been going in the right direction and we're willing to change this now. It will be super hard for you to believe this but only time can tell. I'm glad to see you're still here and I hope you still do have some faith left in us. I'm dedicating more time to Becto now.