Dymethius

Discussion in 'Pending applications' started by Dymethius, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Dymethius

Dymethius Well-Known Member

Dymethius
    Veteran
    Hello! My name is Timothy, but I've recently changed most of my online usernames to Dymethius--a username I cooked up a bit ago. I am 15 years old, but I'll be turning 16 tomorrow. Yay, my birthday. I'm fluent in English, and I'm currently learning German. I've been playing Minecraft since I saved the money up and bought my own account in July of 2013. My Discord username and tag are Dymethius#4235.

How long have you been playing on Becto.net?
    I'm not fully sure, but I started playing Becto on either the 1st or 2nd of June, and I've learned a lot about the server for the amount of time. My current playtime is around four and a half days, which isn't a lot, but I do plan on increasing it. EDIT=My playtime is now about a week and a day.

How often are you online for?
    When I'm not working, I usually get up, eat breakfast, do a few things around the house, and then hop on Becto. I usually stay on until lunch, where I'll run downstairs, grab a quick bite, and come back up to play. On average, I play about 5-6 hours a day, sometimes even more.

What game modes are you most active on?
    I'm active on Skyblock, KitPVP, and Factions. I've been recently thinking about playing Survival, but haven't gotten around to it because of the recent downtime of the server, but because it's been fixed earlier today, I do plan on playing a bit of it later.

Why are you right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?
    Now I haven't been staff on any big servers, but I've had staff on a server with an average player base of 50-75 at a time. From there, I've learned a few things. Being Helper isn't all about 'catching those hackers.' I think too many people apply with the mindset of being able to rid the cheaters. Most people don't realize that there are also players involved in the community. This includes guiding and helping out newcomers and answering questions that players have to ask, and with my current knowledge base of Becto, I know how to do so.

A way I can contribute to the team and its community includes helping others without a bad temper. Some people can get annoyed when players aren't sure what to do when their question was answered, but I can work one on one with them to help solve their issue. I currently work at Happy Apples, a facility that cooks and makes caramel apples. I'm troubled with fast timing and extreme organization, but I've grown to work in situations like it, so if I'm helping a player, and someone else has just reported a rule breaker, that's not a problem.

Have you ever been banned or muted?
    I've not been banned from the server, nor muted.

A little about myself.
    I live in a rural area in the center of Missouri. When I graduate high school, in two years, I plan to major somewhere in the Information Technology department. One of my hobbies includes writing, which I haven't really picked up on, but I do plan on doing so in the near future. I currently have two pets: one dog, one cat.

#1 Dymethius, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  2. flav

flav Active Member

because of your low playtime, i will have to give a -1. just under a month is not enough time to understand becto in its entirety.

3. Micm

Micm Active Member

Micm_
    Well-written application. I know you are fairly new, and don't have a ton of experience, but I see you on the server quite often which shows a level of dedication. You really do seem like a good fit for the job, but lack of experience may hold you back for the time being. +1 from me.

4. Dymethius

Dymethius
    Veteran
    Thanks for the reply. I do have experience, but I haven't been staff on any bigger servers, just smaller ones. I haven't really tried applying for bigger servers because of their requirements, but I'm sure I have what it takes.

5. Dymethius

Dymethius
    Veteran
    I agree with you, but in the time of this application being processed, I can complete that entirety. I have yet to fully interact some parts, but I do plan to.

6. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    I really like your application. It felt pleasant and get to the point, but not leaving out information. I realise that people are busy in life. 4 days of playtime is not great, but you have been active on the forums all this time. I'm going to remain neutral.

7. Dymethius

Dymethius
    Veteran
    Thanks for the feedback! Well appreciated.

8. Venerg

Venerg Well-Known Member

Venerg
    God
    Your application is pleasant to read and feels very honest, the only downside is that you joined Becto 1 month ago. I’ll remain neutral for now.

9. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    Like everyone else I enjoyed your application and thought it was good. On the other hand your playtime is low so I'm going to stay neutral for the time being.

10. Dymethius

Dymethius
    Veteran
    I agree with the playtime issue, but I'll be increasing that. I don't have much to do this week, so I'll be on almost 24/7.

11. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    Well once that happens or I see some more positive feedback I will joyfully change mine to a +1.

12. Dymethius

Dymethius
    Veteran
    Sounds good! Thanks for your feedback! :-D

13. EllieU01

EllieU01 Active Member

EllieU01
    VIP
    I really like your application! It looks like you've put a lot of effort into it, and it looks very genuine. I see you online all the time, which is great because it shows you're dedicated to the server. Your attitude in-game is very good, especially for someone who mainly plays on kitPVP and factions. Yes, your playtime is a little low for a staff member, but considering everything else looks great, I think you could be a good staff member. For those reasons I'm giving a +1 :)

14. Dymethius

Dymethius
    Veteran
    Thank you! Love the feedback.

15. Felicette

Felicette Admin

Felicette
    Admin
    Good application and feedback, low playtime and low experience on the server.

Neutral until you get your playtime up, when you get this up, +1 from me!

16. Jedz

Jedz Well-Known Member

Jedz
    Raider
    I enjoyed reading through your application and believe you would make a good addition to the team. +1 :)

17. Dymethius

Dymethius
    Veteran
    Thanks for your feedback! I need lots of criticism. That's how we improve and strive to get better.

18. below

below Active Member

Strafly
    VIP
    pretty dope to me +1
    [​IMG]

19. flav

flav Active Member

after looking through other replies, i’d agree that this is a well-written application and you seem like you’d fit the role of a staff member. i’ll remain neutral until your playtime increases. (^^^)

20. Dymethius

Dymethius
    Veteran
    Thanks for the replies!