Skyblock Donator Farm

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Evan Wrote, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Evan Wrote

Evan Wrote Active Member

Factions has three different public farms: everyone, member, and donator. Skyblock only has the first two, and it would make sense to establish a donator farm there as well.

2. shaqs_burritos

shaqs_burritos Well-Known Member

shaqs_burritos
    God
    Good idea, would make a cool thing to do. +1

3. 7fishy7

7fishy7 Well-Known Member

7fishy7
    God
    Other than just wanting an extra farm, what purpose would it serve?

4. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    Would be a nice thing.
    I mean we invested a lot [also money] in this server and all the new players that just joined and just linked their accounts 'steal' the Tokens.. Another farm would be nice, so there are more chances to get more Tokens

5. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    It's a public grinder and you don't own the grinder so they're technically not stealing your tokens lol.

Anyways, if this were to be added I would like to see the token rates be dropped a bit as the donator grinder is a bit overpowered in my opinion. Besides that I don't see a reason not to add this so +1 to this suggestion.

#5 Boogie, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. MrKittle

MrKittle Well-Known Member

Lord_Coffee
    God
    Why not. +1

7. Ralph12322

Ralph12322 Well-Known Member

Ralph12322
    God
    would be sick to have a farm with a higher spawn rates tho

8. BWiXXT

BWiXXT Member

BWiXXT
    God
    It's not stealing, that's why the '' are there. It's just annoying that when you try to get a token to put it for sale at your warp and you have been there for quite some time and then someone comes and kills all the mobs gets a token and runs away. So a Donator farm would be great. +1

9. PinkUniicorn

PinkUniicorn Member

PinkUniiCorn_
    Invader
    Never said that this is my grinder or whatever, just said that this is a biiiit annoying.
    But BWiXXT explained it already

10. Boogie

Boogie Well-Known Member

_Boogie
    God
    Yeah I know I was just messing around

11. Vindigo

Vindigo Well-Known Member

Vindigo
    God
    A farm with slightly higher drop rates could be cool. +1

12. Auttumnnn

Auttumnnn Mod

Auttumnnn
    Mod
  13. Evan Wrote

Evan Wrote Active Member

It'd be a reward for people who had purchased ranks, just like it is on the Factions server.

14. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

NessFire
    Invader
    You know it's very unethical to put yet another pay to play system that go's against Eula and it truly saddens me that other people are supporting becto's last ditch effort to rake in a few extra dollars at the expense of chasing away old and new players.

15. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    But it doesn’t hurt players who haven’t bought a rank... it only supports people who support the server.

Doesn’t it make sense to support people who enjoy this server enough to donate?

It doesn’t have a negative impact on people who don’t donate, so why not?

There’s no reason why this doesn’t benefit anyone. The arguement that this is unethical makes no sense. How could this possibly chase away players? A lot of old players have ranks and would love to see them be rewarded for the money they put in this server.

This will not in any way be a detriment to this server.

+1

16. Lucas S.

Lucas S. Well-Known Member

schottler3
    Veteran
    A perk on a server must be within reason such as a cosmetic trait. If something gives a player too high of an advantage then is can be deemed as unfair or pay2win; potentially going against EULA.

17. MVKay52

MVKay52 Well-Known Member

ImMk
    Veteran
    There’s already one on factions tho... and factions is a PVP server so having this pay to win farm on factions is more of a problem because of its competitive nature.

Whereas skyblock is not competitive, does it really give a donator an “advantage” because it’s not a PVP oriented game mode?

(Also I don’t play skyblock enough to have a biased interest on this)

18. pFET

pFET Well-Known Member

BabyKelp
    Veteran
  19. Bloopaloop

Bloopaloop Well-Known Member

Bloopaloop
    God
    It still shouldn't even be a thing on factions. The time it takes you to gain tokens is just insane compared to a non ranked member. On all servers a donator farm provides a huge economic advantage. As far as skyblock having a grinder that has more mobs/higher drop chance of tokens is a high advantage. Obviously the economic gain is easier since obtaining tokens to either sell or use yourself is far easier then. This also has a negative impact as far as items go as the amount of tokens entered into the game will be increased severely. -1

20. Piccoman

Piccoman Well-Known Member

NessFire
    Invader
    Yes restricting a area that can only be accessed by using real money and it gives players a advantage is highly unethical that's why it is against Eula to do this on your server. About how they added a farm on factions it did have a huge negative impact on factions but those new players didn't bother to voice their opinion with words they just left the server and it shows on the amount of online players (not saying that was the only problem). If there was a donator farm when I joined in season 4 of factions it would have been a good indication on the kind of server becto is and I would have personally not continued to play.