Eptak

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Eptak, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Eptak

Eptak Member

Eptak
    Veteran
    Hello all, my name is Eptak and this is my first staff application applying at Becto. I am open to any comments being made.I'm from Malaysia the timezone there is GMT+8 this makes it unique as I'm usually on when everyone else is asleep.

How long you have been playing on Becto.net?
    I've only started playing Becto since late May after my GCSE (Examination)

How often you are online for?

I am usually online for 5+ hours daily, much more on the weekend. I am currently on summer break and will be attending college this September, so I try to get on as much as possible. My main server is skyblock so I will be there for most of my time on, at times I do play kitpvp,factions and prison. I’m usually online at discord whenever I’m on so feel free to add me NotEclipse#5628. I've managed to get my playtime to about 1 week and a few days in about 1.5months which in my opinion average but I do plan on increasing during the summer, currently I'm trying to improve my activity on the forums and discord.

https://gyazo.com/00c818ec3c114b22c3ea9b6746a63839

What game modes you are most active on?

My most active server in Becto is skyblock. When I'm usually on i always try to help the newcomers of the server by giving small handouts to start them off or even just to help them out with the commands as I'm experienced.However I've started playing different gamemodes such as factions,prison and kitpvp.

Why you are right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?

I take great pleasure in helping people who are in need or who have questions. I am very unbiased and I like to be friendly to everyone.Some people get a big head when they have power, this annoys me very much as I never let power go to my head.I have endless experience in minecraft from both the perspective of a player and of an owner.I would love to help this server grow as large as possible.I think that this would be a great learning opportunity for me as I'm always trying to obtain more experience and knowledge both in minecraft and the interaction of the players.I have read and completely understood the rules and I am ready to reinforce them as a staff member.I am level headed and will not be tilted easily during high pressure situations.I am quick and sufficient when giving out punishments when someone breaks the rules,but at the same time lenient and understanding.I am also a very friendly person in general, the people who have met me so far can hopefully agree that I'm not a toxic or rude person when it comes to dealing or having a casual conversation.I understand that not all players and staff members know who I am yet, but if I am accepted I hope that I can meet everyone and make everyone's life a little easier.

Have you ever been banned or muted?

No, I can safely say that I've not been muted nor banned throughout my experience in Becto.

A little bit about yourself.

My real name is Darren, I'm 16 this year.As I've just completed my IGCSE Examination I'm currently on my summer break and will be attending college for A levels this September in the UK. I've decided to choose Economics,Psychology,Math and Business to study there.I enjoy playing sports and listening to music.In the future I hope to be a successful accountant.

That's all, I hope everyone has a great week ahead!

If anyone has questions feel free to comment down below.

#1 Eptak, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2019
  2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Your lack of use of the space button tilts me not going to lie.

Anyways moving on, even with a weeks time you're relatively new to Becto. This shows in your lack of forum posts along with your minecraft account not being linked to your forums account. When looking at your application it seems decently made. A huge issue I see is your lack of server diversity, it wouldn't be far fetched to assume 95% of your time played is from skyblock alone and this reflects heavily when looking at your /level stats. The reason this is important is because as a staff member you are required to moderate all of Becto's servers not just 1. I know I know you want to mention your past experience with other servers when it comes to the flaw I just mentioned but that means absolutely nothing in this case. Each server is different for the most part they'll share some similarities such as chat moderation but that's about it for the most part. Becto has it's own set of rules different from other servers not to mention each gamemode has it's own specific rules and there are a total of 6. Either way I'm not confident you're capable of moderating Becto's servers at this time and for that reason it's a -1 from me.

3. Eptak

Eptak Member

Eptak
    Veteran
    Thanks alot for the input, I too agree that my server diversity lacks since I only play skyblock and a little of the other servers.However this summer I will be taking the time to push up my playtime and forum activity,very sorry again for the lack of spacebar used in the application.

4. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Other than "a lack of spacebar usage" your application isn't bad in my eyes, you followed the format, but your forums activity, and in-game activity is what makes me -1 this application. You play primarily on skyblock, but their are 5 other servers too, and I think you may lack knowledge when it comes to some of them. Be more active on the forums, play all the gamemodes and find out what they are like, and you will get a +1 from me.

5. Кровь

Кровь Well-Known Member

Razrabochik
    God
    Bloop really breaks it down well,
    Also you haven’t been playing too long,
    For now it’s a -1 from me but that could be changed

6. Eptak

Eptak Member

Eptak
    Veteran
    Agreed, thanks all for the input on my application.I'll be taking the 2 months to up my play time and activity on the forums as it is low now and try to diversify by playing on the other servers.

7. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Also recommend you are active on discord as well, learn how everything works!

8. Vindigo

Vindigo Mod

Vindigo
    Mod
    Honestly your application looks good to me. The visuals are a bit interesting as mentioned but that is not what an application is about. Your playtime is enough for a staff member in my opinion, as long as you keep increasing it. I've met you in game a few times and you seem friendly and helpful. I do worry about your lack of server diversity and forums activity but if you amend this I'm sure you'll make a wonderful addition to the team.

Neutral for now.

Work on in-game server diversity, discord and forums activity to get a +1 ​

9. Eptak

Eptak Member

Eptak
    Veteran
    Thanks a lot for the comment really appreciate it.I will be playing more on other game modes as well as increase my forum and discord activity. :-D

10. Juleah

Juleah Member

xJuleah
    I think you seem very interested/invested in becoming a staff member, but you don't have a lot of server diversity... You also don't have a very high play time as others have said. Your app. seems actually pretty good. (Minus your space bar problems, which you need to work on, lol just kidding.)

Neutral

11. Eptak

Eptak Member

Eptak
    Veteran
    Hey thanks a lot appreciate it,currently pulling around 6 hours a day playing different types of game modes :-P

12. Makeb

Makeb Well-Known Member

Makeb
    God
    Your application followed the format and it's decent. But like others said, you need more work on your space bar. Somehow, your forums account is new. And I see that you mainly play on the Skyblock. Like the staff stated... 1 week+ playtime is recommended. But for me, I personally agreed with others that you need more playtime. You need to be more active on the forums and Discord.

I will give it a neutral.

13. Eptak

Eptak Member

Eptak
    Veteran
    Hey Makeb thanks for the comments. Yes I've been working on my playtime in the server as well on discord, :) since yesterday i managed to add about another 13 hours to my playtime and have started playing prison!

14. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    Agree with everything above and I will def give you a +1 if you improve those areas :)

15. Mildsawss

Mildsawss Admin

MildSawss
    Admin
    Other than over all activity on the forums and discord, I have no trifle with you.
    Neutral.

16. LillithxXxCloud

LillithxXxCloud Well-Known Member

LillithxXxCloud
    VIP
    I haven't seen you around practically anywhere on any gamemode, and I haven't seen you on the discord or forums either. It's neutral for me since your application looks alright, but you should definitely become more active.

17. ninamaile

ninamaile Active Member

ninamaile
    Veteran
    My response:
    Personally, I enjoyed Eptak's application, I think he covered most points and it was outlined super neatly and straightforward for the most part. I thoroughly think you have what it takes and I do believe you are invested and very much interested in becoming a staff member HOWEVER, you did mention you are going to be going to university soon and I think because of the amount of time that's going to take up in your life, you won't be the most active member and cannot fully commit your time to be STAFF. However, I cannot speak on how your time management is going to be because I do not know you personally, just thought you should consider that point. I enjoy having you around, however, I do feel you should open up your server choices, I only see you on skyblock and it would be nice to have you on some of the more hostile servers. For me, my vote will be NEUTRAL.

18. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Application Denied

While your activity has improved and you're still improving it to this point, I'd like you to take two months to improve on things such as; server experience, server diversity, and general activity on Becto's platforms. Being exposed to more... discombobulating environments before being staff will allow you to be more prepared for some of the issues and situations you may come across as staff.

If you'd still like to, please apply again in two months after gaining some more experience on our network.​