Dooms

Discussion in 'Declined applications' started by Dooms, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dooms

Dooms Member

Dooms
    God
    How long have I been playing on Becto?

I started playing in April. So over 4 months of me being on the server. In addition, a total of 5 weeks’ worth of playtime.

How often am I online?

On a normal day, I am online for an average of 2 hours, increasing on weekends to about 3 hours. As I am from Europe, my play times will differ from other North American staff, allowing me to enforce rules at different times from other staff members.

What game modes do I play most often?

I am a kitpvp-focused player; there is nothing about kitpvp that I do not know. Other servers on the network I play include prison, mainly PvP however. In addition, a bit of sky block.

Why am I right for the job?

The reason I am applying is that I want to make the server a friendlier and more fun place to play. The amount of people breaking chat rules and the number of cheaters since the removal of the screen-sharing rule is immense. I aim to reduce their population. I have a lot of experience on the server and understand all the unique niches involved. I feel this experience would make me a great addition to the staff team.

Another reason I think that I am right for the job is my previous experience as a kitpvp admin on another server. Here I conversed directly with the owners and led a staff team. I am familiar with the different commands used to enforce rules and have a history of dealing with players in a polite and understandable manner.

Despite all this, my skills are not just limited to kitpvp and prison, I understand a fair bit about the other servers on the network too, and I know about all their unique features and playstyles, meaning that I can also help new players with getting started.

Have I ever been banned or muted?

Yes, many times, but let me explain.

Restrictions in chronological order

1hr mute. Toxicity. Unmuted as it was a false mute

Permanent ban. Chargeback. Unbanned as money charged back was returned.

1day mute. Toxicity. Now, this mute was fair, I was going over the line in chat, and as a result, I was punished for my behaviour. However, I have learnt from my mistake since then, and have not received any legitimate mutes.

1day mute. Mute bypass. This one is leading on from the previous restriction; I came onto the server on my alt, a couple of hours later, and spoke in chat answering a question. As a result, I was banned for a day.

7day mute. Trolling. Unmuted, as it was a false mute.

7day mute. Advertising. Unmuted, as it was a false mute.

As of recently, the anti-cheat has been going haywire, banning offline players etc. Due to this, the console has banned me about 4 times. Each time being unbanned as I have provided evidence to show for their illegitimacy.

A little about me?

I am a student from the UK. Currently, my pastimes include gaming, watching shows or going out with friends. I aspire to be a fully qualified doctor in the future. I play a plethora of genres. From RPG games to visual novels. Some of my favourite titles include. The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

Thank you for taking the time to read my staff application, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to ask me. :)

2. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Compared to your last application this is a step up. The main issue in your application is the amount of mutes or false mutes. They almost all have to do with you being toxic in some shape way or form. Even if your mute was removed and considered false the fact of the matter is you were most likely behaving in a manor that is borderline toxic or could be interpreted as such. If we look at your post on vitusmis's staff application we can see where this behavior or lack of maturity starts to show. -1 from me.

3. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    Can you explain more about the chargeback please?

4. Dooms

Dooms Member

Dooms
    God
    The chargeback was a misunderstanding, a player offered to give me in-game items in exchange for me buying them levels worth $5. When the player scammed me, I charged back since I had no intention of playing on the server anyway. Later I found out that I could be unbanned simply by paying back the money I chargedback. Therefore I was unbanned.

5. doublebubbel

doublebubbel Active Member

doublebubbel
    Veteran
    Very detailed and coherent. +1

6. Xeodis

Xeodis Well-Known Member

Xeodis
    God
    From my impression of you in game I'm going to give you a -1 if I see better feed back from the community I might change my opinion.

7. improudidonthack

improudidonthack Active Member

ThatBaseTho
    God
    One of the best players i've ever seen and a pro at catching hackers +1

8. Lucas S.

schottler3
    Veteran
    I agree with @Bloopaloop . Your amount of false mutes is still fairly sketchy. If any staff member considered muting you, there are better candidates. Many MANY other players have a better record. -1

9. UvUvUvU

UvUvUvU Active Member

UrGonnaDie
    Plus
    Even having those restrictions, i think Dooms would be the perfect fit for the Staff Team, having in consideration the Play time, the focus on the server, Dooms is very smart what would give a great strike to the team, in the fact those people who voted on Dooms application dont even know it personally, they just voted based on the restrictions what it a bad thing, considering the restrictions are only one part of the Application, Considering the other Applications Parts, Dooms past jobs on other servers, and the dedication and love take into making this application just prove my point, Dooms is 100% qualified to this Job, my vote is +1

10. Dartino15

Dartino15 Well-Known Member

Dartino19
    God
    Even if we don't know the applicant well, this staff application has to reflect the person, just like with real life where majority of employers do not know the applicant, and hence have to rely on the resume/CV/application to make a judgement.

Regarding this application though, there doesn't seem to be anything special that you could bring. It's the same old "catch hackers" this and "deal with chat" that, which essentially is a given when you become a staff member. so what can you bring to Becto apart from those two?

Sure, the experience may help but do you have any proof for you being such rank on the previous server?

Furthermore you ought to be more active on the forums with more posts under your belt.

