Factions Faction Member Limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Drieth, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    It's true that owner claims existed last season however the limiting of commands didn't. Last season you couldn't lock out players from using the faction warps or homes which would essentially allow someone into the base without actually allowing them to access the land. This in turn would have you run the risk of any new player in your faction teleporting enemies into your claims/base were they otherwise wouldn't be able to normally get.

As far as the person becoming disinterested and leaving your faction that is true however majority of the time people that are checking out the server will stay in that faction and just never log in again. When this happens the time for being auto kicked is 14 days I believe that allows you to have 10 free power for that duration. To think you aren't taking advantage of the system is in itself ignorance.

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I think I've got a better idea that we might both and others agree on.

Instead of limiting a faction members max power cap, limit a factions max amount of power. Meaning they could have 100+ members but only 200 max power at any given time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    +1 make it happen.

4. Ivy_Night

Ivy_Night Well-Known Member

Ivy_Maze
    Invader
    That sounds like a good idea as well!

5. Jetpuffed

Jetpuffed Well-Known Member

Jetpuffed
    God
    So are we set on wanting to max the power at 200?

6. DHScamo

DHScamo Well-Known Member

TUMUG
    God
    How the heck is this fair. Gonna make every big faction over claimed just like that

7. monkaKnife

monkaKnife Well-Known Member

monkaKnife
    God
    Quick Drop: 343 claims
    Holy: 291 claims
    Rogue: 190 claims
    I think maxing power at 200 would be a great idea, but I'd have to be grandfathered in for a few factions. I don't think I'd be fair to force them to un-claim land.

8. Skizzles

Skizzles Well-Known Member

ISkizzlesI
    God
    Its fair, just give the faction leaders a 1 week notice to adhere to the changes. That gives plenty of time for them to change and to implement the improvement for the season.

9. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    Chances are however that those extra claims are just claims around the base. Meaning instead of having an extra 50 for 1 side they just have to tone it down. Anyone who's played factions before is used to shaving off extra claimed land anyways.

10. DHScamo

DHScamo Well-Known Member

TUMUG
    God
    If we have 31 members (310 power) and power is capped at 200. And we have 180 claimed land. What happens if there are members with negative power that totals -30.

What would our power be?

180/ ? /200

11. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    Okay ... the idea of a cap for the amount of players for a faction .... would have been a good idea last season when those "insane raiding cannons" didnt work.
    but now those cannons work apperently and players are going to need a bigger base to protect them selves from those cannons, but without enough power ... you can't build your bases big enough.

I get why there needs to be a limit on the amount of power a faction can have, but 200 is just too low for that.
    So just add a little bit to that and it's fine.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Just build a + shape with you claims, put main base in middle, little bases on side to store and protect main base. Would this be a good base idea that protects valuables and has low claimed land?

13. BorderPlayz

BorderPlayz Banned

bordrr
    God
    No LOL

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. Hidden_Hacks

Hidden_Hacks Well-Known Member

Hidd3n
    God
    Hell no , never add this , ever it will destroy factions. Bases will be easily raided as they do not have enough claims to expand. With 20 players you realistically can claim 150 claims without immediate threat of being over claimable. If you changed the claims and made it so we could claim more per persons power then maybe , but implementing this with nothing else will cause nothing but players to leave.

I know some of the large factions, such as quickdrop when recruiting give the player a cracked alt to play on and change their name in /f who with a &k so it blurrs it. Fix the alt issue. This does not mean cap the player limit.

15. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

NessFire
    Invader
    They should just make it back so they have 2 ranks + owner rank like there was last season tbh.

16. DarkenedSlumber

DarkenedSlumber Active Member

DarkenedSlumber
    Raider
    yeh i agree, 20-35 would be a fair and reasonable cap.

17. TheDrunkLord

TheDrunkLord Active Member

TheDrunkLord
    God
    Nothings impossible. Cannons can be modified so have more power and withers dont have a range limit.any faction/base is raidable regardless of power. U imply something like this without warning and half the server will quit while there chunks get over claimed and half there members kicked. Just learn ti play factions and dont cry over such basic faction rules. Get more members if u want more power easy

18. TheDrunkLord

TheDrunkLord
    God
    Its very simple. Set up cannon at proper y level and sand stack till u can hybrid in. Learn to cannon before u make top factions an easy 5 minute raid

19. TheDrunkLord

TheDrunkLord
    God
    With proper cannons this season players are only complaining cause they are yet to need to use something bigger than a classic hybrid. Give it time and people will adapt. Lowering max power and forcing us to kick members will only split factions apart and make countless quit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop
    God
    I agree that 200 power could be too low, I think 250 would most likely be the best all around but anything past 300 would be pushing it.