Don't Fall For It

Discussion in 'General' started by Flavourful, May 11, 2017.

1. Flavourful

Flavourful Well-Known Member

flav0urful
    God
    Hi everyone,

So last night, on my forums wall I received a comment saying, "Explain this report you have against you", followed by a link. When clicking the link, it asks you to sign up on the website to view the "report". When you sign up, a page comes up after that and it will not load. By signing up, you have a chance to have your login details stolen. I am making this post to bring awareness to the situation. If you have already fallen for the scam, please change the email password you used to sign up with the fake website and your Becto Forums password.

Kind regards, flavourful.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Meddi

Meddi Builder

Meddi
    Builder
    Thanks flav0urful. For future reference, also make sure you inspect any links closely before clicking on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Accusal

Accusal Active Member

I'd also like to inform you and others that there has been a lot of kids that has been grabbing information and IPs of other people by only clicking a link, for example: "strawpoll" is a right link, but if someone sends you "strawpolll" 3 l's that is probably an IP grabber.

Nonetheless, keep a sharp eye on any link you open and if there was a bity.ly only open bit.ly's of people you trust, and only download from resources that are trusted.

Best Regards,
    ~Naif/Accusal.

4. Warrior356

Warrior356 Well-Known Member

Warrior356
    God
    Thanks for the info.

5. QuiteShallow

QuiteShallow Admin

QuiteShallow
    Admin
    Thanks for the info, People should really be more aware of this and just not sign up on random websites.

6. Bas

Bas Owner

iBasss
    Owner
    I noticed, yes, it seems like some guy is using a 'snapcraft.net' website to bait people for their login details, i'm going to try to censor that URL from the website. Thanks for taking the effort to warn others :)

7. Flavourful

Flavourful Well-Known Member

flav0urful
    God
    Glad I could help8-|