11. UvUvUvU

UvUvUvU Active Member

UrGonnaDie
    Plus

Even tough not mentioned things dooms could bring to the server, you could've just asked ": Dooms what of special could you bring to the server, but instead you came here trying to screw up dooms image, and you dont even know dooms, the experience about having been an staff on another server comes up to the staff team ask dooms, not you considering you're not a staff member, when they ask dooms about it, if dooms answer correctly they will know, yeah dooms is not active on the forums, next time when trying to make judgemnet makes one that makes sense and things that you're up to

thank you

12. Dartino15

Dartino19
    God
    From your response alone, I can tell you're friends with Dooms and will obviously have a bias towards them, but anyway:
    1. I did ask what Dooms could bring to the team towards the end of the second paragraph without stating any suggestions to let them think for themselves;
    2. I'm not trying to screw their image up, all I am doing is trying to put my thoughts into words after reading the application;
    3. I don't need to know Dooms personally in order to comment. I can comment regarding the application too which is something I have done on other applications made by players;
    4. Regarding experience, I have seen many staff applications containing words like "I have experience on x, y, z" and considering this is a well-written application, I would rather be sure than unsure with my decision. Besides, Dooms even states
      , which is something I am querying them on;
    5. I'm not staff but as a player on the server, I can comment on such things;
    6. Being part of the forums can show Dooms' behaviour off better by seeing how they reply to posts and criticisms, such as here.
    --------------

To re-iterate for @Dooms then - What can you bring to Becto apart from the reduction of hackers and chat moderation? Can you provide proof of your past staff experience?

13. UvUvUvU

UvUvUvU Active Member

UrGonnaDie
    Plus
    I can see you and other kids here rated my post as funny, the funny thing is that you all can't reply to me, so you guys need to rate my post as "funny" and give fool answers like @Dartino15 , you even answered in a list format like if you were trying to prove me something, the funny thing is that you started quoting my post in the start and still have gave the same answers making no sense for your quote yet

Answers:
    1. I Know, but you should have quoted Dooms on that no me
    2. It doesn't look like, when you compare dooms application to others without knowing dooms its only for one purpose, dont try denying it, be a man and admit it
    3. No one said you had to
    4. As stated before, you shouldn't be comparing dooms application with others once you dont know dooms
    5. You can, but it wont make any difference since you wont be the one judging if dooms is capacitate with enough experience to say such a thing
    6. If you don't know dooms, you shoulnd't go on the forums and try searching for dooms stuff, this just prove my point again, you're trying to screw up dooms application

Thank You

14. UvUvUvU

UvUvUvU Active Member

UrGonnaDie
    Plus

Also im not friend with dooms, everyone that knows me and know dooms, know that, that just prove again my point, you're things you don't know with the intention of screwing up dooms

Also that should be the end point for you as it has been proved your bad intentions, thus nullifying your vote

Thank you again, and Sorry Everyone for Double Posting

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • List
  15. Dooms

Dooms Member

Dooms
    God
    I don't believe you understand the magnitude of the hacker problem that is tearing apart kitpvp right now. You simply don't realise how damaging cheaters are to a server where the very essence of the gameplay is to fight others.

As I stated before, since the removal of screen sharing, non-ghost clients are just as effective as ghost clients. My previous experience with Minecraft PVP moderation would allow me to reduce hackers with an efficiency that other staff simply cannot match. My speciality, so to speak, is the time I have spent on kit-pvp, there is no other staff who would be just as active as me, and have the same kind of anti-hacker potency, yet know the community as well.

In short, what I would be bringing to the staff team is skills at catching hackers that are superior to any staff that I know of currently, whilst also matching it with excellent activity.

Is the job of staff on becto not to help players and enforce rules? Of course people will include those selling points in their application. And it's not really given. Even after becoming staff I highly doubt the training given is enough to recognise and punish cheaters to the point where there are so few that the server is not being hurt.

No, unfortunately not since the owner had gone bankrupt over a year prior, and I have changed my computer 3 times since then, meaning I have no screenshots or other similar evidence. Best I can do is get players from that server to vouch for me.

This is partially true, just because I don't reply to forum posts does not mean I don't read them. But then again just saying I read them does not count for anything. Thank you for this recommendation, I will try to respond to more forum posts in the future.

I apologise if I came off as boastful, that was not my intention, I honestly wrote down what I felt about the current situation on becto, and how I interpret it. After all, If I am to become staff, I don't want to lie my way there.

Thank you for reading this, I hope I have answered your queries, if you have any more, do not hesitate to ask. I mean what's the point of the reply button if not to reply, right?

- Dooms

16. Dartino15

Dartino19
    God
    Thank you for your reply @Dooms, it's much appreciated.

I am not a PvPer by any means so I do not know about the magnitude of hacking on the servers that all allow PvP but if you can do what you claim, then that is something unique that you can offer to Becto.

No further queries though, becoming neutral.

17. Lucas S.

schottler3
    Veteran
    Lol, funny is suppose to be a form of disagreement on the forums. Either that or it's actually funny. You may be calling us childish, but you're the one ruining doom's application with unrequired nonsense. You're raging about a question.

You obviously don't know enough about the forums to be critiquing others.

18. UvUvUvU

UvUvUvU Active Member

UrGonnaDie
    Plus

Dont think because you don't have nothing to do and stay in the forums all the day and have a lot of messages you know more than me, and im not raging, but as you don't have any more arguments i suppose you're trying to make me rage right ?
    No one is ruining Dooms Application, but you, since the application has a lot of stuff and your vote is based in only thing, that shouldnt count since 90% was false, this just prove you have personal problems with dooms and is discouting here

19. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    Just stop posting on Dooms application. You're clogging it with nonsense and it isn't fair to Doom. If you have a problem then take it to pms.

20. UvUvUvU

UvUvUvU Active Member

UrGonnaDie
    Plus
    I dont have any problems, ill start right know, just stating you guys need to go in a group against me, you can't win me , even if in a group