Dymethius

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by Dymethius, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dymethius

Dymethius Helper

Dymethius
    Helper
    How long have you been playing on Becto.net?

I began playing Becto during June of 2018. My friend showed me the server when my group and I were looking for a fun Skyblock server to play. I played for a couple of months and decided to apply for staff. I was accepted as the noobie helper. In August 2018, I resigned because of some personal things. When I started, my activity was a little over decent, but then I slowly crept out of Minecraft to go play...Fortnite. After some time, I began to hop onto Becto and Hypixel, until I finally started playing Minecraft completely. From there, I applied once more, got denied because I wasn't active enough, so I decided to bring that activity up. I would jump onto Becto at times, but Hypixel's Skyblock had been released, so my group started getting hooked on that. After a few updates went by, I started playing on Becto completely, losing pretty much all sight of Hypixel as a whole. Now I'm here, playing on Becto, getting my playtime up above three weeks and climbing.

Include a screenshot of /level - the information displayed:

[​IMG]

How often are you online for?

I can normally average 2-3 hours daily. This involves school (I'm a senior in high school), work, and any other activities. This changes for the weekends because I'm normally not doing anything, so I can sit and spend 12+ hours a day online (probably not good for my health)--from 10 AM to 12 AM the next day.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll watch YouTube or in-game chat with Discord open on my other monitor, reading to see if anyone needs help that I can answer. I'm almost always on the forums, watching for new posts.

What game modes are you most active on?

Currently, I am most active on Skyblock and Kitpvp. I just recently started getting into Survival and Factions. I sometimes hop on Creative to look around and build something that I'm feeling up to. I do play Prison, as I am rank Y trying to get to Z and then start prestiging. I don't play Prison nor Creative as much as I do the others, but I have gotten on them from time to time. This will be something I'm going to be improving on.

Why are you right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?

I've always liked helping people. I'll go into the support channel on Discord to help as much as I can. I'm answering questions on the forums when they do come around. I've learned a lot from Becto and some previous servers.

So first of all, I am an ex-staff. During my time as staff, my username was Dymethius. I was pretty known and I knew a lot of people on the server. Before I was staff, I had some pretty decent knowledge of catching cheaters. Becto did improve that skill for me, along with helping more people.

Back before Becto, I never really got involved with server staffing. I would always do random little things with servers, which didn't involve talking to anybody. Since then, I've been opening up and helping others, and that's when I scored my job as Helper here. The server helped me improve on my skills as a community helper, answering questions, and punishing cheaters. It can become a hassle with everyone bombarding you with questions and/or reports, but I grew fond of it and was patient with everyone.

With myself once being apart of the staff team and a player before, I learned and picked up on most of the communities of each server. With old members leaving and new players joining, I've been keeping up on any changes in the community, including the new updates that were pushed earlier on. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I think I know enough knowledge that I can help people if needed.

It doesn't matter what's happening. If I'm not doing anything extremely important, I will drop it and bring matters to the community. I'm willing to put everyone else before me.

Have you ever been banned or muted?

I have not had any restrictions applied to my account, whether that being my main account or my alt (ZSlay). I had this verified with a staff member.

A little about yourself:

Hey! My name is Timothy, but Tim for short (that's how my username was made [DymTim]). Yes, my old username was Dymethius, that is if you're asking. I just turned 17 in June. Along with that, I got my license (long story), and a NEW CAR! Some of the hobbies that I enjoy doing are HTML programming, writing, listening to music, and going for drives with my doggo, Iris. I have 3 brothers, one about to leave for college, and the others just now going into middle school (4th and 5th grade). I have my German Shepherd, my families' two Cocker Spaniels, and a cat named Storm that hates me.

That's all for now, but if you'd like to know more about me, you can PM me or just ask. Love to everyone for reading my application.

Attached Files:

2. Felicette

Felicette Manager

Felicette
    Manager
    Unfortunately, you've only gained around 6 days of playtime since your last application on March 30th. Because of this, I don't think you're entirely as active as you say you can be and I don't believe you're active enough to be staff. Until I'm convinced otherwise, -1 for now.

I do, however, like the rest of your application. It was well worded, fun and easy to read.

3. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Helper

Peepsibabe
    Helper
    I can say that I have seen him online A LOT recently. I believe that he can be active enough.

4. Dymethius

Dymethius Helper

Dymethius
    Helper
    That was my only reason that I didn't want to apply was it being too early, but I do think that I can keep my activity streak going and bring it up a bit. Otherwise, thanks. :)

5. Esthesia

Esthesia Helper

Esthesia
    Helper
    Your application is well worded and explains in depth the type of person that you are. However, I would've liked to see more about how you can contribute to the team besides that you were an ex staff member.

I personally think your activity in game and on the forums has been great recently, and the fact that you are an ex staff member is a massive positive considering you'll already have the knowledge and experience required.

