dropu

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by _JoBRo, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:04 PM.

1. _JoBRo

_JoBRo Well-Known Member

dropu
    God
    Hello again, my IGN is dropu though many of you might know me as Jo. I’d like to start off by saying thank you for taking the time to read through this application and I would love if you commented with your honest opinion! (I’d like to work with constructive criticism, so please give reasons when commenting rather than just -1 or +1)

How long you have been playing on Becto.net

I have been playing on Becto for over 2 years now.

How often you are online for?

I am online for several hours a day. If I had to put a number on it, I’d say 4+ hours a day, and around 6+ during the weekend. I am a junior in high school, and I try to be as active as I can when I am not at school or doing homework. I bounce from game mode to game mode, so if you ever need to find me then try doing /seen dropu or you can see if I have you added on /friends. You are more than welcome to add me on /friends or on Discord (Jokid123#6044) if you’d like to chat or possibly have questions about something. I check Discord frequently, so I will usually respond pretty fast if you do.

What game modes you are most active on?

I try to spread my activity across all the game modes. I enjoy each and every one of them and have taken the time to learn about and play each of them. Recently, I have played some more of the ones I did not play as much in the past to get a better understanding of them and get to know the community better. This includes skyblock and survival. I have also been playing kitpvp more as of recently. I have a very vast knowledge of all the game modes available on Becto, which I have acquired over the years I have spent playing. This knowledge has allowed me to provide help to new and old players alike, providing them with opportunities to grow on the server as best as I can.

my /level:
    https://imgur.com/a/6jRI508

Why you are right for the job? How can you contribute to the team?

I believe there is a tight correlation between why I am right for the job and how I will contribute to the staff team. A few major offerings I can bring to the staff team are my abilities to work under pressure and work hard and efficiently, whether it be alone or with other members of the team. I am also a very fast learner and adapt to situations quickly. In the case of an argument or high levels of tension, I am able to de-escalate them with professionalism and ease. Below, you can find further explanations of these strengths and how they will affect my work ethic.

I believe it is a major strength to be able to work well under pressure. With becoming staff comes the stress of having a lot of eyes on you and having many people come to you for help all at once. For example, because time zones vary among the staff team, there are times when only one staff member is available. At these times, all of the questions and requests go straight to that person. I am able to handle times like these well and still work at a fast pace with this pressure.

I am a diligent worker and know how to get a task done. Putting in hard work and dedication will help to get rid of hackers, handle toxic behaviour, and allow me to complete many other tasks easily. I’m the kind of person who strives to be good at whatever I am doing and will put in the work to do so. If I am given a task, I will do the best of my ability to get it done as efficiently and effectively as possible. This applies for group work and individual work.

Working well alone is one of my strong suits. When a time comes that there is only one member of the staff team online, I’ll be more than willing and capable to help members of the Becto community without having to rely on other staff members. As for working well with others, being reliant on one another is an essential part of being part of any staff team. It provides everyone on the staff team with an initiative to complete the task at hand and makes sure others are doing the same. Overall, both of these will help me to stay pretty balanced and do well in all areas.

With being a fast learner, I can pick up on something I don’t know how to do and learn it very quickly. This also means that if I’m learning something new, I won’t have to be told over and over how to do it. I strive to learn from my previous mistakes as well so they don’t happen again.

Being able to de-escalate intense situations is very important to being a staff member. The staff team is meant to help players not cause more issues so being able to handle situations in the best way possible is a must.

Then we have how I have previous experience in this position as staff. I was staff for roughly 5 months previously. Over that duration, I grew a lot as a person and individual. I do know my way around the server much better and have lots of experience in this field due to this. I know all the commands and rules very well, and I won’t need to be taught hardly anything. I also know how everything works regarding being staff and what all to do.

I am also easily contactable via Discord or pm’s in-game. I check Discord very often and try my hardest to be available at all times. If another staff member ever needed to contact me, it would be very easy. This is also important because communication is definitely key to working well as a team.

Have you ever been banned or muted?

I have been muted twice. Once in December of 2018 for IRL deals. At that point in time, I hadn't yet read through the rules or asked for clarification on what was and wasn't allowed in regard to this. My other mute was in February of this year for disturbing the peace. In other words, I was trolling and messing with staff members. I’ve grown from both of these and have not done them since.

Other

I wanted to touch on something a little bit as I see it fit to do so. As a lot of you might know I was previously staff and that ended with a demotion. I’m not going to go into much detail about this scenario. Put short I was demoted for naming items inappropriately, and because it was extremely immature of me to do so. Since then I have matured and deeply regret ever doing that. It was very immature of me and I can assure you that this or anything like it has not happened since, nor will it in the future. I take this experience as a chance to learn from my own mistakes and grow from them. I have spoken with senior staff about this topic and would like comments to not be focused on this as it’s already been discussed and went over with by them.

A little about yourself. (Where are you from, do you study... etc.)

I’ll keep this part short since you can find most of it in my last application.

My name is Jo! I’m 17 and live in the US (Pacific Standard Time). I enjoy hanging out with friends and family, playing sports, working out, and playing games such as Minecraft. I’d like to be an aerospace engineer, and am very interested in this area.

Thank you to everyone who has read my application! Please be sure to comment and ask any questions if you have any.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • List
  2. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Manager

QuiteShallow
    Manager
    As Dropu has stated above we have revised his demotion reason and have reached a consensus. Before re-applying, he spoke to me about the demotion and I told him that he could apply and we would not hold the demotion against him.​

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  3. Toothy

Toothy Well-Known Member

Toothless15_
    VIP
    Can I give a +2 ?
    I do like you application you are one of the players I was waiting for them to apply and to see them in the staff team . I don't have much to say . I don't see any problem to give you a chance this time
    Great application ...
    Great player ...
    And a great friend ...

+1

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Juleah

Juleah Well-Known Member

xJuleah
    God
    +1 for the reasons below:
    You're pretty laid back on Discord you pop into random conversations and make it pretty interesting most of the time and you're also kind.
    Even though you made a mistake, a couple other people did with you as well. There can be improvement made from things like this. I believe you know you did something that you shouldn't have and have since grown from it like you said.
    You have the experience, and you were liked as a staff member.
    Also you're overall just pretty great:)
    Good luck, you've got this one in the bag lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. xxPantasia

xxPantasia Active Member

xxPantasia
    God
    +1
    Jo, you're smart and level headed. You're usually the first person me and our friends come to to ask questions to. I'm trying not to be biased here, but I think youd do wonderful on staff again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  6. Rubick

Rubick Well-Known Member

Rubickk
    Veteran
    +1, Jo, you're a great dude, and I had never seen you being rude or toxic. You're very patient with everyone, and that's a great trait. And I know why you've been demoted, and that's a kinda bizzare and quite dumb situation, and you completely deserve a second chance. Best of luck to you, bud!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Dartino15

Dartino15 Mod

Dartino19
    Mod
    Speaking as a staff member, who has previously worked alongside you when I was a helper, it was clear to me how hard you actually worked as a helper. I would be up late at night, to find you online (with other members of staff), dealing with any players or issues that you could deal with on your own, especially when others couldn't be online. The prior experience really boosts the application for me.

It was honestly great working alongside you, and I hope to have that experience again.

+1.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    I remember that you would try to start arguments with my faction allies while you were in my faction. And you would go inactive on Becto for days before logging on just to go inactive again. -1

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. _JoBRo

_JoBRo Well-Known Member

dropu
    God
    Thank you for the positive feedback! Hope to see you guys around. :-D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Grand

Grand Member

grandkids12345
    God
    Overall I feel that you aren't as active as some of the current staff members, and due to some past toxic behavior I'll have to -1.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. _JoBRo

_JoBRo Well-Known Member

dropu
    God
    I don't think I was trying to intentionally start stuff with your faction allies a while back when I was in your faction. Nonetheless, I apologize for anything I have done or if I've started any arguments. As for the activity, I'm not quite sure when you are referring to but if it was while I was staff then I know I was very active as a staff member previously. There was a time I was not able to be online for a week due to personal issues, aside from this I was online countless hours a day. I was off and on for a little while after my demotion as I was processing everything and wanted a little break as it was a lot for me. After that, I've been active since as much as I can. I thank you for being honest and appreciate the feedback.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Sal4554

Sal4554 Well-Known Member

-1 from me, you've sent people's irl around even during you were a staff member and that's the last thing a staff member should ever do and like dream has stated you'd start stuff with allies as you were in our faction. I'm not going to say who's irl you sent in here but if you're interested in wanting to know who I'm referring to just message me on discord. and I'd also have to agree with dream you're pretty inactive and whenever I even see you on you're afk.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    You've been staff before you know what you're doing. you made a silly mistake naming an item inappropriately * quite frankly it doesn't really seem worth the demotion.

Anyone that -1's you hasn't a clue how hard you worked before and doesn't know you or is in a faction & is salty because of a little competitive talk. Clearly they can't reflect on their own actions. As a staff member you know how to interact in the community properly minus your mishap so I'm going to say +1.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. hackerboy123

hackerboy123 Active Member

Hackerboy123
    Invader
    Ok to start this off your application is amazing but you have done some toxic things but it’s just a little but anyways you are a good player overall and help full as well active every day and pretty fun to talk to and of course you have staff experience so I think you are fitted to be staff again so I will give this a +1 GOOD LUCK JO :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  15. VicAFK

VicAFK Member

merryvicmas
    God
    Jo, in personal interactions with you, you have been nothing but positive, respectful, and helpful. For myself and other players, you always answer any questions and help with issues in game. Overall, you are very active and responsive in game and on Discord. Per your last position as staff, you were always very helpful and attentive. For these reasons, I'm going to give you a +1. Best of luck on your application :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  16. Dreamwreath_

Dreamwreath_ Well-Known Member

OnlyInDreams
    God
    [QUOTE="guthixUll, post: 47756, member: 10954".

Anyone that -1's you hasn't a clue how hard you worked before and doesn't know you or is in a faction & is salty because of a little competitive talk.[/QUOTE]

You clearly didn't read my post correctly, he was in my faction and he was starting arguments with our allies.

17. Lurf

Lurf Well-Known Member

LOAFTHELOAF
    God
    As someone who has been a staff member whilst you were previously, ik you'd do a great job again :) +1

18. Sixon

Sixon Active Member

Blanks
    Raider
    Honestly, from the entire time I used to play you were very inactive, and if you were online it was mostly afk. Along with what sal said about irls and everything, I don't think you are fit to continue to be staff again. -1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  19. guthixUll

guthixUll Well-Known Member

Lord_Guthix
    God
    You clearly didn't read my post correctly, he was in my faction and he was starting arguments with our allies.[/QUOTE]

this wasn't directed to you. Besides he was active as staff & did his job correctly for the most part.

20. VicAFK

VicAFK Member

merryvicmas
    God
    As per the responses saying that Jo spends a lot of time afk, I have rarely seen him afk. In the circumstance that he is, it has never been longer than around 15 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List