+1 from me. Good luck!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Peepsibabe

Peepsibabe Helper

Peepsibabe
    Helper
    Your application is very well written, and tells me everything I wanted to know. I always see you on discord helping and talking in general. Yeah you've only gotten 6 days of playtime up since your last application, but you have been extremely active lately, and hopefully you can keep that up. From the little amount that we have talked, you seen like a very nice and genuine person. I would absolutely love to see you back on the staff team. +1. Good luck!

• List
  7. _JoBRo

_JoBRo Helper

dropu
    Helper
    Ok so here is what I think:

The application was pretty good and I didn't notice any errors in it (from what I saw, I could have missed something). I feel as the "why are you right for the job" section could have had some more detail. Other than this I think the application was pretty well put together.

I've noticed your activity go up a lot recently and I can say I've seen you in-game on the discord and forums all quite a bit lately. I'd say you have proven your activity and that you'll more than likely be keeping it up. Yes your playtime might have only gone up 6 days since the last application, however, who is to say when this was obtained? I've seen you on a good amount the past few weeks and more than likely the majority of it was gained recently/during that time. Nick mentioned the 6 days since the last application, and my thought on this is that it's accurate. I feel this because 6 days more than likely the majority was gained recently as I stated above, and for this 6 days of playtime with the majority of it being more recent than not would actually be quite a lot of playtime. Also seeing you online pretty often leads me to believe that it indeed was not just 6 days spread out since your last application, but rather the majority from recent times. This all being said, I do feel you have been active enough and proved yourself through in-game instances of seeing you online and playing to seeing responses and posts on forums , as well as the reports I see you give in the support channel.

Overall I feel you'd be a good addition to the team and the application was well done, for these reasons and what I stated above, I'm going to give you a +1. Best of luck with the application.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. _JoBRo

_JoBRo Helper

dropu
    Helper
    I meant to say that I feel it's not accurate* , meaning I don't entirely agree with what he said.

9. Dymethius

Dymethius Helper

Dymethius
    Helper
    I did kind of feel like I was repeating myself. I think I did a better job on this part on my previous applications. But thanks for the feedback! :)

Thank you! It means a lot. :)

As I said before, I did think that I could've put more into it. Thank you for the honest criticism and feedback. :-D

10. Dartino15

Dartino15 Helper

Dartino19
    Helper
    Everyone above has already mentioned things I wanted to say, but i'll add this:

You've been playing a lot recently, and maybe keeping that up will be challenging, to prevent burnout. It's a good thing though, that you're around the servers, helping out. You're getting active on the #support channel, but not so much in the #general channel (which can be improved as you play more). The playtime we discussed was 3 weeks when you'd apply, but it's close to it, so i'll look past that.

Other than that, you've got previous experience of being staff on Becto, and you're pretty friendly in-game too.

+1.

11. AllyZally

AllyZally Admin

AllyZally
    Admin
    I've seen you active in #support and you're hopping between our servers. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing you back on the team again. Just assure me that you will stay active at all times and try your hardest to keep up with our ever growing community! I'd like to see some reports from you using the ticket system but you can't be too picky with everything you want. Keep impressing me!

+1

12. Sonoma

Sonoma Well-Known Member

sonoma8
    God
    Very active and very nice and mature
    Knowledgeable of becto servers. I have seen him on many other gamemodes of becto playing and being respectful on many different occasions
    +1 from me

13. Dymethius

Dymethius Helper

Dymethius
    Helper
    I did say that I was going to apply when I hit three weeks of playtime, but as I talked to Peep, she said, "Why wait?" I appreciate the comment.

I will definitely stay active. I had work today, so that's why I didn't to answer you guys right away.

Thanks. :)

• List
  14. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    I've seen you online and constantly helping people in-game and on discord and I know that you will (once again) make a good staff member. Keep the activity up :) +1

• List
  15. Dymethius

Dymethius Helper

Dymethius
    Helper

16. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    You last applied 137 days ago & you've gained 6 days playtime since then. Which is 4% of that total time on Becto. Which in my opinion is a decent amount of time to show what you can do. Playtime is a pretty big part of your application but I do think it's been way over thought lately. 6 days is plenty time in game. to be noticed, to get stuff done & stick around on the forums, which you have been. You've been staff before & you're experienced. I think, with the benefits of your knowledge & nicely written application you deserve to be brought back into the team. As it could definitely could help with the support ticket and discord support response time. We need staff, you've been there :). +1

17. Dymethius

Dymethius Helper

Dymethius
    Helper
    It's good to see you! I appreciate your comment Guthix. Thanks. :)

18. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Have seen this player ALOT on all of the servers, would be great if you could have that activity, and KEEP that activity while being a staff member. +1 and best of luck

19. TimberShot

TimberShot Member

TimberShot
    God
    Ive seen him on Survival and we talked a bit i suppose but genuinely a nice guy and hope the best for him !

20. Sappytreee

Sappytreee Member

I've seen you a lot- both in game and on the discord which is a definite +1 from me. As for forums I cant 100% tell you. Your application was written nicely, and overall had the detail I was looking for. +1 from me <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.